Yet another help request for 40" TV!

Jambumali

I have an option of getting a TV from Singapore.

My needs:
1. Play SD content - DishTV (80%)
2. Play HDRips (open to buying a media player - so format support can be compromised)

Devices to be connected:
1. Set top box
2. DVD Player
3. Media Player?
4. USB pen drive/HDD

Will DLNA make a big difference?

Identified the following models: (from Mustafa Onlie)

1. Samsung EH6000 : Series 6, but connectivity seems severely limited.
2. Sony EX520
3. Sony EX650
4. Samsung EH5306 : Series 5

Will buy spending least amount of money!

Pl. Help !

I have an option of getting a TV from Singapore.

My needs:
1. Play SD content - DishTV (80%)
2. Play HDRips (open to buying a media player - so format support can be compromised)

Devices to be connected:
1. Set top box
2. DVD Player
3. Media Player?
4. USB pen drive/HDD

Will DLNA make a big difference?

Identified the following models: (from Mustafa Onlie)

1. Samsung EH6000 : Series 6, but connectivity seems severely limited.
2. Sony EX520
3. Sony EX650
4. Samsung EH5306 : Series 5

Will buy spending least amount of money!

Pl. Help !

If you are getting it from Singapore, does it have the warranty service in India ? Please make sure that the warranty is covered in India as well. The reason is - the failure rates of flat TVs are higher when compared to the old CRT.

Sony EX520 is 2011 model and EX650 is 2012 (I guess). To me, both are same except for the refresh rate. Ex520 operates at 60hz nd EX650 at 100Hz. So you might see EX650 doing the motion handling better. Again, you compare both EX520 and EX650 in the showrooms and see what you like. I guess EX520 will be at least 10k cheaper than EX650. 60 to 100Hz will only give you a subtle difference in watching fast moving objects. Any way, it would be better if you watch it through your eyes.

@rangan:
I will try. But I live in a small place. Getting to watch EX650 would not be possible. Apparently the EX650 has the X-Reality processor that is supposed to give judder free viewing. This was covered by a few threads in this forum.

Warranty: Asian warranty apparently.

Cost of EX650 in India: is ~20k more than Singapore price.

@rangan:
I will try. But I live in a small place. Getting to watch EX650 would not be possible. Apparently the EX650 has the X-Reality processor that is supposed to give judder free viewing. This was covered by a few threads in this forum.

Warranty: Asian warranty apparently.

Cost of EX650 in India: is ~20k more than Singapore price.

If warranty is covered, that is great and if you get at 20k more cheaper, then that is a double treat.

Just one thing I would request you to check before you get it from Singapore. That is - can the singapore model work in India ? For example, there are NSTC and PAL standards followed by different countries. I am not an expert in this, but better if you can confirm some one.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back