Yamaha AVR owners thread

After being used to the Yamaha HTiB that I owned for over 2 years, I got myself the Denon AVR X2600H. I had spent well over a month and no matter what configuration/settings I tried, the Denon AVR left me very unsatisfied, especially in the stereo performance compared my previous AVR (Yamaha HTR 2071). I did have conversations with some of the members here, and after a lot of reading up on articles/reviews and other forums, I decided to trade in my AVR with the Yamaha RX-V685.
The minute I turned on the Yamaha AVR, and played some tracks on Tidal, it instantly put a smile on my face. Even thought the Yamaha RXV-685 is priced a bit higher (about 2k difference) and the specified wattage is lower (270 watts) compared to the Denon 2600H (500 watts), I found the sound to be fuller and more lively on the Yamaha.
IMHO, The Yamaha AVRs are very much underrated.

I found the sound to be fuller and more lively on the Yamaha.
That's correct.Yamaha AVRs usually sounds open and lively.Denon are more movie oriented.That's why may FM will suggest Yamah or Marantz when one asks an avr for 50-50% movies and music.
Every brand has its own sonic signature.Yamaha is open sounding,but when it come to high dynamic situation, marantz can do better job.It all depends on design.Also need to compare AVRs with same set of speakers before conclusion.

I decided to trade in my AVR with the Yamaha RX-V685.

Gr8 choice. I use earlier model 683. If you could do the proper room calibration then it will be icing on the cake. Stereo performance is just great with my reference premier Klipsch tower speaker. I have DT770 pro for the comparison so I know what is audiophile quality:)

Finally after much speculation between denon x2600h and yamaha rx-v685, pickd up the yamaha n delighted with sound.. it is the more blanced between the 2 n i think it is a better pick..

Thanks to Kirankj1724 for sharing his feedback and experience all along with me, it greatly helped as we have similar speaker and sub combo.

Finally after much speculation between denon x2600h and yamaha rx-v685, pickd up the yamaha n delighted with sound.. it is the more blanced between the 2 n i think it is a better pick..

Thanks to Kirankj1724 for sharing his feedback and experience all along with me, it greatly helped as we have similar speaker and sub combo.
Hey Ankit could you please check if the screws,usb port,aux port or the insides of the vents of your yamaha receiver is having small electricity.Reason i ask is not only my AVR RX-685 but also the selllers has the same issue.Please find the attached photos.You have to use a tester.Could you please check and confirm?

I asked becaue the seller also wasnt aware and once he checked his yamaha amplifier and other AVRs at this shop he also found this current.Hence i just need to confirm for peace of mind if its only certain AVRs or if this is there on every AVR which may suggest that its as intended and not actually a defect.

Please note that the BODY doesnt have any current due to the paint coating but only the screws and any metallic part like the inside of the vents and the usb port and if u connect an AUX and put a tester to the other end of the aux cable u will see this current.

Attachments

• c79f8b59-d536-48ff-993b-fbfe6118a908.jpeg
    c79f8b59-d536-48ff-993b-fbfe6118a908.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 30
  • d386ec7d-6322-4f5b-b789-5239bd1745c9.jpeg
    d386ec7d-6322-4f5b-b789-5239bd1745c9.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 30
  • dcf6be26-36dd-4733-b69e-f08ef2801bb0.jpeg
    dcf6be26-36dd-4733-b69e-f08ef2801bb0.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hey Ankit could you please check if the screws,usb port,aux port or the insides of the vents of your yamaha receiver is having small electricity.Reason i ask is not only my AVR RX-685 but also the selllers has the same issue.Please find the attached photos.You have to use a tester.Could you please check and confirm?

I asked becaue the seller also wasnt aware and once he checked his yamaha amplifier and other AVRs at this shop he also found this current.Hence i just need to confirm for peace of mind if its only certain AVRs or if this is there on every AVR which may suggest that its as intended and not actually a defect.

Please note that the BODY doesnt have any current due to the paint coating but only the screws and any metallic part like the inside of the vents and the usb port and if u connect an AUX and put a tester to the other end of the aux cable u will see this current.

Well I dont feel any current in my bare hands.. Don't have a tester screwdriver to check this.. Maybe Kiran can check if he has.. I will try n arrange something to check it for u as well..

Well I dont feel any current in my bare hands.. Don't have a tester screwdriver to check this.. Maybe Kiran can check if he has.. I will try n arrange something to check it for u as well..
thanks a lot.that wud be very helpful.please check and do let me know.

Hi, I’m planning to get Yamaha AV receiver 485 or 585 for my dad. I’m based out of Bangalore. Please let me know if any dealer who can give at best price with bill & warranty.

can u while testing also pls take a pic and attach here.actually i need it.my seller is hell bent on implying that all yamaha receivers have this.its only fron owners like you that i can get the proof.pls help

can u while testing also pls take a pic and attach here.actually i need it.my seller is hell bent on implying that all yamaha receivers have this.its only fron owners like you that i can get the proof.pls help

I guess I will need to buy the tester then.. Today being Sunday am not sure the shop will be open.. I will check while returning back though since am not at home right now

Hi, I’m planning to get Yamaha AV receiver 485 or 585 for my dad. I’m based out of Bangalore. Please let me know if any dealer who can give at best price with bill & warranty.
a word on that.pls have a tester handy with you.switch on the receiver and do check the screws and the usb ports and aux ports for leakage current.pls do that.u dont want to be on the side that i am today

I guess I will need to buy the tester then.. Today being Sunday am not sure the shop will be open.. I will check while returning back though since am not at home right now
thanks a lot man.fingers crossed.also did u purchase offline or online?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back