Yamaha AVR owners thread

hey.. i just tested with the tester and no current at all.. Seems all fine..

View attachment 48369View attachment 48370View attachment 48371
hey ankit u did it wrongly.u have to put one of ur finger on the top of the tester.then only u will u be able to find it because ur finger works as the ground.dont worry u will not feel any current.please see the images in which i have tested for reference.u see my index finger on the top of the tester.thats how u have to do.could u check again pls

Attachments

• 9BE2F0C5-771C-4946-881B-579A191EDD58.jpeg
    9BE2F0C5-771C-4946-881B-579A191EDD58.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sorry my bad.. Didn't know how to use it.. After checking your photos again I understood and tried it on 2 to 3 things to be sure before I tested the Avr again. N still no current from those outlets in the Avr.. Have attached the photos here for your reference.. Hope this helps

IMG_20200810_233344.jpgIMG_20200810_233356.jpgIMG_20200810_233414.jpg

Sorry my bad.. Didn't know how to use it.. After checking your photos again I understood and tried it on 2 to 3 things to be sure before I tested the Avr again. N still no current from those outlets in the Avr.. Have attached the photos here for your reference.. Hope this helps

View attachment 48379View attachment 48380View attachment 48381
cool .thanks a ton man.also wheres ur mode made at.cud u also check that.last request

try contacting Yamaha customer support n see if your store isnt of much help
well bad news.yamaha support doesnt exist.take my word on that.in india they just have a support page and a form to fill out.do that and they will send u a link to the same page to find out the service centre closest to u.yes its that pathetic.even i was surprised.

the numbers of head and branch office on their page either rings or not and anyways nobody answers.u r entirely at the mercy of ur dealer and the service centre.if ur service centre guys mess up smthng for u then other than going legal ur options would be severly limited.

i hope ur yamaha stays good till u decide to throw it out so that u dont have to go thru the agony i have for these few weeks.

well bad news.yamaha support doesnt exist.take my word on that.in india they just have a support page and a form to fill out.do that and they will send u a link to the same page to find out the service centre closest to u.yes its that pathetic.even i was surprised.

the numbers of head and branch office on their page either rings or not and anyways nobody answers.u r entirely at the mercy of ur dealer and the service centre.if ur service centre guys mess up smthng for u then other than going legal ur options would be severly limited.

i hope ur yamaha stays good till u decide to throw it out so that u dont have to go thru the agony i have for these few weeks.

Fortunately I haven't faced any issues with Yamaha.. Had another Avr of Yamaha for about 3 years which I used and recently sold that to upgrade to v685

Have you spoken to the service center? WhatWhat have they got to say about it

Fortunately I haven't faced any issues with Yamaha.. Had another Avr of Yamaha for about 3 years which I used and recently sold that to upgrade to v685

Have you spoken to the service center? WhatWhat have they got to say about it
the service centre as usual is planning for repair of a new item.i said no.also they are not forthcoming on the warranty but wen i told them to give it in writing thats wen they told me that they will get back.besides they say yamaha doesnt replace and they dont understand that this is not a simple thing that they can just wish off.anyways to get them to respond i had to start legal procedure.if they dont refund or replace i have to think if i go fwd with taking them to court or just sell it off after repair.the yamaha service centre though warned that opening and repair cud affect the quality and i dont want that.if its worth fighting it out i will but thats a call for the lawyer to take.anyways the legal notice goes in by end of this week.will update here watever happens

there are multiple things which also makes me question the quality of yamaha now which i didnt earlier.if yamaha indeed confirms that my product is authorized to be sold in india then the next question that cant be answered is why many online yamaha avrs sold across models..mine another guys amplifier has same issue while sm dont have like urs.as i said either online sellers are selling questionable merchandise or yamaha really has serious quality control issues which is highly disadvantageous to yamaha as one of the deciding factors while choosing it over say a denon or a marantz is the build quality and even for me this was the last aspect that made me buy a yamaha over denon x2600h

Last edited:
the service centre as usual is planning for repair of a new item.i said no.also they are not forthcoming on the warranty but wen i told them to give it in writing thats wen they told me that they will get back.besides they say yamaha doesnt replace and they dont understand that this is not a simple thing that they can just wish off.anyways to get them to respond i had to start legal procedure.if they dont refund or replace i have to think if i go fwd with taking them to court or just sell it off after repair.the yamaha service centre though warned that opening and repair cud affect the quality and i dont want that.if its worth fighting it out i will but thats a call for the lawyer to take.anyways the legal notice goes in by end of this week.will update here watever happens

there are multiple things which also makes me question the quality of yamaha now which i didnt earlier.if yamaha indeed confirms that my product is authorized to be sold in india then the next question that cant be answered is why many online yamaha avrs sold across models..mine another guys amplifier has same issue while sm dont have like urs.as i said either online sellers are selling questionable merchandise or yamaha really has serious quality control issues which is highly disadvantageous to yamaha as one of the deciding factors while choosing it over say a denon or a marantz is the build quality and even for me this was the last aspect that made me buy a yamaha over denon x2600h

