Yamaha WXC-50

Does it support 24/96 flacs and can it play it directly from pen drive ?
yes sir it supports all formats 24khz to 128khz

Have you noticed the sound bleed when you move the balance to right and left??What I am trying to say is when you move the balance to Right speaker fully the left is not fully cut off.
Its not much of an issue but I see this as a small glitch and nothing to be worried about or does no harm to SQ.
I don’t have an opportunity to use Wired Connection but it’s been couple of weeks now and had no issues with wirelessly connectivity and is pretty stable. Never had any disconnection of any sort.
I would still consider this as a good streamer/ Preamp and does pretty much anything we regularly use to stream music.

Adding a tube buffer will further enhance the SQ is what I have noticed but all said, I feel it’s worth the money it costs.

WXC 50 is a no nuisance product. Once setup you can just forget it. It keeps delivering the best it’s designed to.
no sir it cuts off fully without any issue

no sir it cuts off fully without any issue
Hey!

Are you pretty sure it cuts off fully? Looks like Its by design and it should not cut off fully is what I was able find on an Australian forum.

I again did some more R&D :D and found it does not fully cut off the sound when playing some audio and pushing the balance (L/R) all the way to either left or right. I can still hear some audio about 10% or so through the opposite speaker even when its set at 0db.

For Eg: If I set the level to -12, I can still hear some sound coming in from right speaker. Its not sound bleeding issue, which means the sound thats supposed to play only on the Left speaker does not flow in to Right and does not impact imaging. I only wanted to confirm, from the users here if you have also noticed the same on your WXC / WXA 50?

May I request any of you to please try it on your WXC and post your findings.

Have my WXC-50 which I can put up for sale if someone is interested..
Thanks @abhi80 for parting with your wxc-50. Enjoying it in my system! Also enjoyed the interaction with you - thanks for spreading audio joy with newcomers to the game.

@shekharmenon. Tagging Shekhar as he was in the look out for one.
Didn't thank you before, Som, for tagging and alerting me. Got the wxc-50 from @abhi80.

Hi, I need a clarity
DAC is to connect between the amplifier and speaker or pre-stage to the amplifier
Chain as

Media player 》DAC 》 speaker (active)

A question about WXC-50's Preamp mode. Does the volume control works on RCA out only on the Preamp section or does it provides some sort of Volume Control over its Digital Outputs also, the Coaxial and Optical ones?
P.S- If anybody is looking to sell one, PM me.

A question about WXC-50's Preamp mode. Does the volume control works on RCA out only on the Preamp section or does it provides some sort of Volume Control over its Digital Outputs also, the Coaxial and Optical ones?
P.S- If anybody is looking to sell one, PM me.
The volume dial controls the LR RCA preout level only.

If you refer to the operating manual..

In "PRE AMP" mode - The volume is controlled by the unit or by MusicCast CONTROLLER.

In "PLAYER" mode - The volume is controlled by audio devices connected to the PRE OUT / OPT OUT / COAX OUT jacks. The unit outputs audio at maximum volume. Additionally, some sound processing effects (Equalizer, Enhancer, Bass Extension, Direct, Monaural Downmix and Speaker Type) are disabled.

Last edited:
I was also looking at the WXC50. I needed to integrate playback of Flac files, internet sources and from the mobile using bluetooth.
But seeing various mixed reviews of the Musicast interface I decided to go for an interim solution of a Raspbelly Ppi+Allo Dac hat. And I got myself a Denon PMA600NE amp with bluetooth and built in dac for connecting CD players.

The Allo Dac is really good in terms of sound quality, but the control interface is buggy and a bit of a hit and miss. It does read a 300GB HDD, but controlling it with an Android phone is dependant of the wifi signal and other variables that I haven't really understood. And getting the RPi to connect to a remote music directory on my windows computer does not work. Even though both are on the same wifi network.
In some reviews of the Musicast app I find elements that are similar to the code underlying the RPi+Allo control softwares. So I would think similar issues could crop up with the WXC.

I have more or less decided to get a good USB DAC, hook it up to a cheap laptop thru USB and use the Denon for amplification duties.
Please guide how to source RPI+Allo products in India I am based in Mumbai

The volume dial controls the LR RCA preout level only.

If you refer to the operating manual..

In "PRE AMP" mode - The volume is controlled by the unit or by MusicCast CONTROLLER.

In "PLAYER" mode - The volume is controlled by audio devices connected to the PRE OUT / OPT OUT / COAX OUT jacks. The unit outputs audio at maximum volume. Additionally, some sound processing effects (Equalizer, Enhancer, Bass Extension, Direct, Monaural Downmix and Speaker Type) are disabled.
Hi, I wanted to ask if the Yamaha also had bass management if a subwoofer is connected ? Any high-pass filtering on the RCA out's ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back