42" Plasma : Panasonic C10 Vs LG PQ60 Vs Samsung B430

Which One?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harneet

I have zeroed down to my screen size(42) and technology(Plasma) preference after a lot of research and now I have shortlisted 3 models which suit my budget.(<50K)

My usage :
60% - Tata Sky + Normal DVD
30% - PS3 Gaming
10% - Blu Ray Movies

Your opinions are welcome on:
1. Image Retention Issues
2. Reflection issues on the screen
2. SD content comparison
3. Black levels
or any other piece of information that you can give

People who own/have used/ read reviews about one of these three models : please voice your experience so far.

Also, I am in Hyderabad, could you please suggest a place for a good bargain.

Thanks a lot!!!...really looking forward to hear from you guys!

Look at Samsung B450 rather than B430. 450 has better anti reflection coating and an extra HDMi port.

Thanks Alok ... thats great, so all the three models mentioned above are available for the same cost ie 45k .... any opinion on comparison of these.

45K is for Samsung 42B450..

(personally) I liked Samsung overall.. it has more features and better colors..
C10 is better with black levels..

LG PQ60 was quoted about 41K.. C10 about 43K.. these are prices I got on Sunday 28th Feb.. do check the latest prices..

@Alok: I had a quick survey, went to Reliance Digital and thats where I got the prices, all three were quoted for about 45K for each of these three. Thanks for updating, I'll surely check with Bajaj Electronics.

Also , although it is said that the newer generation of Plasmas dont have burn in issues anymore, and have not heard about the same on this forum, any knowledge on the same???

I am pretty much done with auditioning and finalized on 42B450..will be placing an order soon..

As far as I have collected the information shared in this forum, there is no burn-in issues with current plasmas..

I have personally met a member in this forum (BLASTO) who owned PQ60 previously and now B450 ..We had a long 2-3 hours home-review of B450 and I am pretty much satisfied..We tried sunDTH, airtel DTH, divx with DVD player, SD-divx, 720p and 1080p BR Rips with both WDtv, Xtreamer.. Thanks BLASTO for a wonderful home-review..

I was considering LCDs as well.. but did not like motion handling, SD quality, black levels and viewing angle..These are all my personal opinions..

@Alok: I had a quick survey, went to Reliance Digital and thats where I got the prices, all three were quoted for about 45K for each of these three. Thanks for updating, I'll surely check with Bajaj Electronics.

Also , although it is said that the newer generation of Plasmas dont have burn in issues anymore, and have not heard about the same on this forum, any knowledge on the same???

I have been using a B450 for 6 months now,absolutely no image retention visible to my eyes.

My usage :
60% - Tata Sky + Normal DVD
30% - PS3 Gaming
10% - Blu Ray Movies
Addagala uses Tata Sky with B450 and it is great.. Dont know about PS3.. Blurays will be good especially in motion department in all plasmas..

Your opinions are welcome on:
1. Image Retention Issues
2. Reflection issues on the screen
2. SD content comparison
3. Black levels
or any other piece of information that you can give

1. PQ60 certainly has temporary IR issues for the first two months.. I have owned it and I can assure.. You can see it with even a casual glance.. It could have gotten better with time but I sold it off before that.. So can't say.. Own a B450 now and zero IR from the day one.. This surprises me as I was expecting minimal IR atleast!!

2. PQ60 and B450 has a anti reflective screen.. So minimal reflection.. The C10 does not have the anti reflective screen.. (X10 has and it is a bit costly around 47k. And you can get C10 for 40k from the panasonic showroom in kukatpally)

3. SD content is better in B450 primarily due to depth created by having more native black level.. The 2009 Panasonics lack in the upscaling capabilities which results in softer picture.. It is supposedly rectified in 2010 panasonics.. (which will be costly). The LG has a good upscaling engine but black level and IR are issues.

4. From reviews on the net,

C10 > B450 > PQ60.

From my demo/experience though,

C10 == B450 >> PQ60.

People who own/have used/ read reviews about one of these three models : please voice your experience so far.

Refer second half of the thread, http://www.hifivision.com/television/7279-42-lg-pq60-vs-samsung-b450-plasmas-home-review.html

Also, I am in Hyderabad, could you please suggest a place for a good bargain.

