Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hold on to the new receivers from Yamaha, saw a video uploaded by TechnoDad as he did some testing.

Weird issues, it can't output 4K at 60hz too.
Attaching some screenshots.
Screenshot_20210422-180626_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210422-205915_YouTube.jpg

Can V6A owners confirm this?

Hi all.

Is there anyone who owned Yamaha R N 602.
Want to buy a new stereo amp. And consider RN 602.
But I am not sure about audio quality as people say if want a good music experience go for marantz.
Can anyone help me about this purchase.

Hi all.

Is there anyone who owned Yamaha R N 602.
Want to buy a new stereo amp. And consider RN 602.
But I am not sure about audio quality as people say if want a good music experience go for marantz.
Can anyone help me about this purchase.
My suggestion.Go for the RN803 .Marantz PM6007 also has the hum thats being referred here

I had purchased the Marantz PM6007 pretty soon after its launch and it seems to carry on the issue being reported here in PM6006 UK edition.
Also Marantz is a bit warm compared to yamaha and sometimes certain parts of song that would stand out on my yamaha avr(which is surprising) just rolls off on my marantz.I wont say i am dissapointed with it,rather i find it a good amp but to somebody whos going to purchase one i would rather not have you buying an amp with a known problem.You could also look at cambridge audio for that matter.

Guys,
Need good technicians to repair Yamaha AVR (RXA 2020) in Mumbai, the authorized Yamaha quoted 5k just to identify the problem, and 35k to replace the board. Friend had got the used receiver for 35k itself.

Last edited:
Guys,
Need good technicians to repair Yamaha AVR (RXA 2020) in Mumbai, the authorized Yamaha quoted 5k just to identify the problem, and 35k to replace the board. Friend had got the used receiver for 35k itself.
I've had some experience with Yamaha Authorized service centre, in Bengaluru though. They would want to replace the "motherboard" even if it's a loose contact or one channel not working.

Try to negotiate for a charge not more than 25% of your AVR cost or get it repaired elsewhere outside warranty limits for less.

I've had some experience with Yamaha Authorized service centre, in Bengaluru though. They would want to replace the "motherboard" even if it's a loose contact or one channel not working.

Try to negotiate for a charge not more than 25% of your AVR cost or get it repaired elsewhere outside warranty limits for less.
strange coz a yamaha auth service personnel had told me that with yamaha the beauty is that they can repair component wise which is cheap but with denon/marantz they need to replace the whole board which is costly.This auth service centre at my place is the auth service for yam/den/marantz.
seems every auth service provider is telling some lie always

Hi there, I'm hoping one of you experienced Yamaha owners will be able to help me. I have been using a Yamaha RX-V581 almost daily for about 4 years now and never had any problems. Until today! I switched it on and attempted to play some music and I couldn't hear any sound at all. I disconnected all speakers and reconnected one at a time but again so sound. Tried to change the speaker configuration in the settings and surprisingly could not access ANY of the settings in the Speaker Setup submenu (Config, level, distance, equaliser, test tone). If I tried to enter any of these settings, the error message "Not available" popped up. Then I decided to do a factory reset and run YPAO again. Connected the mic and pressed start and I get this message: UNPLUG PHONES!! So apparently, the receiver thinks headphones are connected and is refusing to output sound through the speakers. I in fact went and connected a pair of headphones and I could hear the audio perfectly well through them. I disconnected and reconnected the headphones a couple of times hoping the AVR would figure out that there are no headphones but still no luck! I cleaned the jack with a earbud but, yep, you guessed it, nada zilch. I'm at my wits' end! Would greatly appreciate some help! Thanks!

One way I just thought of, if you are good with DIY and electronics maybe open the AVR and disconnect the 3.5mm socket from the board.

Not sure is it mounted that way, if you get hold of the service manual, you can get a clear picture of how the 3.5 mm jack is connected.

Hi there, I'm hoping one of you experienced Yamaha owners will be able to help me. I have been using a Yamaha RX-V581 almost daily for about 4 years now and never had any problems. Until today! I switched it on and attempted to play some music and I couldn't hear any sound at all. I disconnected all speakers and reconnected one at a time but again so sound. Tried to change the speaker configuration in the settings and surprisingly could not access ANY of the settings in the Speaker Setup submenu (Config, level, distance, equaliser, test tone). If I tried to enter any of these settings, the error message "Not available" popped up. Then I decided to do a factory reset and run YPAO again. Connected the mic and pressed start and I get this message: UNPLUG PHONES!! So apparently, the receiver thinks headphones are connected and is refusing to output sound through the speakers. I in fact went and connected a pair of headphones and I could hear the audio perfectly well through them. I disconnected and reconnected the headphones a couple of times hoping the AVR would figure out that there are no headphones but still no luck! I cleaned the jack with a earbud but, yep, you guessed it, nada zilch. I'm at my wits' end! Would greatly appreciate some help! Thanks!
An update: Today, just like that, the receiver started working again. Not really sure what happened. I had kept a lot of silica gel packets over and under the receiver and maybe that helped , who knows?
But all is well now!

I decided to sell my AVR and upgrade. Does anyone have any recommendations for Yamaha dealers in Mumbai (with available stock!). I am interested in the Yamaha V6A. Actually, not really sure why I’m sticking to Yamaha lol. Just used to the interface I guess. And I love the mobile apps. Has anyone used both Yamaha and Denon/Marantz and what has been your experience (with similarly priced models? Also, has YPAO been improved on the newer Yamaha models? That’s one thing that annoys me. Results are so inconsistent and often completely off the mark.

Has anyone used both Yamaha and Denon/Marantz and what has been your experience
I have Uses 2 Onkyo, 1 Yamaha, 4 Marantz AVRs and tried 1 Denon with my setups.
What I found that there are some differences in sound quality from model to model (Even same company) . Ideally demo is best option.
Currently I feel Yamaha is more suited for movies then music.Now why l said that? When it comes to 2 ch music, Yamaha sounds sweet and relaxing ,bit when it comes to resolution, l find Marantz is step up. Marantz is more musical but can handle movies well.Yamaha has more attack in movies than Marantz. But again with proper Audyssesy settings, Marantz create more presence in movies.
Denon on other hand has balanced sound. Newer Denon avrs sounds fuller in movies and sounds thicker in music. Yamaha can sound thiner is compared side by side with Denon.
Finally Demo is must to find best suited for your liking.

Thanks for the detailed response @spirovious. I would really like to demo as many receivers as possible but sadly these days for me, it’s a case of beggars can’t be choosers! Hardly any stock in the market, most shops are closed, and whatever is available is being sold at inflated prices! Ideally I should wait until next year but what to do, this “upgrade” keeda is worse than the coronavirus :)

My AVR Rx 473 had gone into protection mode. After following the usual method ( pressing info, tone & power button together) it came back to life for a day or so then again gone back to standby mode. This time it is showing the message as A - 1 - 1 DSP MARGIN. The ' sleep ' sign is also glowing.
Can anybody suggest a solution pl. Thanks in advance.
- V N MATHUR

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back