Yamaha WXC-50

I really did not look at the Denon DRA 800H. It was out of my budget. Same was the case with the Yamaha R-N803. Personally I feel a combo of WXC-50 and a power amp or just a R-N803 will be ideal. But first let me splurge on my under order speakers.
That was my thinking too until I called hifimart and got a great deal on the Denon DRA 800H

I recently bought a WXC- 50 and I am pretty happy with the quality (Currently only using Spotify for streaming, but I will probably start using it for DSD files in the near future too). Only two gripes with the streamer is that it doesn't have a Coaxial IN so I can't connect my CD player to the coaxial and use the WXC-50 dac and it doesnt support Tidal High res streaming.

Does it have optical in?

Hi, Do anyone here have seen an option to completely cut the sub woofer frequency on WXC 50 if we are not attaching a sub to it?

Regards,
Som

Anyone getting a good deal on wxc-50 anywhere? I see it at 29,500 on Amazon, 28,000 on Ooberpad.

I have a cubetek bluetooth receiver which supports AptX and a FiiO D03K - wanted to unify the sources and feed it to my integrated amp (which only has 2 RCA inputs). Usually feed it spotify through laptop or phone on bluetooth, or TV audio (d03k). Please advice if wxc-50 will be a good option sound-wise over my existing setup. Thanks...

Anyone getting a good deal on wxc-50 anywhere? I see it at 29,500 on Amazon, 28,000 on Ooberpad.

I have a cubetek bluetooth receiver which supports AptX and a FiiO D03K - wanted to unify the sources and feed it to my integrated amp (which only has 2 RCA inputs). Usually feed it spotify through laptop or phone on bluetooth, or TV audio (d03k). Please advice if wxc-50 will be a good option sound-wise over my existing setup. Thanks...
Hey @shekharmenon,
Sent you a PM. I recently picked up from Ooberpad. I’ve shared the details via PM

Hello,

I need user inputs on Yamaha WXC-50. The specs sounds better than Raspberry Pi.

But at the end... I rely on the member of this forum to share their honest & ocean of knowledge

Reason for choice.. I am already having an inventory of 550 + CD's and a few SACD. My current CDP is dead and before getting a new one I need a bit of buffer period coz the incoming dough aint enough to pick one from the shelf straight away. I will always be brutally honest on this ....
So by the time the money accumulates.. I need to feed my mind with music and planning to get a streamer within 35K range
hi

ive been using wxc 50 along with my technics vintage amp and stereo following are my observations

1. very easy to setup and use ,musicast app is very good
  2. supports apple music ,flac ,wav ,spotify pro, tidal, deezer,i havent used tidal and deezer
  3. supports server streaming music also which im yet to use
  4. wired net connection is very stable than wifi
  5. Preamp mode is very good and eq functions are more than enough for our use.
  6. supports world radio and its mind blowing quality.
  7. No learning curve reqd. u can directly connect to speakers or as a preamp to recievers ,has sub out also.
  8. But player mode is very transparent and the output quality id dependent on the source.
  9. usb support only upto 32gb pend drives no hdd or ssd support.
  10. Around 23k is an absolute deal go for it no regrets.

hope ive given u an overall picture.

regards
satish

hi

ive been using wxc 50 along with my technics vintage amp and stereo following are my observations

2. supports apple music ,flac ,wav ,spotify pro, tidal, deezer,i havent used tidal and deezer
  7. No learning curve reqd. u can directly connect to speakers or as a preamp to recievers ,has sub out also.
  8. But player mode is very transparent and the output quality id dependent on the source.

regards
satish
Does it support 24/96 flacs and can it play it directly from pen drive ?

hi

regards
satish
Have you noticed the sound bleed when you move the balance to right and left??What I am trying to say is when you move the balance to Right speaker fully the left is not fully cut off.
Its not much of an issue but I see this as a small glitch and nothing to be worried about or does no harm to SQ.
I don’t have an opportunity to use Wired Connection but it’s been couple of weeks now and had no issues with wirelessly connectivity and is pretty stable. Never had any disconnection of any sort.
I would still consider this as a good streamer/ Preamp and does pretty much anything we regularly use to stream music.

Adding a tube buffer will further enhance the SQ is what I have noticed but all said, I feel it’s worth the money it costs.

WXC 50 is a no nuisance product. Once setup you can just forget it. It keeps delivering the best it’s designed to.

Last edited:
I started first streaming with a wxc50 maybe in 2014. Then took down the long road streaming digital with roon cores, a seperate metrum roon end point. Added linear psu's, did external clocking too. Till I plugged the wxc50 back into the chain a few months back.

I use it via coaxial feeding my dac. And I honestly can't hear a discernable difference. I was pleasantly surprised. So much so, that I put my entire roon rig on sale.

The wxc50 works a charm everytime. Though I only use it to stream tidal and nothing else. Great value for money and true Swiss knife of audio in my opinion. Iam never going to part with mine. All the best :)

I started first streaming with a wxc50 maybe in 2014. Then took down the long road streaming digital with roon cores, a seperate metrum roon end point. Added linear psu's, did external clocking too. Till I plugged the wxc50 back into the chain a few months back.

I use it via coaxial feeding my dac. And I honestly can't hear a discernable difference. I was pleasantly surprised. So much so, that I put my entire roon rig on sale.

The wxc50 works a charm everytime. Though I only use it to stream tidal and nothing else. Great value for money and true Swiss knife of audio in my opinion. Iam never going to part with mine. All the best :)
I tried to get it off you some time ago, I remember :)

Not sure whether Tidal MQA is a priority for @mayukh80. If it is, please note that WXC-50 is not shown as an MQA renderer on the MQA website. So, while you may be play off Tidal, you might get the full benefit of MQA playback.

I tried to get it off you some time ago, I remember :)
Haha.. I remember skehar :)

Sorry to disappoint your goodselves with my last minute back off :(

My wxc50 was sitting in a cupboard for almost 5 years. Never thought I'd give it a spin again, considering the almost 3L digital streaming set up I had running, not including the dac's.

I think I paid around 24k for it somewhere in 2014. I just on a cliche put it back in the chain, and marvelled at its sound . Only big boys like Yamaha or marantz can do stuff like this at this reasonable price. If the same was done by proper hifi pedigree brand like naim etc...it would have costed atleast 5 times more

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back