3D: Full HD Media Player+Streamer

Hi one questions pls

can HD900B player play Stereoscopic mkv 3d files , I somehow tried playing a mp4 3d files which plays perfect on my sony bravia 3d tv but this player plays it normally my tv does not detect its 3d signal...any setting I am missing pls ?

My POHD plays a SBS 3D like charm but when it comes to 50GB 3D ISO it cannot, maybe 1.4 is the reason i guess.......not checked the ISO for any damage though as my PC is an antique P4...... cant mount, the onboard graphics wont support it

My POHD plays a SBS 3D like charm but when it comes to 50GB 3D ISO it cannot, maybe 1.4 is the reason i guess.......not checked the ISO for any damage though as my PC is an antique P4...... cant mount, the onboard graphics wont support it

technically a SBS 3D is not 3D, any player can play it and you will see 2 identical images on ur screen, then ur 3D tv does the job of overlaying the 2 images and show u in 3D, the player just sends normal signal and not 3D.

for an actual 3D bluray iso you definately need a hi speed HDMI 1.4 with supporting player to play them.

so yeah HD900B is preety advanced in these features :)

And to the 3D loving people i present ~~~
Asus Oplay MINI ::3k or less
Does 3d , most formats
no streaming etc ..VFM :yahoo:

friend, it definately will be SBS 3d which is not 3D , any player can play even your computer.

this player does not support HDMI 1.4 so technically actual 3D signal is not possible.

someone pls help ! even at full volume of the player (900B), am hearing low sound output. have to jack up the 5.1 system's volume to almost full to be able to hear the dialogues (the other sound-effects are loud enough). this wasnt a problem with my PS3. could somebody pls post his 'audio' settings in the 900B ?!

EDIT : Oh ! wrong thread i suppose. posting this in the relevant section too :eek:

Last edited:
hello everyone,
i see some great reviews and comments about the HiMedia HD900B and i am willing to go for it :). before that i need to clear some doubts...guys (especially sushantjapan and baiju) please guide:

1) whether HD900B from detna.com is coming with the wifi ANTENNA included or whether i need to purchase it separately?
2) whether it is able to flawlessly bitstream DTSHD-MA and Dolby truehd to AVR (ie. the respective lights on avr should light-up)
3) whether it gets frequent firmware updates to take care of still lot many bugs present in this new player?
4) last but not the least, ppl on different forums have pointed at issues relating to proper playback of subtitles! sometimes it would NOT play ANY of the subtitle tracks available for a movie. also some problem with forced subs too. guys this would be a deal-breaker for me!
(for details pls goto: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1367468

AND

http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=204

I had made up my mind for prodigy (1186 chipset) but read some bad reviews about it so i am not very confident about going for that one. also it is a bit more costly than the HD900B (which is almost offering same features as that of prodigy).

so guys please help me out and let me know if am missing on something...any cons of HD900B (which are deal beaker)?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hello everyone,
i see some great reviews and comments about the HiMedia HD900B and i am willing to go for it :). before that i need to clear some doubts...guys (especially sushantjapan and baiju) please guide:

1) whether HD900B from detna.com is coming with the wifi ANTENNA included or whether i need to purchase it separately?
2) whether it is able to flawlessly bitstream DTSHD-MA and Dolby truehd to AVR (ie. the respective lights on avr should light-up)
3) whether it gets frequent firmware updates to take care of still lot many bugs present in this new player?
4) last but not the least, ppl on different forums have pointed at issues relating to proper playback of subtitles! sometimes it would NOT play ANY of the subtitle tracks available for a movie. also some problem with forced subs too. guys this would be a deal-breaker for me!
(for details pls goto: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1367468

AND

http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=204

I had made up my mind for prodigy (1186 chipset) but read some bad reviews about it so i am not very confident about going for that one. also it is a bit more costly than the HD900B (which is almost offering same features as that of prodigy).

so guys please help me out and let me know if am missing on something...any cons of HD900B (which are deal beaker)?

Thanks in advance

okay here my take

1) yes
2) absolutely yes, I played lots of them :)
3) yes
4) did not experienced so far

thanks saj, promising comments :)
pls if someone could throw more light on the use of subtitles....

i am also interested in knowing about prodigy....is it better, equal or worse than 900b?

ps: i inquired at detna.com... unfortunately it is currently out of stock as of now :(

raghu from detna is very helpful and responsive, he would definately clarify all ur other doubts on 900B, tell him you got referenced from hifivision :)

if you are not looking for a 3D playback then I guess either will do but prodigy owner can share their exp to help u

best of luck...

