Yamaha AVR owners thread

Ooh... I never thought of changing the internal transformer !! But il explore.

I have 2 questions please...
1. Will this below chain work ??
Power source - surge protector - step down transformer - avr

2. Surge protector Vs stabilizer which is better ?

Thanks for the guidance efernand1 :)

Welcome!

Stabilizers not really sure how reliable they are...at the Goa house, they work well....

Honestly never tried the chain.....before....too many things in it......(possibly @antoniodias can shed some light if he has used stablizer + step down transformer in Goa).

Hi, I picked the YHT 3072 today & I am trying to set it up. Did the YAPO callibration, But I find the surround & woofer bit low than what I was expecting. I checked the speaker config & tried tweaking it around a bit. Any settings/suggestions to fine tune? Or do I need to wait for the woofers to set in

Using t
To yamaha rxv685 users-
It will be good if you share sound quality of this model.
When l check specs,it consumes more power(590w) than earlier model(400w or less).
Also it has 4 dac chips, one for 2 ch unlike regularly used as single 8ch BB dac.
Kindly compare its sound quality with other one.
Using the rxv685 , about 2 months now...sq is very good
Very easy to set up & use
..its paired with q acoustics concept 20 BS , 3090 center, polk T15 for sorrounds & the old df tech trinity sub..Svs sb 2000 is on the way as the second sub.
As 5.1 its extremly good
Pretty good for 2 channel music listening too.
I guess its rated at around 90wpc @ 8 ohms.

Jst downsized my gear to Avr (rx685) & book shelf speakers.
Now planning to set up another room for HT & music...dont want to spend more as already jst set up the rx685.

Getting a good deal on a old yam Rxv 3900 rated at 140× 7 @ 8 ohms (atleast 9yrs old) this will be paired with a differnt set of BS's (most probably taga platinum b40).

Would it be a good idea to pick up an old avr.(ps : i dont need 4k avr as i already have the 685)

Hi, I picked the YHT 3072 today & I am trying to set it up. Did the YAPO callibration, But I find the surround & woofer bit low than what I was expecting. I checked the speaker config & tried tweaking it around a bit. Any settings/suggestions to fine tune? Or do I need to wait for the woofers to set in

Read the Owners Manual...there would be guidance on how to increase manually speaker levels to your expectations...make these increases 1db at a time.......YPAO has done adjustments based on the room and distances of the speakers.....so you will need to increase all speaker levels......

Secondly the source sometimes is the culprit....try different sources and check before making any manual setting changes,,,,,

Jst downsized my gear to Avr (rx685) & book shelf speakers.
Now planning to set up another room for HT & music...dont want to spend more as already jst set up the rx685.

Getting a good deal on a old yam Rxv 3900 rated at 140× 7 @ 8 ohms (atleast 9yrs old) this will be paired with a differnt set of BS's (most probably taga platinum b40).

Would it be a good idea to pick up an old avr.(ps : i dont need 4k avr as i already have the 685)

Most of us will buy an OLD Flagship AVR for its built quality and performance....make sure you check it, read all reviews (posted here and google, Youtube etc) and make an informed decision.....accept with a pinch of salt 2-5 years down the line (god forbid) that the same AVR may face challenges should there be some issue or parts replacement......if one uses an electronic the way it is supposed to be used, nothing happens for years!

Read the Owners Manual...there would be guidance on how to increase manually speaker levels to your expectations...make these increases 1db at a time.......YPAO has done adjustments based on the room and distances of the speakers.....so you will need to increase all speaker levels......

Secondly the source sometimes is the culprit....try different sources and check before making any manual setting changes,,,,,
Thanks @efernand1. I am doing the similar test. I noticed that on the AVR display it shows 'HDMI Tx Demo'. Not sure why this is coming. Could not find any way to change that. Searched on google as well. Did not see any threads about this. Maybe the Yamaha users here have faced it.

Thanks @efernand1. I am doing the similar test. I noticed that on the AVR display it shows 'HDMI Tx Demo'. Not sure why this is coming. Could not find any way to change that. Searched on google as well. Did not see any threads about this. Maybe the Yamaha users here have faced it.
Never seen this. Is this showing up on the top left corner? A snapshot would help.
Is it with only one input or all HDMI inputs?

Use another cable....this is what i could find related to HDMI TX demo

Never seen this. Is this showing up on the top left corner? A snapshot would help.
Is it with only one input or all HDMI inputs?
Enclosed is the photo of the display. I have connected the set top box from Hathway to HDMI1 & the HDMI out to ARC on the TV. I have not tested with other HDMI ports.

Attachments

• IMG-20190217-WA0050.jpg
    IMG-20190217-WA0050.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 21
Enclosed is the photo of the display. I have connected the set top box from Hathway to HDMI1 & the HDMI out to ARC on the TV. I have not tested with other HDMI ports.
Ok, if you toggle the info button then what are the other info displayed?
Please try connecting to other hdmi inputs and different cable as suggested by another FM
Write to yamaha support too.

I tired changing the HDMI ports & found the same issue with any HDMI port I used. Tried with a different cable as well. Maybe I need to do a factory reset once & see

Ok, if you toggle the info button then what are the other info displayed?
Please try connecting to other hdmi inputs and different cable as suggested by another FM
Write to yamaha support too.
I found the reason for the 'HDMI Tx DEMO' being displayed. The HDMI Input ports can be assigned a name Manually or Automatically. If it is left as "Auto", it picks the name of the port as "Tx DEMO". Once I changed it to Manual, the 'Tx DEMO" message disappeared.

Last edited:
Hello All,

Just wanted to inform that i have bought a RXA-2070. I have this running Monitor Audio Rx1 front and RXCX Center and JBL Control1 Surrounds. I have already run YPAO but i feel it still can be tweaked. I shall read the manual, in the meantime if there are config links please do share.

Thanks and regards,
PRasanna KV

Hi

YPAO will set optimal settings of level, EQ etc based on your room and speakers being used.....

If you feel the sound is not that good enough.....first try different sources.....a CD or proper Blu Ray disc......

Then if you still feel something lacking ,,,,adjust the placement of speakers as much as possible.....

If still nothing works then refer to the Owners Manual which has tweaks where you can adjust certain parameters....

Each room is different and hence settings will differ...

I am going to buy new AVR in 50 k range please suggest which one to buy among these, Denon 1400/1500 or Yamaha 585 or Yamaha 685.
Usage 90% movies .Requires Atmos.
Speakers not decided yet but most probably Taga 506v2,,,, but center channel changed to c90Sl + sub Polk hts12, room size 19X10.

Not bothered about gimmicky features like Bluetooth, wifi ,zone2 etc.
My question is 585 enough? Any advantage streching for 685 ? What about Denon 1500? In terms of sound quality/effects etc...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back