4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k

LOL you are right. I meant to say "pulled the trigger".

I did see the Techiebeez review and she sounded satisfied with it. The reason I am not going for VU is that their best-reviewed Pixelight series with HDR is not powered by Android but something called PremiumOS with an app store by Opera. This year they don't seem to announce any new models under the Pixelight series. In fact they have removed all references to Pixelight from their site. They are pushing their Iconium series which do not appear as good as Pixelight. And of course their new lineup is the official Android TVs but they seem to lack HDR.

I am looking for a TV under 50K that is 4K HDR and officially Android TV certified by Google. So far only iFFalcon 55" seems to fit the bill.

I did see the Techiebeez review and she sounded satisfied with it. The reason I am not going for VU is that their best-reviewed Pixelight series with HDR is not powered by Android but something called PremiumOS with an app store by Opera. This year they don't seem to announce any new models under the Pixelight series. In fact they have removed all references to Pixelight from their site. They are pushing their Iconium series which do not appear as good as Pixelight. And of course their new lineup is the official Android TVs but they seem to lack HDR.

I am looking for a TV under 50K that is 4K HDR and officially Android TV certified by Google. So far only iFFalcon 55" seems to fit the bill.

Please keep in mind Android TVs with weaker hardware is a disaster. You can always get an android box later. What you should look at is good panel quality, upscaling and also after sales support. Mi TV lacked all three of these. It was an average panel with appalling OS and an even worse after sales support. I second sam9s opinion on the Mi TV, and also the fact that I used it for 4 months and then sold it off. And did quite a bit of research before I bought a Sony 55X8500F.

VU tvs,
- VU Android TVs lack HDR and that can indeed be a dealbreaker. I have personally seen a VU non android pixelight 4K tv looking much better
- But now the VU iconium comes with a custom android build which made me skeptical about it. There isn't a lot of user reviews on this tv out there. But do keep this in your list.

TCL TVs
- These are incredible value for money. I have got demos of TCL P2, P6 and C2 ranges. P6 and C2 looked best of the lot. Do visit a croma and check them out. I had almost finalised on TCL 55C2MUS, but then moved away as I already had a bad experience with a new player in indian market. So keep TCL 55C2MUS and 55P6US in your shortlist.
- For the TCL tvs check the reviews of their equivalent US market variants on "rtings". Though edge lit, they seem to have (limited) local dimming (C2MUS has 96 and P6US has 72 dimming points), which makes them fairly good and consistent with black levels

Coming back to my first statement on Android TV on weaker hardware. My sony 55X8500F does excellent streaming on netflix and prime video. No issues at all, but when it comes to offline UHD - HDR rips, it just crawls. I use my Mi TV Box 3 for all offline playback. But as far as I remember TCL uses really good hardware for their Android TVs (MUS models).

Hope this helps :)

But iffalcons HDR isnt that great, its just a name to sell the product. Go see reviews on flipkart. On top of that its a 8bit panel not 10bit so hdr wont be that great. Actually hdr in any tv below 75k is just for show its not good, especially in brands like vu mi & tcl. If u really want hdr go for tv brands like lg sony samsung. Either buy last years model of sony samsung which may come around 80k or this years model which come around 90k to 1lakh. Also it will be 50inch models not 55. But that wont make much difference.
Personally i recommed samsung nu8000 50 inch cuz its around 85k, and awesome quality picture and hdr, and samsung gives better warranty service than sony. If u can go higher upto 1.05k u might be able to get lg sk8500 49inch tv, which has dolby vision, and the best picture quality and hdr just like oled tvs.

Please keep in mind Android TVs with weaker hardware is a disaster. You can always get an android box later. What you should look at is good panel quality, upscaling and also after sales support. Mi TV lacked all three of these. It was an average panel with appalling OS and an even worse after sales support. I second sam9s opinion on the Mi TV, and also the fact that I used it for 4 months and then sold it off. And did quite a bit of research before I bought a Sony 55X8500F.

