Yamaha YHT 299 or Boston Xs5.1+ Marantz 1402

Kapiluppal

Hi All,

I am looking at a sub 50k Home Theatre. I have seen yht 299 and Boston Acoustics Xs5.1 + Marantx 1402 AVr Reciever. Both sounded good to me although I could do only a limited demo. My usage will be more to listen music than movies but wanted a good decent system which can last for few years.
Can some advise me on this as there is roughly a 15k difference in costing between the two.

best Regards,
kapil Uppal

Hi All,

I am looking at a sub 50k Home Theatre. I have seen yht 299 and Boston Acoustics Xs5.1 + Marantx 1402 AVr Reciever. Both sounded good to me although I could do only a limited demo. My usage will be more to listen music than movies but wanted a good decent system which can last for few years.
Can some advise me on this as there is roughly a 15k difference in costing between the two.

best Regards,
kapil Uppal

Where did you audition them..? I am also from mumbai..and how much it cost you..?

Marantz 1402 has been discontinued. the available option Marantz 1504 + Boston XS 5.1 which is of course better than Yamaha 299 was available at Alfa with warranty for 47k.

Hi All,

I am using Marantz NR 1402 + Bostons Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 for the past 1 year and the experience is awesome....music is so good you will never miss your stereo integrated amplifier...the music is warm, punchy and deep....that's the hallmark of Marantz....

Movies are excellent and the speakers do an excellent job for effects...plays all frequencies so well...crashes booms, explosions.....click on my user name and check all my post on the same...

Hope this helps

the available option Marantz 1504 + Boston XS 5.1 which is of course better than Yamaha 299 was available at Alfa with warranty for 47k.
SShln1

Went through a similar dilemma for my bro...he ended with Yamaha 373 and Boston 2.1 well bellow 40 K. He is elated! and saved some dough for future upgrade

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back