Yamaha YHT 296

johnvirge

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a HT System Yamaha YHT 296. I would like to know
if i can use my old JBL Speakers in this unit.

JBL Speaker Config.

CS-100 Center BK x 1, 10-100 Watts 8 Ohms
CS-100 Surround BK x 2, 10-50 Watts 8 Ohms

These are brand new speakers which is un-used.

Thank you
John:)

You can use the jbl speakers safely. Can't say about the SQ though. What happened to your HTIB speakers?

Hi John,

Congrats on ur purchase,
Can u let us know ur experience...
Can we go for this model in preference to Onkyo
But i need to buy in India... :sad:

Please share ur xperience with us.. especially for music...how is it doing?

Can i go for this model....

Cheers

Hi Phanil,
I started using it from yesterday, dosent know much bout it, but so far seems
an excellent system. itz easy to configure and sounds very very gud... esp de s-woofer...

will do more posts in coming dayz

Regards,
John

Thanks John...

I got a quote of Rs.30800 for this system in Hyderabad. Need to bargain more.

Iam planning to buy it...

Wats ur opinion..

i dont know the price tag in india for HT... for me AED.1200 DSF was the
best cheapest price i ever get. Normally itz costing around AED1800+ in dubai.

Quality wise... i would recommend you to buy this cause itz an awesome system.

cheers.. john

HI....

My initial impressions are not that great....

I hear a lot of trebble from the front speakers distorting the listening experience. I tried different modes available in the receiver but could not get satisfactory result.

I dont know if i need to keep them a bit far from each other. Right now i kept them on the TV stand itself which is as shown on the HTS Box. But iam not comfortable. I dont know if the speakers are not good or yamaha system itself is not good for music.

Will post the pics also soon.....

Hi john...

How did u setup ur HT.. Can u pls help me out..
Iam not satisfied with its sound quality...
I hear drrrrrrrrr..... sound from front speakers and after adjusting treble i dont feel a better quality of music. Even if i play from original CDs i cudnt get that satisfaction.

Could you please help me out in setup?

Hi..
I did the setup as told in the manual and did some research in the net. i too agree to you dat the speaker systeme is not dat great... i am planning to buy JBL 5.1 110w output speker system which is around AED.1400 in dubai.

i tried it with my friends speaker system.. and working great... i filed a complaint to yamaha regarding this and their explanation was to change the speaker system..

but still i feel.. itz gud for normal house use.... with an average volume. my speaker system (FR) gets distorted while i reach a volume of +3...

The AV Receiver perfect... datz waht i feel.

If u did find a way to keep away the speaker distortion... pls let me know...

Regards,
John.

How is your experience of YHT 296?

have you evaluated denon DHT-1312XP before buying this?

I am little confused between these two? I am not sure whether denon DHT-1312XP supports standby HDMI pass through when the system is turned off. I have been told by Yamaha guys that YHT-296 supports this feature. I have seen demo of YHT-296 but haven't seen demo of DHT-1312XP.

please advice.

Hi..
I did the setup as told in the manual and did some research in the net. i too agree to you dat the speaker systeme is not dat great... i am planning to buy JBL 5.1 110w output speker system which is around AED.1400 in dubai.

i tried it with my friends speaker system.. and working great... i filed a complaint to yamaha regarding this and their explanation was to change the speaker system..

but still i feel.. itz gud for normal house use.... with an average volume. my speaker system (FR) gets distorted while i reach a volume of +3...

The AV Receiver perfect... datz waht i feel.

If u did find a way to keep away the speaker distortion... pls let me know...

Regards,
John.

Hi John,

I too prefer that the speakers system (atleast front two) needs to be changed...
Its so Crappy...
Can you pls suggest good front two speakers compatible with this receiver so that i replace them.
I will retain centre and rear speakers temporarily.
But i want to change the front two immediately... Pls suggest some good speakers with in 10k to 20k...

Thanks in advance...

Hi Phanil...
Dont go for only two speakers... just change your whole speaker system. if you want to enjoy this system fully.

I am planning to buy:
1.) JBL 5.1 Speaker System 100w AED.1400/-
2.) Harman kardon 5.1 Speaker Systme 110w AED.1650/-

I tried the amplifier with my friends 5.1 Jbl system and it was awesome.
just confused to go for JBL or HK... but will be deciding in a few days..
have to make some more study on HK Speaker system.

(You can sell your entire speaker system came with the HTS.. datz wt i am goin to do)

Pls let me know if you know better options, than increasing the cost on new speaker system. (I would have not opted for this system if i knew about this speaker problem, instead gone for a Harmon Kardon system which is only AED.2600/-)

Regards,
John.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back