3D: Full HD Media Player+Streamer

Re: 3D: Full HD Media Player Streamer

Hi,
The link posted in my original link i was trying to point to the comparison table that is near the bottom of the page.
HIMEDIA HD900D 3D Full HD Media Player

And that had given rise to the question, whether 900b supports a BD ISO?
From what i've read on the forum here, i understand that it does, correct?

Things which are making it difficult for me to decide are following points.
1. HD600b Vs HD900(b,d)
a. 600b is cheaper but has slightly older processor and less RAM. Does that hamper its functionality in what its meant to do? i.e. play files like FLACC, ISOs or Blu Ray files (BD)?
b. Does 600b support ISO for BD ?
c. Is 600b being actively supported, new firmwares and bug fixes etc. by HiMedia?

2. HD900b Vs HD900d
a. Price being same, 900d comes with a BD drive, it sounds like a good deal?
b. 900b has USB 3, i am not sure what difference would it make as i dont know the diff. between usb2 and usb3 yet.

I dont need to play 3D content as i dont have 3D TV yet, i do have LED.

Please excuse my questions, but i am trying to get enough info. to be able to decide on the media player.

TIA
Gaurav

also, i think 900d lacks e-sata support compared to 900b which i think is wierd. why no support for e-sata drives?Does that mean no external hdd support?Bt it has usb 2.0 host. Someone please explain :confused::confused:

Last edited:

also, i think 900d lacks e-sata support compared to 900b which i think is wierd. why no support for e-sata drives?Does that mean no external hdd support?Bt it has usb 2.0 host. Someone please explain :confused::confused:

@kittu,
kindly answer above query and this one below
i presume u own a 900b. where did u buy it from?how much it cost u inclusive of all taxes(break up of cost wud b appreciated)?
detna says 11500/-. is it inclusive of all taxes and import duty?

Last edited:

@kittu,
i presume u own a 900b. where did u buy it from?how much it cost u inclusive of all taxes(break up of cost wud b appreciated)?

Detna prices are inclusive of taxes and import duty. Shipping may be additional.

And warranty is provided by Dealer and not Manufacturer.

@kittu,

clarify the shipping , costing etc with Raghu from detna directly, send him a mail or call him he is very responsive, since there can be difference in these cost based on ur location.

@saj and others
I may sound silly as i m a noob. Bt please answer my previous query on ext hdd to 900d via usb. even tho it lacks esata can ext hdd b detected by 900d? Also 900d has bd-drive that cannot play aacs protected BDs. Is there a way around to somehow play these protected BDs, maybe a software installation of AnyDVD HD software on 900d's linux os?If no, then can an ext usb bd-drive b read by 900b?
The problem is, my elder bro is leaning towards buying a bd-player, while i want a media player. Is there a way to meet both our demands with one bd/media player? Though we think alike when it comes to network options of a player that it must hav html5 and youtube, flash player wud b a bonus. So, as of today i think only 900d comes close to that requirement and within a budget of 12-15k. Or hav i missed any magical player in the market?

@saj and others
I may sound silly as i m a noob. Bt please answer my previous query on ext hdd to 900d via usb. even tho it lacks esata can ext hdd b detected by 900d? Also 900d has bd-drive that cannot play aacs protected BDs. Is there a way around to somehow play these protected BDs, maybe a software installation of AnyDVD HD software on 900d's linux os?If no, then can an ext usb bd-drive b read by 900b?
The problem is, my elder bro is leaning towards buying a bd-player, while i want a media player. Is there a way to meet both our demands with one bd/media player? Though we think alike when it comes to network options of a player that it must hav html5 and youtube, flash player wud b a bonus. So, as of today i think only 900d comes close to that requirement and within a budget of 12-15k. Or hav i missed any magical player in the market?

cannot comment on 900D since I dont own it and dont want to give any wrong suggestions.

