3D: Full HD Media Player+Streamer

thanks a lot sushant for this feedback ! after coming to know today that 900D's release has been pushed far again, i was feeling
myself again at crossroads. confused between prodigy, 900B and asus o'play air HDP-R3. prodigy is a bit costlier than 900B. need to decide quick.

thanks for this info ! now SERIOUSLY considering the O'play air as well.

BTW, sushant bought the 900B for ~9.5k.

Dear seeker. Dont know in which city you are. But you can try to get a feel of HD900B in Bangalore. The dealer (some one had quoted abt him in the himedia thread here) can help you there. Also, dont try to make your mind just based upon one or two forum threads. Just search more on net. talk to people & always do a demo before you buy. I do practically same for everything I buy. Not a software techie :D so, money comes the hardway & the same hardway I spend it!! Someday, my wife is going to kill me! :d

Dear Prankey, I am Talking about 3D movie here. I dont like to see converted 3D movies. Whether converted by the player or done by the SBS/ T-B/ anaglyph. I had played 3d BD rip of Avataar (given by Panasonic) 47 GB on my HD900B. TV was Panasonic 50VT20D. It was awesome. simply awesome. there was not a single problem. Except some times english subtitles would dance. I dont know from where did u get the impression of its having just conversion! I ll advice you to check it if you happen to! You will be amazed.
Even the Panasonic guy whom I had called to check the 3D eyewear (it didnt work after 12 feet away from the TV), couldnt believe first that I was palying a 3DBDRIP thru a HDD Media player. On the 12 ft distance limitation he said that the TV & 3D eyewear can not support more distance. I hadnot checked that before as we usually use the front sofa.

And, its HDMI 1.4 3D BD RIP! :yahoo:

Sushant where did u get Himedia 900B for 9.K? I have been told that price is now 11.5 K in Bangalore :(

Hi Ramesh, bought it in Harbin, a north china city from the Himedia retailer. He had only Kaiboer & Himedia. Whereas Kaiboer (1186 based 3D player of thiers) was also as good as this one with Rs.1600/- lesser, the look of its was not so appealing. Frankly, the sole reason of buying this is to watch those downloaded 3D BDrips & 1080P movies. Although it does all other works too quite well as advertised. All of my movies, which I had downloaded are more than 10-12 GB at least & I have 4 of them 47GB BDISOs. Not a single stuttering & 3D as I said is impressive. Hope that helps you. And, yes, I am not a salesman of Himedia, but one of thier fans!:licklips:
this is on of chinese sites on HD players. Kind of forum what we have here: ????3D?????????? -- HD900B?????? - ?2? - ???????? - ????????. Use google translate to understand. I use the same!

Hi Sushant. Does Himedia has 2D to 3D conversion. If yes, does it converts 2D tv programs to 3D format instantly. Please let me know as based on ur inputs will think of buying this.

Hi Sushant. Does Himedia has 2D to 3D conversion. If yes, does it converts 2D tv programs to 3D format instantly. Please let me know as based on ur inputs will think of buying this.

Yes they do!! :D Just like whatever other TVs & BD Players advertise! I tried with two movies, & they converted it!! However, like in each case of 2D to 3D conversion by players/ TVs, here also you will feel that you are just watching a 2D movie with a negligible 3D effect with offcourse a splitting headache occuring in 10-20 mins (that will be individual specific however). Why do you think they spent an whooping amt of money on Avatar in filming it in 3D, or Disney spent a fortune recently to convert its classic Lions in 3D? So dear, dont expect anything amazing on 2D-3D thing from these players/ TVs!

I didnt try live. I dont even know if it is there. Sole purpose is watching genuine 3D movies (BD ISOs/ BDRips) & 1080ps. Sometimes my wife loves to watch cooking shows - HD streaming videos from you tube, & that it does without buffering! Maybe some time it may take time to load up them, but then again we have not used that feature more.

hi guys, can anyone pls confirm that hd900b does play back Dolby Ture HD and DTS HD MA along with normal dolby and dts 5.1 output with HDMI 1.4

The shoutcast radio seems good. Is there a way to add new channels ? :licklips:

SORRY KITTU! We just use it to watch movies! Wife watch youtube also sometimes, and she is pretty pleased having seen no buffering issues while playing old songs/ cookery vedios on you tube! So, no other apps, not even android. I had downloaded only one IMAX 3D - some dinos, as it was SBS. And, I got feedback from her that it is awesome!! fishes/ dinos they really seems to be jumping on you!! Well, I am gonna downloading all SBS contents also now!! I am just not getting torrent working here :(..some firewall maybe in my place (not in my control) So, advice you guys, apart from 3D BD ISOs, check for SBS contents too.

I did try out some sbs videos boy they are good ,except the 1kg eyewear that panasonic gave me was driving me nuts after a while:mad:. Over all its pretty good. Youtube buffering is not bad. I just dont want to try out any new things now till I complete all my movie collection. I am using classic rock shoutcast station bitrate 128kbps "eric clapton, paul mctny" all big names and decent collection too...:yahoo: Works perfectly fine for a hic hic :beer:evening.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back