Yamaha YHT-294 Need Expert Feedback

Sculptor

I am planing to buy Yamaha YHT-294. Which I want to connect to my 3D Blu-Ray Player, Tata Sky HD and my Apple TV. Thanks in Advance

The price of Yamha 296 is 35K - The Home Theater Store

You can consider Denon XP1312 and Onkyo 3400 also. Both are in your budget.

Edit: I checked the spec for Yamaha 294 and found that it has no support for HD audio like DTS HDMA and dolby True HD. Yakaha 296 supports Dolby TruHD and DTS HD. It doesnot support DTS HDMA. Please check denon 1312xp also.

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-294___l/?mode=model

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-296_g/?mode=model

Last edited:
The price of Yamha 296 is 35K - The Home Theater Store

You can consider Denon XP1312 and Onkyo 3400 also. Both are in your budget.

Edit: I checked the spec for Yamaha 294 and found that it has no support for HD audio like DTS HDMA and dolby True HD. Yakaha 296 supports Dolby TruHD and DTS HD. It doesnot support DTS HDMA. Please check denon 1312xp also.

YHT-294 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

YHT-296 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

Denon comes with the speakers?

I am planing to buy Yamaha YHT-294. Which I want to connect to my 3D Blu-Ray Player, Tata Sky HD and my Apple TV. Thanks in Advance

ONKYO 3400 is by far the the best among all these if you consider it within your budget. It will cost you around 25k which comes with Dolby TruHD, DTS HD MA , 3d ready. It sounds great both for movies and music. Try audition it before you take the plunge on yamaha,

Best of Luck

DHT 1312XP how much I can negotiate. Please come back to me. I want to Buy today. And where I can buy in Hyderabad.

Anyone own Denon "DHT-1312XP"? Please let me know your feedback as I am planning to buy. The horrible part is no one wants to give a demo. They say if you want to buy order and we will get it for you.. but no demo. Also any service center for future problems?

Anyone own Denon "DHT-1312XP"? Please let me know your feedback as I am planning to buy. The horrible part is no one wants to give a demo. They say if you want to buy order and we will get it for you.. but no demo. Also any service center for future problems?

Where are you from? Cressida AV Zone (Chennai) has DHT-1312XP for demo, I was told.

I just now called ProFX people and asked for the DHT-1312XP and he said we have discontinued the product due to severe problem with the Denon speakers. Please Guide..

I just now called ProFX people and asked for the DHT-1312XP and he said we have discontinued the product due to severe problem with the Denon speakers. Please Guide..

I'm also eager to know; as I'm also planning to buy the same.

BTW, in Pune too there is this problem, that nobody has 1312xp for demo. At AV Excellence, they gave me audition of Onkyo 608 & told that D1312xp sounds the same :rolleyes:

Oh & just to add one thing, I got feedback from multiple sources that Yamaha receivers have issues & for service they've to be sent to Mumbai (if from Pune).

Hi Friend,

I have a Denon DHT-1312xp. I suggest to take it. It is an awesome home theater if you compare with Yamaha.

I have paid around 30000 Rs in Bangalore.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back