Thats why people prefer buying Amazon for the return policy they offer. It gives complete piece of mind. But then again many companies are taking that away with their own policy saying no warranty on online purchase. So again back to offline. Mostly I have seen sellers backing out or referring you to the service centre after they have sold the product even if it is brand new purchased very recently. This is indeed a sad affair. Quality was a factor for me as well to purchase Yamaha over Denon. Anyhow good luck with your issue. Hope you have it resolved. Please update here on how the legal matter proceeds for all the forum members knowledge. If you need anymore testing for the AVR let me know I will try and do it for you.

My RX-V485 doesn't give me any such issues. I have directly touched the screws and no tingling sensation, tried all screws on either sides.

Thats why people prefer buying Amazon for the return policy they offer. It gives complete piece of mind. But then again many companies are taking that away with their own policy saying no warranty on online purchase. So again back to offline. Mostly I have seen sellers backing out or referring you to the service centre after they have sold the product even if it is brand new purchased very recently. This is indeed a sad affair. Quality was a factor for me as well to purchase Yamaha over Denon. Anyhow good luck with your issue. Hope you have it resolved. Please update here on how the legal matter proceeds for all the forum members knowledge. If you need anymore testing for the AVR let me know I will try and do it for you.
ok decide for urselves whoever read this.i wont jump on conclusions.will just narrate wat happened.u guys draw the conclusions.today got a call from my nearest service centre in the evng.asked me to bring the device to the service centre.i asked why.they said for repair.we will cut ur wire and make it three pin.i said if this was ok yamaha wud have included it rt and this is a device problem and anyways i have repeatedly even told ur management who happened to call yesterday probably due to the mail from consumer forum that i want refund or replacement.
then he was silent.i sid who asked u.he said a head office in kerala(not taking names here).i said fine but did delhi guys ask u.he said he doesnt know.i told him see i need no repair.let me get in touch wih the delhi guys back.
the delhi yamaha music india management guys call me and say please submit ur device.we r actually discussing ur matter and before any step we want the service centre to analyse.i said fine so wats the need.they said submit for 2 days for them to analyse and report.i said ok but this is smthng that can be found with a tester or a multimeter and without touching a single screw.then why do u need 2 days.i further added.are u trying to repair?he said see we have the refund and replacement under consideration but we first have to analyse.i said if u want to verify i can very well bring it and in front of me u can use a tester to check.wen i prodded further he had nothing much to say.i said that i can submit it if yamaha sends a refund or replacement and then anyways its theirs and they can do whatever they want.so i told him that i am anyway going to go leagal if this doesnt get resolved and if the court feels that repair is the only option then be it.i am fine.but till then i will try.but i told i will try for a resolution since u have called and only will go to court should this fail.have sent a detailed mail regarding all that we have discussed.what do u guys feel after reading this.what conclusion do u arrive at after reading wat they demanded today and read it together with the service centre call 1 hr before this.i will let u know wat the lawyer told me after ur replies if any

but again quality is smthng that is now questionable ankit.the reason i say this is because the seller showed me his personal yamaha amplifier and couple of other yamaha devices across models having exact same issue.one other guy who purchased a yamaha amp viz., i gues NS303...not sure about the exact model number has the exact same issue.purchased in march 2020 from amazon india from another seller again amazon fulfilled.till today evening i thought online guys are selling grey market stuff but yamaha has confirmed today that its not.and seena thok ke he told me no other yamaha user has till date reported such an issue.i said well i may not have contacted 65 service centres like u but the limited number of people that i have,have mixed opinion.sm have and sm dont and i told him that this further puts the blame squarely on yamaha.i guess this is a onkyo kind of situation for yamaha.they seem to have real quality issues nowadays or othwrwise i have no other logical explanation for so many devices behaving differently.wen i raised it on another forum they are already starting to test all their devices and have said that if this is there on many then they will stop recommending yamaha to others.so at least yamaha is no more suitable to be called "built like a tank".only if more and more users on our forums come forward with their results we wil be able to get a clear picture.i dont know how denon is vis a vis cust care but with my limited experience with some brands i can say yamaha service is pathetic

