220v to 110v step down transformer, bangalore/chennai

Check out Argo Transformers in Mumbai. I was using one way back in 2003. Used it till 2007 until we shifted out of that house :) I dont remember the VA rating, but must have been pretty low because I was using it for a Yamaha 5.1 active speaker system.

Didnt face any issues at all while I used it.

Welcome To ARGO

Last week I bought a 500 Watts step-down (230 V to 110 V) autotransformer from Universal Transformers. SP Road Bangalore for Rs. 1750. I am using it for my 46" LCD TV (115 W), blu-ray player (10 W) and DVD player (25 W). It's working fine, there is no overheating of the transformer.

cheers,

Reji

@Regi,
Can you let me know the shop name you have bought the step down transformer at SP road.I am also planning to buy one for my Yamaha RX-V473 receiver.any suggestion?

PM Kurups he should be able to help you getting one. I got 1.5 KVA isolation transformer for 5K approx or PM me too i can give you the contact details :)

Can you help with find dealers in Bangalore?
I couldnt find anyone stocking Maxine in SP road. couple of them had a brand called Raksha for Rs 1300.
Crystal (this looked heavy with 1 year warrenty) for 1700.

Any leads to Maxine would be appreciated.

Can you help with find dealers in Bangalore?
I couldnt find anyone stocking Maxine in SP road. couple of them had a brand called Raksha for Rs 1300.
Crystal (this looked heavy with 1 year warrenty) for 1700.

Any leads to Maxine would be appreciated.

Shreyans Enterprises, Bangalore. Ph No : 080 -41491251

Got it from Maxine website SHAH ELECTRONICS

Any idea if Maxcon is a good quality brand?
It is a 50W transformer based, plug type converter.

Any idea if Maxcon is a good quality brand?
It is a 50W transformer based, plug type converter.

I've been wary of those lightweight plug type voltage converters(sourced here in India, don't remember the brand) after one of them went up in smoke even though the equipment was rated well below the wattage of the converter.

I haven't had problems with a plug type voltage adapter sourced from the US which weighs quite a bit as also the heavier stepdown transformers sourced in India.

Shreyans Enterprises, Bangalore. Ph No : 080 -41491251

Got it from Maxine website SHAH ELECTRONICS

You can directly talk to Shah Electronics at chennai and get their dealers' name at your pace. Contact no (44) 28415874, ask for one Mr. "CK". Their email address is [email protected] . Good thing is they respond immediately. After enquiry and order, within 2 days I got my 500W isolation type for 4250/- + vat 5% at achennai

I think Maxine products are available on ebay.in
From 20W to 2000W

maxine | eBay

yes but those are not Isolation type transformer. Even all Electronics shops have these type of step down transformer but not Isolation type. It is always advisabe to have a isolation type without minding those xtra 3K.

Can you tell me which one you guys are looking at

Is this the link SHAH ELECTRONICS - 220V / 110 V Step Down Transformers & 220V / 110V with Built in Stabilizer

Which of these are isolation types:

MAXINE 220V/110V Step Down Auto-Wound Transformers

or

STANDARD 220V/100V Automatic Voltage Stabilizer
Range Input 170V - 270 V Output 110 V + 8% With High voltage cut-off above 120 V

I am looking for something to power my DAC which is 13W max.
I already have the plug type. Its quite heavy and it works just fine.
But still wish to clear the "mind-block".

Any pointers?

Dealers in Navi Mumbai?
Thanks in advance.

You can directly talk to Shah Electronics at chennai and get their dealers' name at your pace. Contact no (44) 28415874, ask for one Mr. "CK". Their email address is [email protected] . Good thing is they respond immediately. After enquiry and order, within 2 days I got my 500W isolation type for 4250/- + vat 5% at achennai

They do respond immediately.
I got a call back from them. 500W transformer for Rs 2450 is what he offered.
He also offered it to be dropped somewhere indiranagar so that I dont have to travel far.

They do respond immediately.
I got a call back from them. 500W transformer for Rs 2450 is what he offered.
He also offered it to be dropped somewhere indiranagar so that I dont have to travel far.

Only 2450?? Pls get it confirmed once again whether it is isolation type. I got mine for 4630 incl. vat in chennai in mar.'13.

I do not think its an isolation type. I asked if it has any surge protection, to which he replied in negative.
I checked about connecting a UPS, he said it would hum.

I do not think its an isolation type. I asked if it has any surge protection, to which he replied in negative.
I checked about connecting a UPS, he said it would hum.

Bought the step down transformer yesterday. they ran out of stock on 500W ones. Bought a 750 W one. Rs.1920. 2200 including tax.

Hi All,
I bought a 1 KW for my Yamaha RX673 (400 Watts). Its available with any electrical shop and got it for 1700/- after bargaining. Not sure whether its Isolation or Surge protector. I had earlier (3 years before) purchased a lower capacity (250W) for my Wii of the same company and it has not given any problem till now and hence the decision to go again with Raksha make.

Hi All,
I bought a 1 KW for my Yamaha RX673 (400 Watts). Its available with any electrical shop and got it for 1700/- after bargaining. Not sure whether its Isolation or Surge protector. I had earlier (3 years before) purchased a lower capacity (250W) for my Wii of the same company and it has not given any problem till now and hence the decision to go again with Raksha make.

Hello,

Unless explicitly mentioned, most transformer based voltage converters use an auto transformer (only one winding with tapping for the secondary). Isolation transformers are at least 100% more expensive, but way safer as at most the output will cut off.

MX (MDR) Electronics has a good range of step-down transformers including toroidal ones.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back