VU tvs,
- VU Android TVs lack HDR and that can indeed be a dealbreaker. I have personally seen a VU non android pixelight 4K tv looking much better
- But now the VU iconium comes with a custom android build which made me skeptical about it. There isn't a lot of user reviews on this tv out there. But do keep this in your list.

TCL TVs
- These are incredible value for money. I have got demos of TCL P2, P6 and C2 ranges. P6 and C2 looked best of the lot. Do visit a croma and check them out. I had almost finalised on TCL 55C2MUS, but then moved away as I already had a bad experience with a new player in indian market. So keep TCL 55C2MUS and 55P6US in your shortlist.
- For the TCL tvs check the reviews of their equivalent US market variants on "rtings". Though edge lit, they seem to have (limited) local dimming (C2MUS has 96 and P6US has 72 dimming points), which makes them fairly good and consistent with black levels

Coming back to my first statement on Android TV on weaker hardware. My sony 55X8500F does excellent streaming on netflix and prime video. No issues at all, but when it comes to offline UHD - HDR rips, it just crawls. I use my Mi TV Box 3 for all offline playback. But as far as I remember TCL uses really good hardware for their Android TVs (MUS models).

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the detailed suggestion. One other reason I checked out iFFalcon is that it is a sub-brand of TCL (like Honor phones by Huawei) and so the hardware is hopefully strong enough. And 2.5GB RAM and 16GB memory is not something I have seen in other 4K TVs in this price range. Not to forget the Cortex A53 Quad Core processor and Dual Core Mali GPU powering it. Supports local dimming as well.

I also saw a Pixelight 4K model and was impressed by it. Wish there was some way to see an iFFalcon 55 model in person.

As for Vu Iconium, these unofficial Android TVs are bad bet, considering we have official options for the same price range. They usually come with a hacked version of Play Store, which at some point will become non-updateable due to changes in Google Play Services.

But iffalcons HDR isnt that great, its just a name to sell the product. Go see reviews on flipkart. On top of that its a 8bit panel not 10bit so hdr wont be that great. Actually hdr in any tv below 75k is just for show its not good, especially in brands like vu mi & tcl. If u really want hdr go for tv brands like lg sony samsung. Either buy last years model of sony samsung which may come around 80k or this years model which come around 90k to 1lakh. Also it will be 50inch models not 55. But that wont make much difference.
Personally i recommed samsung nu8000 50 inch cuz its around 85k, and awesome quality picture and hdr, and samsung gives better warranty service than sony. If u can go higher upto 1.05k u might be able to get lg sk8500 49inch tv, which has dolby vision, and the best picture quality and hdr just like oled tvs.

Thank you for the suggestions. Flipkart reviews are pretty good, considering the budget. And is it confirmed that the panel is 8 bit? It probably is, otherwise they would have trumpeted the 10 bit part loud and clear.

I understand in the end you get only what you paid for. My budget is limited to 50K. Now I need to find the model that is the best in that price range.

^^ Thanks ...some people think I am a troll and so badly disrespect..... I just feel sorry for them. Anyway coming to point ..... Every thing is subject to the price point we are taking here. As I said I am not against Mi, but after a lot of research and tech mails I shared with the company tech team, for so many TVs .... I realised Mi 4K is just gimmick, its as bad as it gets .. no upscaler, poor brightness level ... etc etc..... .... just having the resolution is 1/4 the battle ........ So keeping 40-55K as the budget the best on paper at least I found was this ...
https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelight-140cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv/p/itmewpzfnczzgzjb?pid=TVSEWPZFFQNDAZCG&srno=s_1_5&otracker=search&lid=LSTTVSEWPZFFQNDAZCGCEJ9EB&fm=SEARCH&iid=f9a7a043-51de-44dc-abf1-30906850414d.TVSEWPZFFQNDAZCG.SEARCH&ppt=Search Page&ppn=Search&ssid=xbh7rui4cw0000001534051174752&qH=6d1451cf3636a290

And after using it and comparing it with TV under the same budget I can say VU is definitely better. Until TCL or some other brand ups their tech on these TV, VU is the choice to go for ATM.

