Yamaha AVR owners thread

So what about the yamaha social medium platforms like - Twitter, Insta etc ? Raised the concern there too ?
ha ha.doesnt exist officially even on their site.found two.one seemed legit.no answers.yamaha doenst work that way.even posted to their US page.nope.no answers.they wouldnt have responsed had it not been for the legal notice.I never have had to send a legal notice till date to any company.if any issue arose as if u even mail the corporate desk the follow ups and fix are swift generally.

Hi,
I've been away from home for couple of days, so couldn't confirm the electric leakage that is being discussed here.
Returned back yesterday and I checked this, and can confirm that my RX-V685 doesn't have this issue. I tested as per the steps suggested in earlier post.
I bought the AVR around a month ago locally from Bangalore.

Edit : month and year of import is mentioned as March 2020 on the box.

Anyone using Aventage 1080?
I am currently using Denon X2600H, used Yamaha RXV473 earlier. Not happy much with Denon. Mulling to switch back to Yamaha. Please provide your inputs.

so yamaha has given me a cryptic reply confirming wat i said but even after finding the voltage at their ASC too they now claim its a ground issue that can be fixed at my home or by adding a grounding wire to the avr.
I dont understand what they mean because i was telling them the same ans thats why i wanted the refund/replacement because i didnt want to do DIY on the item.Even after finding the issue at their service centre they shamelessly tell me to fix grounding at my home.How do i solve grounding issue at my place when i dont have it as i have already confirmed it and do they suggest that their service centre included have this issue but wont agree that the AVR is faulty.

Attachments

• mail2.png
    mail2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
Wow.. read the entire conversation and its unfortunate instead of enjoying the purchase u are having to go through all the problems with no satisfactory resolution from the company yet. I think the company is pretty adamant on giving it to service center and repairing it. With the way it is going it might stretch longer.

Keep us updated please
Ankit could you if possible DM me the serial number and the date of purchase etc of the device if needed since wen i go to court these guys will probably imply that all models have this.I have seen many crooks and then i met Yamaha management.This mail this mail...i dont understand do they consider customers to be fools.

Attachments

• mail2.png
    mail2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 14
Need a help guys, I recently picked a used RXA 810 for a reasonable sum but the issue is it does not have the calibration mic. Would like to know how to find a suitable alternative, or can I use any mic from the Avantage series.

Need a help guys, I recently picked a used RXA 810 for a reasonable sum but the issue is it does not have the calibration mic. Would like to know how to find a suitable alternative, or can I use any mic from the Avantage series.

Great. I have been using the same model since 2012. It's built like a tank and handled all the abuses thrown by me. Still going strong.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I believe you can use any yamaha yapo mic. Please try and let us know your findings.

Great. I have been using the same model since 2012. It's built like a tank and handled all the abuses thrown by me. Still going strong.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I believe you can use any yamaha yapo mic. Please try and let us know your findings.
Thanks brother but I have read in forums that the calibration mics are different for each series, hence the doubt. I have configured it manually for time being.

Thanks brother but I have read in forums that the calibration mics are different for each series, hence the doubt. I have configured it manually for time being.

In that case you could purchase it off ebay.

I use YAPO for getting a guideline only. I always set the levels manually post calibration.

In that case you could purchase it off ebay.

I use YAPO for getting a guideline only. I always set the levels manually post calibration.
I understand, but setting the Parametric Eq manually would be almost impossible. Levels can be done with an SPL meter itself.

great.i really hope ur receiver is totally issue free and serves u for years.so wat speakers r u getting?
so if urs fine or even if it has the same problem as mine will you be comfortable to take pics showing that with a tester and also the serial number or smthng which states how refent it was pirchased.reason is simple yamaha can flip either sides if and wen ingo to court.i would hqve to compile all this and take it to a lawyer to make hime understand this and then ask about my options.
but one thing i am sure about is that random yamha devices even the ones ath the sevic centre and elsewhere have it.so its some issue at yamahas but till this discussion catches on i dont think this will ever get addressed

Hi,
I've been away from home for couple of days, so couldn't confirm the electric leakage that is being discussed here.
Returned back yesterday and I checked this, and can confirm that my RX-V685 doesn't have this issue. I tested as per the steps suggested in earlier post.
I bought the AVR around a month ago locally from Bangalore.

Edit : month and year of import is mentioned as March 2020 on the box.
ok mine was a 2019 july make product.great to know this.i dont know if thisnpoints towards an online offline disconnect or issue.offline ones dont seem to have it or maybe an online purchaser yet has to confirm.also it seems strange that amazon is selling one year old manufactured item.

Last edited:
Anyone using Aventage 1080?
I am currently using Denon X2600H, used Yamaha RXV473 earlier. Not happy much with Denon. Mulling to switch back to Yamaha. Please provide your inputs.
Not used myself ,but 2080 has good sound if checked YouTube demos.-

so wats missing on the x2600h.anything u noticed and arent x2600h and 1080 in different price points or tiers.i guess an apt comparison shud be x3600h and 1080 rt?

What's missing:rolleyes:
The punch in the music which I am missing in denon. Also lots of setting and things to play around which I had in Yamaha RXV 473 are also missing. X2600H is definitely better than Yamaha 473 but still when it comes to music I feel Yamaha has that upper edge. I can't feel music they way I used to feel in Yamaha.

Yes, 3600 is an apt comparison but then I thought if at all I have to move back to Yamaha then let's consider a bit better range, although 1080 is 7.2 and 3600 is 9.2 but heard Aventage range is really good. Haven't auditioned it yet though.

Last edited:
What's missing:rolleyes:
The punch in the music which I am missing in denon. Also lots of setting and things to play around which I had in Yamaha RXV 473 are also missing. X2600H is definitely better than Yamaha 473 but still when it comes to music I feel Yamaha has that upper edge. I can't feel music they way I used to feel in Yamaha.

Yes, 3600 is an apt comparison but then I thought if at all I have to move back to Yamaha then let's consider a bit better range, although 1080 is 7.2 and 3600 is 9.2 but heard Aventage range is really good. Haven't auditioned it yet though.
well havent yet heard a denon.so curiosity of how it differs.

Yamaha Launched new 8K AVR's 2020 model - RX-V6A and RX-V4A starts at $440 :cool:
Looks like this will shake up things in AVR space a bit from the features/pricing point provided its offered at same cost in other parts of the world.

Hi
I have been using yamaha rx-v583. while playing movies with Atmos decoder information is showing "DD Atmos / DDTHD" instead of "Dolby Atmos" as enclosed in the image.

Attachments

• RXV583.jpg
    RXV583.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back