Yamaha AVR owners thread

from my personal exp dont go for polk S20s if music is ur main usage.movies/streaming its ok.
preferably go for qacoustics.havent heard them but one friend also suggested they are better.3020i or the 3030i but the 3030i is massive bookshelf it seems.
@Prodigy has often hinted that indiqaudio has great speakers.if u r near banglore do have an audition.
@aswinrulez☝️ updated wrong thread.was meant as reply to ur ques

Need your help/suggestion to my problem.
My AVR Yamaha RX-V479 has started to crackle since yesterday and its getting worse.
My set-up is simple - LG LED TV to Yamaha Receiver via Optical Cable
Below are the troubleshooting steps performed:-
1. Anything played on TV started to crackle, hence replaced optical cable but the crackling sound wont go away.
2. Played audio via airplay and found no issues, hence thought it has to do with the optical cable or the optical port in the receiver/TV.
3. Connected TV to Yamaha receiver via HDMi ARC and I thought this will fix the issue, but to my utter disappointment the crackling sound is heard in HDMI ARC, Aux, Bluetooth, Radio, AV1/AV2, Audio1/2 and now in AirPlay also.

Also another thing I noticed is that, the receiver switches off by itself when I switch it on and again I switch it on it stays stable (something that I observe for the first time along the crackling sound issue)

Now I'm seriously worried and suspecting something is seriously damaged inside and needs motherboard replacement or something. I did try to search for some solutions in Youtube but nothing helpful.

Please help what would be the best way to get this fixed.
Hi Sanloyn,

Were you able to resolve the issue. Kindly share.

I'm experiencing random ON/OFF on my RX V450. Maybe can pick up something from your reply.

Thanks.

Hi All,
Recently I got a DSP Z11 amp. I came to know it was a monster when introduced and suddenly picked.
The issue is that some times the complete sound goes off through the speakers but the picture to the display is not affected. And if the audio is passed to the tv it will sound with out any issues.

After few switch off and on of main power switch sound will come back(some times).

Anybody faced same issue and know how to solve it please advise.

Thanks,
John Mathew

Hi FMs, I am a beginner and would like to start my first home theater setup, so I am planning to start my home theater experience with 3.1 with a budget of 1.5lacs, have decided below options need your suggestion.

Avr - Yamaha rx v6a for 50k-55k(yet to launch)
IndiqAudio achal custom tower with subs 1.1lac

Hi FMs, I am a beginner and would like to start my first home theater setup, so I am planning to start my home theater experience with 3.1 with a budget of 1.5lacs, have decided below options need your suggestion.

Avr - Yamaha rx v6a for 50k-55k(yet to launch)
IndiqAudio achal custom tower with subs 1.1lac
v6a seems to have wome issues as seen by customers in europe etc regarding hdmi 2.1.i dont know if thats a show stopper

Hi Everyone,

Writing to my solution in which HDMI ARC and CEC control was not working till now.

Today I disabled/removed the 13th pin of HDMI connector cable which was connected to my Dish TV setup box and everything working now flawlessly. I can control volume of my AVR from TV remote and even switching between TV OS (Android) and last HDMI input happens automatically. For example if I am viewing setup box from AVR HDMI 2 and if select USB play/ YouTube from my TV OS it switches to ARC automatically and if I select again HDMI 3( TV's where my AVR connected) it switch back to last selected input on my AVR which is set top box.

Thanks again everyone for valuable input.
Hi. facing the same issue.Is there any other fix for same

Yamaha India site is updated to include the new 2020 RX series models i.e. RX-V6A and RX-V4A. Wonder what is the launch price!

I've been quoted the price for RX V6A at 55.5K here in Ahmedabad.
Can pick up on 26th Jan. Anyone else get a price from any dealers?

Hi All,
Recently I got a DSP Z11 amp. I came to know it was a monster when introduced and suddenly picked.
The issue is that some times the complete sound goes off through the speakers but the picture to the display is not affected. And if the audio is passed to the tv it will sound with out any issues.

After few switch off and on of main power switch sound will come back(some times).

Anybody faced same issue and know how to solve it please advise.

Thanks,
John Mathew
Avr was given back to the seller last December as I couldn't sort the issue. Last week bought it back as it's made ok.
Now functiong with out any issues.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back