1 TB or 1.5 TB 3.5 inch HDD - Group Buy

Might make sense to specify whether the requirement is for external/internal drives. I need an internal for my NAS. Samsung 1.5 TB prices in the US are now under $70, but 2TB prices arent falling much as yet.

2TB's(64mb/5200rpm) are selling for $99 and above, these were selling for $120 + before a month back... Hope the price matching will be in india too..

Hey guys please keep me posted too. I've been on the lookout for a 1 TB drive for a while now.

BTW, I have a friend who knows a few distributors in Bangalore and can help find out more about the prices they can offer for a group buy. But then, the interests seem to be varied (1TB, 1.5TB ...) and the brands too ...

Do we stick with Seagate/WD/Maxtor/Transcend or are they other alternatives.

IMPO, Seagate has the best ASS (after sales service) and a simple RMA process.

Cheers

I currently have approx 400GB availiable on my WD 1 TB (External) and am not downloading much these days hence will wait for prices of 2 TB internal to drop.

You guys can also check prices on primeabgb.com as this is one of the reputed dealer in Mumbai (Lamington Road- mecca of computer hardware & software). I had picked up WD 1 Tb external for approx 4.1 k two months back.

Last edited:
Have asked a few guys too, for the price of a 1 TB Seagate (since saw quite a few good reviews for the same)

@pannags , buddy can you check and let us know too...1 TB or 1.5TB HDD WD and Seagate prices

Have asked a few guys too, for the price of a 1 TB Seagate (since saw quite a few good reviews for the same)

@pannags , buddy can you check and let us know too...1 TB or 1.5TB HDD WD and Seagate prices

Sure will do. Should have some leads by tomorrow.

Guys,

will post the rates of internal(1/1.5/2 tb) & external (1/2tb) by late evening, as will get the same from the distributor.

Regards

I just got a quote from one vendor

1 TB SATA HARD DISK DRIVE
5 YRS

Pieces 07

WESTERN
DIGITAL

3,400/piece

Total 23,800.00

Doesnt look like too good a deal :(

@vivek

that is a very good deal actually.

Its a 5 year warranty one. That has to be part of the old stock. Nowadays all HDD have only 3 years. i suggest you guys take that lot ASAP.

if you are buying WD, then please ask about the cache that is avaliable on the harddisk. The only ones had 16MB where as the new ones are haing 64MB.

You should be getting seagate for much lower price.

I currently have a 650 GB WD Caviar Blue and I have added a 1TB Seagate Barracuda which I purchased last month for 3200 inclusive of taxes and with Warranty.
I am currently looking for a 2 TB HDD for my POHD.
The last quote I got was of around 5200 Rs for a 2 TB Seagate.

Adit, where did you pick it from ? Perhaps you can talk to the same vendor for a group deal. There are lots of us looking for 1, 1.5 or 2 TB

1 TB seagate 7200.12 available here at Kerala for 3k all inclusive....so it should be equal to that or lesser out there.

1 TB seagate 7200.12 available here at Kerala for 3k all inclusive....so it should be equal to that or lesser out there.

May be we can bargain to this extent if quote is higher. But bangalore prices are, most of the time on the higher side when compared to other cities/states! :sad:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back