Bajaj electronics in kukatpalli is the best when it comes to prices. The Current offer as I heard from alok is 45k for B450 spread over 10 months.. (ie 4.5 per month for 10 months)

The offer I got was 44.5k with free SUN DTH box + installation + 3 months subscription of base pack. This is with 15k downpayment and 3.7k per month for 8 months.

Aviod croma.. They have insane prices..
Reliance digital gives excellent offers during festival time but only moderate offers during normal times..

P.S: If you choose samsung, get the B450 instead of B430.. It has more connectivity options and better anti glare properties.

****also look for excite store, metropolitian mall, banjarhills*** they are the cheapest in hyd and 0% finance for 1 year... lemme know if u plan from there..that guys knows me...**** u can pay 1/5 downpayment and rest on 0% finance for 12 months,...

I have pretty much finalised Panasonic as my brand of choice..am now just stuck between C10 and X10 now.

As far as I could gather from this thread, the only differences between C10 and X10 is the anti reflective screen on X10, one extra HDMI port on X10 ...Are these 2 the only difference???..Also, i could not confirm it from the Panasonic website, there is no mention of this in there.

Also, regarding prices, I checked Panasonic Kukatpally store where the prices quoted were :

C10 46000
X10 52000

Also the full HD versions

S10 59000
G10 65000

These were the first quotes, so I still need to bargain on the price. Any inputs on alternate shops, bargain rates I should aim for and any bargain tips would be most helpful

My 2 cents ..... if it is worthwhile.

DO NOT, I repeat, do not buy any Panasonic products, at least in India. No doubt, their technology is one of the very best, but, mind you, no after sales service. If anything goes wrong with the product, any quality issues, then you are in DEEP shit.

My experience with this brand product over the last 10 years. This Jap firm has screwed up in this department. This is where the Koreans have excelled.

I have pretty much finalised Panasonic as my brand of choice..am now just stuck between C10 and X10 now.

As far as I could gather from this thread, the only differences between C10 and X10 is the anti reflective screen on X10, one extra HDMI port on X10 ...Are these 2 the only difference???..Also, i could not confirm it from the Panasonic website, there is no mention of this in there.

Also, regarding prices, I checked Panasonic Kukatpally store where the prices quoted were :

C10 46000
X10 52000

Also the full HD versions

S10 59000
G10 65000

These were the first quotes, so I still need to bargain on the price. Any inputs on alternate shops, bargain rates I should aim for and any bargain tips would be most helpful

X10 has video playback via SD card (!!)
Better sound they claim as 'surround'
Effective anti-glare coating
Extra connectivity.

Further C10 is not sold anywhere else other than india. X10 is a global model.

Regarding prices, the guy is just bull-shitting you.
You can get C10 for 40k, X10 for 45k, S10 for ~50k. Not sure about G10.

I negotiated X10 for 47k with a free gift of 50 DVDs from the same shop and that was last 6 months ago. Now prices sure have come down.

Just walk out if he asks more than 45k and ask him to call you within the next 1/2 hour if he is interested or you will get the other brand. He usually calls.

I have been quoted 35K for a new C10 today, in Delhi. Anything wrong with this model?

Sure have been taken in with the good reports on Samsung B450. Maybe, wait a bit more .... say, 6 months before changing my current 29" CRT.

C10 = Rs. 35,000
X10 = Rs. 38,000
S10 = Rs. 47,000
G10 = Rs. 58,000

My suggestion is, get the X10. The extra Rs. 3000 over the C10 will get you:
1. Anti glare coating (Very IMportant)
2. Extra HDMI input on the side. (Very useful in case you have the TV installed on the wall. Also, it never hurts to have an extra HDMI input)
3. AVCHD & MPEG2 playback via the SDHC slot. (The SDHC slot on the C10 can play only JPEG)

****also look for excite store, metropolitian mall, banjarhills*** they are the cheapest in hyd and 0% finance for 1 year... lemme know if u plan from there..that guys knows me...**** u can pay 1/5 downpayment and rest on 0% finance for 12 months,...

@ Sanjay : Thanks for the tip

Woa!!...those prices are awesome - I'll buy right away if I can get it at that price, I doubt anyone can match these in Hyderabad.

@ theironhorse : Thanks, I will make a visit to excite during this weekend, please let me know if I can use your reference.

@Blasto : Thanks for the bargain tip ;)

Why have you not considered PQ70 - that is one of the latest models from the LG stable and from my own experience it has none of the IR issues that PQ60 may have had. I'm extremely happy with my choice.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back