Hello shobhit !

its been near-about 2 weeks since i received my 900B. since that time, i must've played some 12-13 movies, most of them with subtitles. all played without any hiccups EXCEPT one. the movie was 'unforgiven' (1992), and had plenty of subtitles for various languages. but the player wouldnt display the english subtitles in correct script. i checked on my PC then, well there was some problem with the english subtitles indeed. i then downloaded a new subtitle file, and it played perfectly on VLC media player, but again, the 900B didnt display the script properly. it showed some garbled-up letters...some oriental language mixed with some spanish, english letters, etc. i didnt check the subtitle file in 'subtitle workshop' (a great software), since VLC didnt show anything wrong with the subtitle. i tried playing with 900B's settings aplenty, but to no avail. am hopeful there must be a solution for this lying around some corner waiting just to be found, but i havent yet exerted any effort to that extent.

but IMHO, this shouldnt bother you at all ! one such movie/file amongst so many playing wonderfully, i think one can give atleast that much to a splendid player like this.

also, regarding prodigy, there is plenty of negative feedback doing rounds on various forums (slack firmware release-scene & support, rude forum mods, player not having features as earlier promised, some hardware/software issues, etc). even i was waiting for this player eagerly, but thanks to 'kittu', and after following some forums, i came to know it might not be sane to purchase it, atleast right now, when even at xtreamer forums, praises abound of the 900B.

we have a member here named 'sukhjit bhullar' who purchased prodigy a few weeks back. he had placed a pre-order sometime in july if i remember, and that was just like a gamble he played (which he told me), without going deep in players-comparison. he seemed satisfied with the player, but also told he hadnt got quite enough time yet to spend with prodigy. just PM him and wait for his reply if you want.

all the best !

P.S. - BTW, Raghu's service + the player 900B = happy me (and hopefully, tomorrow a 'happy you' :) )

Last edited:
Hello shobhit !

its been near-about 2 weeks since i received my 900B. since that time, i must've played some 12-13 movies, most of them with subtitles. all played without any hiccups EXCEPT one. the movie was 'unforgiven' (1992), and had plenty of subtitles for various languages. but the player wouldnt display the english subtitles in correct script. i checked on my PC then, well there was some problem with the english subtitles indeed. i then downloaded a new subtitle file, and it played perfectly on VLC media player, but again, the 900B didnt display the script properly. it showed some garbled-up letters...some oriental language mixed with some spanish, english letters, etc. i didnt check the subtitle file in 'subtitle workshop' (a great software), since VLC didnt show anything wrong with the subtitle. i tried playing with 900B's settings aplenty, but to no avail. am hopeful there must be a solution for this lying around some corner waiting just to be found, but i havent yet exerted any effort to that extent.

but IMHO, this shouldnt bother you at all ! one such movie/file amongst so many playing wonderfully, i think one can give atleast that much to a splendid player like this.

also, regarding prodigy, there is plenty of negative feedback doing rounds on various forums (slack firmware release-scene & support, rude forum mods, player not having features as earlier promised, some hardware/software issues, etc). even i was waiting for this player eagerly, but thanks to 'kittu', and after following some forums, i came to know it might not be sane to purchase it, atleast right now, when even at xtreamer forums, praises abound of the 900B.

we have a member here named 'sukhjit bhullar' who purchased prodigy a few weeks back. he had placed a pre-order sometime in july if i remember, and that was just like a gamble he played (which he told me), without going deep in players-comparison. he seemed satisfied with the player, but also told he hadnt got quite enough time yet to spend with prodigy. just PM him and wait for his reply if you want.

all the best !

P.S. - BTW, Raghu's service + the player 900B = happy me (and hopefully, tomorrow a 'happy you' :) )

Raghu's service + the player 900B = happy me (and hopefully, tomorrow a 'happy you' :)

absolutely well said :)

@theseeker thanks a lot buddy! clears many of my doubts....one more thing i was concerned is that, usually mkvs come with subtitle tracks fused into it BUT many a times it so happens that a separate subtitle file (eg. srt) has to be downloaded so as to watch the movie with subtitles....will this player be able to handle 'mkv + separate file srt' combinations?

lastly detna is giving it with 1 year warranty...my ques. is who will honour it...detna or himedia in china?

mention not !

that works. if you face any troubles, say for eg, if the srt file is named something else (different name from that of video file), then changing the name to the video file in subject, followed by '.srt' should do the trick. if you want to know more on this then tell me.

all after-sales issues would be handled by detna only.

Last edited:
ya, i know that the sub and the movie file should be similarly named...if that works then hurray! :)

it is relieveing to know that after-sales is being delt by detna. nice.

ya, i know that the sub and the movie file should be similarly named...if that works then hurray! :)

it is relieveing to know that after-sales is being delt by detna. nice.

to actually confirm on detna after sale you can mail to raghu he is very supportive

I just bought my WD Media player and looking at the 3D now makes me think that i should have probably waited. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy 3D.

I just bought my WD Media player and looking at the 3D now makes me think that i should have probably waited. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy 3D.

if am not mistaken, almost all media players, including yours, can play SBS 3D. however, if you want more, there's always the option of selling this one off and getting the one of your choice ;)

technically a SBS 3D is not 3D, any player can play it and you will see 2 identical images on ur screen, then ur 3D tv does the job of overlaying the 2 images and show u in 3D, the player just sends normal signal and not 3D.

for an actual 3D bluray iso you definately need a hi speed HDMI 1.4 with supporting player to play them.

so yeah HD900B is preety advanced in these features :)

As per HIMEDIA HD900D 3D Full HD Media Player
HD900B doesnt support "BD DISC without AACS", doest it meant it cant play Blu ray iso's or something else?
Kindly shed some light .

Thanks
Gaurav

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back