Then if we go in the range of 75-90K story starts to get a bit different ....... and from there on as high you go better gets the display technically atleast.
Anyway if you want I can share you the details one to one on pm.

Regards
Sammy

Thanks a lot man. My budget is around 50K since these days the tech keeps changing every 2 years so I dont want to invest too much. Currently using Panny 42inch plasma since 2010 now. Its too long in the tooth now. But honestly, its one heck of a displayw hen it comes to deep blacks.

Have you seen the Black levels of SK8500 and from where did you get the price?I wanted 55 inch but its 40k costlier

Have you seen the Black levels of SK8500 and from where did you get the price?I wanted 55 inch but its 40k costlier
Black levels was pretty good. I got the price from a small dealer of tvs around noble hospital, hadapsar in pune, it also had 2 year lg warranty. Also i asked in croma and vijay sales but price was 1.20k there. I also visited a lg shoppe near fakhri hill, kondhwa, they quoted 1.10k for it, with 3 year lg warranty. Best price was definetly that dealer near noble.

Black levels was pretty good. I got the price from a small dealer of tvs around noble hospital, hadapsar in pune, it also had 2 year lg warranty. Also i asked in croma and vijay sales but price was 1.20k there. I also visited a lg shoppe near fakhri hill, kondhwa, they quoted 1.10k for it, with 3 year lg warranty. Best price was definetly that dealer near noble.
Thanks also let me know the Samsung store name for Nu8000

I bought the LG 49SK8500PTA. Black level is awesome, near to OLED because of the FALD. I got LG soundbar along with it as offer.

Thanks for the detailed suggestion. One other reason I checked out iFFalcon is that it is a sub-brand of TCL (like Honor phones by Huawei) and so the hardware is hopefully strong enough. And 2.5GB RAM and 16GB memory is not something I have seen in other 4K TVs in this price range. Not to forget the Cortex A53 Quad Core processor and Dual Core Mali GPU powering it. Supports local dimming as well.

I also saw a Pixelight 4K model and was impressed by it. Wish there was some way to see an iFFalcon 55 model in person.

As for Vu Iconium, these unofficial Android TVs are bad bet, considering we have official options for the same price range. They usually come with a hacked version of Play Store, which at some point will become non-updateable due to changes in Google Play Services.

Thank you for the suggestions. Flipkart reviews are pretty good, considering the budget. And is it confirmed that the panel is 8 bit? It probably is, otherwise they would have trumpeted the 10 bit part loud and clear.

I understand in the end you get only what you paid for. My budget is limited to 50K. Now I need to find the model that is the best in that price range.

Though it is true that HDR will not look as good on these low cost HDR TVs, but that is not coz of the color deapth (8 bit),that is more so coz of the underlying display tech used, which is DLED or worst ELED on these 50-60K tv as compared to say OLED, of FALD (which is nothing but another name for full array TVs) that makes the actual difference for HDR, but then that is why the price is also high. For budget conscious people where the choice is limited, you got to compromise some where. So if you want to compare compare within the sub 60k category only and proceed, it is futile to compare these with 1L+ TV with OLED/FALD. None of the TVs I researched except kodak had more than 8 bit color depth, but kodak was poor in all other aspects (no HDCP 2.2 for example). Pixelight though 8 Bit still has edge local dimming (not full array) plus IPS panel and full HDCP 2.2 support plus few other aspects made it the best deal under 60k category. Mi doesnot even has good upscaling, and even with same 8bit the color gamut is poor as compared to Pixelight or even iFalcon ........

Pixelight though 8 Bit still has edge local dimming (not full array) plus IPS panel and full HDCP 2.2 support plus few other aspects made it the best deal under 60k category. Mi doesnot even has good upscaling, and even with same 8bit the color gamut is poor as compared to Pixelight or even iFalcon ........