but I personally prefer to have a dedicated bluray player to play blurays, but even with 900B, you can attach a internal bluray drive (they are a bit cheaper these days) through its SATA connector and play movies, it will even play 3D

but again if you have a 3D tv and like to watch 3D nlurays then having a dedicated 3D bluray player is a better option else without 3D bluray players are quite cheaper these days

himedia does gives a lots of flexibility and options you can explore on options I mentioned and depending on ur budget

best of luck

cannot comment on 900D since I dont own it and dont want to give any wrong suggestions.

but I personally prefer to have a dedicated bluray player to play blurays, but even with 900B, you can attach a internal bluray drive (they are a bit cheaper these days) through its SATA connector and play movies, it will even play 3D

but again if you have a 3D tv and like to watch 3D nlurays then having a dedicated 3D bluray player is a better option else without 3D bluray players are quite cheaper these days

himedia does gives a lots of flexibility and options you can explore on options I mentioned and depending on ur budget

best of luck

thanks mate. My tv is non-3d. But wow, an internal bd-drive is just great. What of the aacs protection?also, can the 600b handle bd-drives? If it does i think it wud b better and cheaper for a non_3d tv. What say?

thanks mate. My tv is non-3d. But wow, an internal bd-drive is just great. What of the aacs protection?also, can the 600b handle bd-drives? If it does i think it wud b better and cheaper for a non_3d tv. What say?

I would again suggest to get a cheaper non 3D bluray player for you, just make sure it outputs 5.1 channel dolby, dts and if possible dts hd ma and dolby hd via hdmi perfectly fine

many a times I have seen cheaper bluray player does not output 5.1 channels but only does 2 channel which is not the full exp while watching blurays

and if you have a AVR then its a must...

I would again suggest to get a cheaper non 3D bluray player for you, just make sure it outputs 5.1 channel dolby, dts and if possible dts hd ma and dolby hd via hdmi perfectly fine

many a times I have seen cheaper bluray player does not output 5.1 channels but only does 2 channel which is not the full exp while watching blurays

and if you have a AVR then its a must...

Problem with cheaper bluray players is they dont support all video formats thru storage devices and dont have good internet browsers, most dont even possess one. above all their costs are similar to 900b.
coming back to 900b, do they stream videos from sites other than youtube. i mean sites that stream free live sports and movies like a pc can do?

Problem with cheaper bluray players is they dont support all video formats thru storage devices and dont have good internet browsers, most dont even possess one. above all their costs are similar to 900b.
coming back to 900b, do they stream videos from sites other than youtube. i mean sites that stream free live sports and movies like a pc can do?

aahh I actually recommended to buy a cheaper bluray player along with hd900b :) combo will be a all rounder

but choice is upto u.

900b does have a browser which support flash but I never used it

aahh I actually recommended to buy a cheaper bluray player along with hd900b :) combo will be a all rounder

but choice is upto u.

900b does have a browser which support flash but I never used it

sorry my bad.
actually thinking of waiting for 900d to release in feb. wud b great since i dont hav to buy a separate bd player then. if it disappoints me on optical disc playback then maybe wud buy a separate int bd drive for it ,as u suggested

others members owners of 900b, hav anyone checked streaming free live sports and movies thru?

Last edited:

sorry my bad.
actually thinking of waiting for 900d to release in feb. wud b great since i dont hav to buy a separate bd player then. if it disappoints me on optical disc playback then maybe wud buy a separate int bd drive for it ,as u suggested

others members owners of 900b, hav anyone checked streaming free live sports and movies thru?

Would the BD Player + 900b/d combo not be more expensive than buying pocorm C200 + BD Drive?

900b owners should upload an extensive videos of its performance in english. say a good long video of 10 min portraying its performance as under:

picture quality
settings
external hdd/bd-drive connections and videos being played through them
bittorrent live downloading
internet services
internet browsing(live streaming of free sports/movies,if available)

its just a suggestion. potential buyers, like me, are desperately waiting for such a video review. no reviews are available on youtube for 900b, not even in foreign language.
would be highly obliged if anyone takes pain to do it

Last edited:

best of luck

hmmmm....i have a SATA/IDE kit lying unused. you've set me thinking now :rolleyes:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back