3D: Full HD Media Player+Streamer

Good question. I wish if they have 5.1 over coaxial atleast:cool::mad::D

aah so first of all their HD setup box dont have optical ?? and there is no way to get 5.1 DD sound through their HD box ??? how sick is that ... why would anyone buy a HD and wont have 5.1 DD

frankly pictures are 50% of HD without sound effects

guys, Himedia 900 isnt playing 5.1 ac3 audio files as said by Saj2001ind? Even i m not getting audio for 5.1 ac3 but do get video. Also, I have connected himedia to Onkyo 608 amp. I tried playing Cliffhanger (40+ GB file - DTS HD MA) but my onkyo lits up with just DTS and not DTS MA? Perhaps Kittu can suggest here..i think Kittu also owns 608.

Am i missing any settings? i have selected all audio file options as RAW in himedia. I am currently using firmware- 1.0.1.12

Reliance HD STB has no optical output . For 5.1 there is coaxial out, but at present 5.1 audio is not available.

guys, Himedia 900 isnt playing 5.1 ac3 audio files as said by Saj2001ind? Even i m not getting audio for 5.1 ac3 but do get video. Also, I have connected himedia to Onkyo 608 amp. I tried playing Cliffhanger (40+ GB file - DTS HD MA) but my onkyo lits up with just DTS and not DTS MA? Perhaps Kittu can suggest here..i think Kittu also owns 608.

Am i missing any settings? i have selected all audio file options as RAW in himedia. I am currently using firmware- 1.0.1.12

1) if you are trying to play .ac3 audio files then just rename it to .mp3 and it will play fine with 5.1 surround (I had tested)
2) in audio setting you have to set RAW to all and for audio 7.1 in HD audio then only you will get DTS HD MA else code DTS only (again tried and tested)

i have read a lot on forums of this device being buggy. but does it play most of the video formats listed in specs. does it stream youtube videos well? can other news and sports channels be streamed through it as a pc normally does? can torrents b downloaded as promised?are there limitations over playing specific video formats via usb devices? i dont have a 3dtv. so is it worth buying 900b over 600b? i will mainly use it for watching avi, xvid, mp4, mkv, m2ts and bd iso, streaming youtube, connecting it to pc thru lan. and *if the nitty gritty are put aside, does it do all basic functions?

kindly reply senior members. i am hoping to buy this piece. also contemplating to buy a bd player. which is better out of the two- media player or bd player? *

We all know the websites. Kindly pin point the particular bugs that are reported so the owners can confirm to you whether it is fixed or not and what is the alternative. I have been playing youtube videos regularly and never had any problems.

We all know the websites. Kindly pin point the particular bugs that are reported so the owners can confirm to you whether it is fixed or not and what is the alternative. I have been playing youtube videos regularly and never had any problems.

thanks kittu for quick reply. these were just my doubts. i m confused between 600b, 900b or just a bd-player. i own a non-3d panasonic plasma. what do u suggest.

thanks kittu for quick reply. these were just my doubts. i m confused between 600b, 900b or just a bd-player. i own a non-3d panasonic plasma. what do u suggest.

Do you have a complete HT setup? if not go for an entry level media player like asus oplay mini plus or something. Bd-player will have limited file format compatibility, unless you get samsung c6900. No point going for 3d based media player for a 2d tv.

Do you have a complete HT setup? if not go for an entry level media player like asus oplay mini plus or something. Bd-player will have limited file format compatibility, unless you get samsung c6900. No point going for 3d based media player for a 2d tv.

does it support bittorrent, e-sata and play youtube.any bd player with these 3 features+ all sd and hd video format support is a deal sealer for me. 3d not necessary

does it support bittorrent, e-sata and play youtube.any bd player with these 3 features+ all sd and hd video format support is a deal sealer for me. 3d not necessary

it does with a custome firmware, but do you really need torrent on a media player ?? what are laptops desktops for :)

gaurav_s said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj2001ind View Post
technically a SBS 3D is not 3D, any player can play it and you will see 2 identical images on ur screen, then ur 3D tv does the job of overlaying the 2 images and show u in 3D, the player just sends normal signal and not 3D.

for an actual 3D bluray iso you definately need a hi speed HDMI 1.4 with supporting player to play them.

so yeah HD900B is preety advanced in these features
As per HIMEDIA HD900D 3D Full HD Media Player
HD900B doesnt support "BD DISC without AACS", doest it meant it cant play Blu ray iso's or something else?
Kindly shed some light .

Thanks
Gaurav

^^. It is about HD900D, not 900B. 900D comes with a blu-ray drive. AACS is a copy protection system.

Hi,
The link posted in my original link i was trying to point to the comparison table that is near the bottom of the page.
HIMEDIA HD900D 3D Full HD Media Player

And that had given rise to the question, whether 900b supports a BD ISO?
From what i've read on the forum here, i understand that it does, correct?

Things which are making it difficult for me to decide are following points.
1. HD600b Vs HD900(b,d)
a. 600b is cheaper but has slightly older processor and less RAM. Does that hamper its functionality in what its meant to do? i.e. play files like FLACC, ISOs or Blu Ray files (BD)?
b. Does 600b support ISO for BD ?
c. Is 600b being actively supported, new firmwares and bug fixes etc. by HiMedia?

2. HD900b Vs HD900d
a. Price being same, 900d comes with a BD drive, it sounds like a good deal?
b. 900b has USB 3, i am not sure what difference would it make as i dont know the diff. between usb2 and usb3 yet.

I dont need to play 3D content as i dont have 3D TV yet, i do have LED.

Please excuse my questions, but i am trying to get enough info. to be able to decide on the media player.

TIA
Gaurav

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back