I read that the Pixelight series is DLED not ELED. Dont know how true it is. Since you have the TV with you, you can confirm. This is the only advantage it has over iifalcon. But now VU seems to have discontinued this series and is now shifting to ELED with their Iconium and latest Android offerings.

Man, I still love my Panasonic Plasma but now curse myself for not going in for 50 inch TV (Its 42 inch). Bigger screen is my single most requirement now.

I read that the Pixelight series is DLED not ELED. Dont know how true it is. Since you have the TV with you, you can confirm. This is the only advantage it has over iifalcon. But now VU seems to have discontinued this series and is now shifting to ELED with their Iconium and latest Android offerings.

That not the only advantage, VU has WCG and local dimming as well, which iFalcon does not, plus the upscaling is just ultimate on VU ... FHD to 4K I am talking about. iFalcon upscaling is also good, but not better than VU. There is no test that you can perform to see if a display is ELED or DLED, but when this TV specs were officially available on their website it was specifically mentioned display type DLED (I think flipkart still has the TV listed and DLED is there as well), the website also mentioned local dimming and WCG. I remember vaguely I took a screen shot as well, i will see if I can find it and share. The only think VU does not have at this price point is Android, if that is a deal breaker and rest can be compromised iFalcon is the way to go. Personally I would prefer a separate media player for android than to go with the TV OS as Android.

That not the only advantage, VU has WCG and local dimming as well, which iFalcon does not, plus the upscaling is just ultimate on VU ... FHD to 4K I am talking about. iFalcon upscaling is also good, but not better than VU. There is no test that you can perform to see if a display is ELED or DLED, but when this TV specs were officially available on their website it was specifically mentioned display type DLED (I think flipkart still has the TV listed and DLED is there as well), the website also mentioned local dimming and WCG. I remember vaguely I took a screen shot as well, i will see if I can find it and share. The only think VU does not have at this price point is Android, if that is a deal breaker and rest can be compromised iFalcon is the way to go. Personally I would prefer a separate media player for android than to go with the TV OS as Android.

I found this one in Flipkart

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelig...j4kxv40000001534559540568&qH=ff571f5e53d7059e

It still says DLED and WCG. is this the one you mentioned?

i have an nvidia shield. So not worried about not having so much smart feature. after reading all the form post, so much tempted to order this.

iFFalcon website says it supports micro dimming. And Beebom review mentions it switches to wide color gamut and local dimming when HDR content is detected.

https://www.iffalcon.com/iffalcon-55-inch-4k-android-tv/

https://beebom.com/iffalcon-k2a-4k-tv-review/

Somebody made fun of me when I said Go deeper .... I would like to mention .... THIS^^ what naveenjn has done is what going deeper is ...... when you research enough you get answers .......

@naveenjn thanks for the information, really helps. I however would still request and suggest you to directly mail the company tech team and ask them directly. Micro Dimming looks more or less what same what Edge local dimming is, so its good. Now the only advantage of VU is upscaling, and disadvantage is non Android. But with the recent discussion I can start seeing that iFalcon is almost as good as VU in this price bracket. Now ist up to the end user to decided, I personally would still recommend VU for the better upscaling, how ever for someone for whom Android TV is a must and cannot purchase media player, iFalcon is the way to go, either way the end consumer should not be disappointed.

I found this one in Flipkart

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelig...j4kxv40000001534559540568&qH=ff571f5e53d7059e

It still says DLED and WCG. is this the one you mentioned?

i have an nvidia shield. So not worried about not having so much smart feature. after reading all the form post, so much tempted to order this.

Yes thats the one, I however have the 55" of the same model. (https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelig...hiwhc00000001534572982251&qH=d7833afbbd6ab4a6)

If you have nvidia shield, look no further, for this price you will not be disappointed by this TV, just dont start comparing it with OLEDS HDR ...:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back