ok decide for urselves whoever read this.i wont jump on conclusions.will just narrate wat happened.u guys draw the conclusions.today got a call from my nearest service centre in the evng.asked me to bring the device to the service centre.i asked why.they said for repair.we will cut ur wire and make it three pin.i said if this was ok yamaha wud have included it rt and this is a device problem and anyways i have repeatedly even told ur management who happened to call yesterday probably due to the mail from consumer forum that i want refund or replacement.
then he was silent.i sid who asked u.he said a head office in kerala(not taking names here).i said fine but did delhi guys ask u.he said he doesnt know.i told him see i need no repair.let me get in touch wih the delhi guys back.
the delhi yamaha music india management guys call me and say please submit ur device.we r actually discussing ur matter and before any step we want the service centre to analyse.i said fine so wats the need.they said submit for 2 days for them to analyse and report.i said ok but this is smthng that can be found with a tester or a multimeter and without touching a single screw.then why do u need 2 days.i further added.are u trying to repair?he said see we have the refund and replacement under consideration but we first have to analyse.i said if u want to verify i can very well bring it and in front of me u can use a tester to check.wen i prodded further he had nothing much to say.i said that i can submit it if yamaha sends a refund or replacement and then anyways its theirs and they can do whatever they want.so i told him that i am anyway going to go leagal if this doesnt get resolved and if the court feels that repair is the only option then be it.i am fine.but till then i will try.but i told i will try for a resolution since u have called and only will go to court should this fail.have sent a detailed mail regarding all that we have discussed.what do u guys feel after reading this.what conclusion do u arrive at after reading wat they demanded today and read it together with the service centre call 1 hr before this.i will let u know wat the lawyer told me after ur replies if any

I think they were asking for 2 days to repair it and give it back to u.. If they want to inspect they should do it in front of you.. And how would making it a 3 pin plug will help I dont understand that.. Anyhow I think you are heading in the right direction.. Hopefully you will have a resolution soon.

I think they were asking for 2 days to repair it and give it back to u.. If they want to inspect they should do it in front of you.. And how would making it a 3 pin plug will help I dont understand that.. Anyhow I think you are heading in the right direction.. Hopefully you will have a resolution soon.
exactly u got it rt there.they were trying slyly to get it and repair it so that i dont have any claim after that.the 3 pin would ground the earth voltage and remove this issue but theres a reason the compny doesnt do it.ground loops and hum.tahts why i told u.i hope u never get any issue on the yamaha.

exactly u got it rt there.they were trying slyly to get it and repair it so that i dont have any claim after that.the 3 pin would ground the earth voltage and remove this issue but theres a reason the compny doesnt do it.ground loops and hum.tahts why i told u.i hope u never get any issue on the yamaha.

so what has your lawyer got to say..? any update about this

so what has your lawyer got to say..? any update about this
he told me watever happens never submit it at service centre coz if they repair it then u got no claim.he said if they want to verify in my case its easy.they can just see it without even opening.so he told me its gud i didnt concede to that demand.this is why i am concerned now abt even replacement if yamaha provides that.see if a seller behaves this way its understandable but a company behaving this way isnt according to me a good sign.though i have sent them my reply as a mail to have a record of wat transpired they are yet to get back and i dont expect they will coz till now the attitude of yamaha has been far from satisfactory and even if say tomorrow they refund/replace yet i will have this suspision abt them and i will in future share it with anybody who asks me about a yamaha product atleast in india.there are many ifs and buts here.today a US guy confirmed his RX-A700 probably having same issue.i dont know wat more to say other than stating that yamaha has either a serious quality control issue or a certain factory making it has been pumping out defective material or worst case buying a yamaha is like flipping a coin...u either end up with a defect or not.

Attached is the reply from yamaha where it refuses to accept it as manufacturing defect whereas all the while they have been saying over the phone that their devices dont have leakage current on their devices as do they in this mail too.

Yamaha was being evasive with me when i prodded as to what they want to analyse and finally when i kept asking they said wen they find the issue they will repair it.Thats wen i asked then why they had to send so many mails and waste both our times as in the call and the mail i had made it pretty clear that i dont want repair but refund/replacemnet of a defective unit.

Whats surprising is their repeated insisting that no one yet has reported any residual current implying its not there other than on mine and thats because many users are doing DIY and considering its fine...we can manage when they shoul be ideally escalating this to yamaha and putting them on the dock so that they atleast dont mess up new models for upcoming users.

Attachments

• yamahaissue.png
    yamahaissue.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 23
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back