65" best 4k ( NO OLED) budget 70-80

hello everyone finally after lot of readings I realized OLED is not for me, cannot take any tensions of burn in with 2 lac budget
please help me to choose best 4k under 80k size 65"
I can wait if anything is coming in next month.
from forum I found TCL C8 is the only choice

OLED is more than double ur budget !
Its not that i dont have budget but i was inclined towards oled only if I am spending close to 2 lac, but since oled is more of hassle, I don't want to spend 2 lac on non-oled, hence I decided to keep it low until I find something rugged in near future any suggestion over my budget are welcome :)

I am in same stage.oled is best but risk and cost is high.i am waiting for ulternate solution like duel sell, vidrian or mini led, but unfortunately none is in india or coming soon. HELL

Its not that i dont have budget but i was inclined towards oled only if I am spending close to 2 lac, but since oled is more of hassle, I don't want to spend 2 lac on non-oled, hence I decided to keep it low until I find something rugged in near future any suggestion over my budget are welcome :)

What's your usage like?

If you look In internet, you find say some 1000 burn in complaints posted in different forums and hundreds of arguments on each of them. That’s enough blow up But consider worldwide there are more than 4 million OLEDs sold as of Dec 2019.

Logically, if you are a video enthusiast, you would be keen to get a newer tech device every 5 years. I personally had been using a 2017 55B7 for Xbox gaming without any issues. People who don’t have any issues won’t report that over internet most of the time. People with lower end led mostly buy it off stores and possibly won’t read hundreds of forums to decide on their set. So if it fails they don’t bother to write it up all over the internet.

I had failures with my Samsung and LG LCDs both coating around 70k back when I bought them. Lgs motherboard failed and Samsung’s display got lines both in 3 years period.

To me 5 years a good number of years to get out of a tv before it really becomes outdated tech.

There's a huge vacuum in the market from 80000-160000 price range for 65" TVs in India. There's no good model in the price range.
The models from LG,Sony , Samsung in the price range 80000-160000 is nothing special compared to TCL and other Chinese companies.
Not sure why other TV manufacturers have targeted this segment.
Its more likely they don't see 65" TV market much promising in India.

In top brands, Sony X80G is around 1.23L, whereas LG 7300PTA is around 90k. 8100PTA from LG is like 1.25L. Samsung 7090 is around 90k and 7470 is around 1.2L

Top brands usual TVs will cost you upwards of 1L. Among those, you can see the Sony 80G and LG 8100 and compare what works for you. There are chances to get Sony X950G for 1.6L - that is a good price for that unit, considering it was retailing for 2.2L just a month ago. Apparently this is the best non-OLED TV one can buy right now.

Under 80k - TCL C8 is good - Moto 65 is good too, have my eye on Mi 4x 65 and possibly Mi 5 TV which is expected to launch in next 2-3 months hopefully With India China situation getting bad, don't know how long will it take.

In top brands, Sony X80G is around 1.23L, whereas LG 7300PTA is around 90k. 8100PTA from LG is like 1.25L. Samsung 7090 is around 90k and 7470 is around 1.2L

Top brands usual TVs will cost you upwards of 1L. Among those, you can see the Sony 80G and LG 8100 and compare what works for you. There are chances to get Sony X950G for 1.6L - that is a good price for that unit, considering it was retailing for 2.2L just a month ago. Apparently this is the best non-OLED TV one can buy right now.

Under 80k - TCL C8 is good - Moto 65 is good too, have my eye on Mi 4x 65 and possibly Mi 5 TV which is expected to launch in next 2-3 months hopefully With India China situation getting bad, don't know how long will it take.
Yeah apart from Sony 950G I guess every one of them are Edge Lit models.

Sony 65" 950G at ~1.6L is no brainer. Its indeed good deal for a 65" FALD TV with excellent picture processing and not to mention the undisputable upscaling prowess of Sony.

I know 1.6L sounds lot of money for a TV, But when you compare other TVs in this price bracket and considering all the video processing factors. Its worth it.

If anyone wants to experience the 4K HDR at its best, Go for it.

Else if you are a casual viewer and don't care about the 4K HDR and Dolby vision blah blah.. just forget it and get the good Full HD tv that you can get under ~40- 50K.

Cheers :)

Sony 65" 950G at ~1.6L is no brainer. Its indeed good deal for a 65" FALD TV with excellent picture processing and not to mention the undisputable upscaling prowess of Sony.

I know 1.6L sounds lot of money for a TV, But when you compare other TVs in this price bracket and considering all the video processing factors. Its worth it.

If anyone wants to experience the 4K HDR at its best, Go for it.

Else if you are a casual viewer and don't care about the 4K HDR and Dolby vision blah blah.. just forget it and get the good Full HD tv that you can get under ~40- 50K.

Cheers :)

Saw an ad today regarding 20% discount on Sony products. Have a check on the price if they have fallen more or 1.6 was inclusive of the discount

Saw an ad today regarding 20% discount on Sony products. Have a check on the price if they have fallen more or 1.6 was inclusive of the discount
Have no idea about the 20% discount. If it is true, then its a steal deal.

Even if it doesn't exist, I think one could get even better deal based on their bargaining skills.

If you look In internet, you find say some 1000 burn in complaints posted in different forums and hundreds of arguments on each of them. That’s enough blow up But consider worldwide there are more than 4 million OLEDs sold as of Dec 2019.

Logically, if you are a video enthusiast, you would be keen to get a newer tech device every 5 years. I personally had been using a 2017 55B7 for Xbox gaming without any issues. People who don’t have any issues won’t report that over internet most of the time. People with lower end led mostly buy it off stores and possibly won’t read hundreds of forums to decide on their set. So if it fails they don’t bother to write it up all over the internet.

I had failures with my Samsung and LG LCDs both coating around 70k back when I bought them. Lgs motherboard failed and Samsung’s display got lines both in 3 years period.

To me 5 years a good number of years to get out of a tv before it really becomes outdated tech.
I totally agreed with you, happy customer does not bother to post good reviews online

60% netflix 20% youtube 20% tata sky would love add soundbar to it on later stage for dolby

20% Tata Sky won't be a problem. Check Rtings' burn-in test on 2017 series. Logos burnt-in at 3,000 hours or so. Prominently by 3,500. The red subpixel was the biggest problem. All pixels are actually white, and colored ones have filters on them. Red supposedly requires the pixels to drive higher, so they burn out faster. In 2018 and then again in 2019, red subpixel was increased in size, along with aperture ratio improvements. So you can expect at least 2x performance. There's also logo luminance from 2018 onwards. Worst case scenario, logos will burn-in from 6,000 hours on C9, as red subpixel is almost twice the size compared to C7. OLED panel itself in general should be good for 20,000-25,000 hours before blotchiness starts happening as compensation cycle runs out of headroom. Again, conservative estimate.

Now let's say you watch for 6 hours every day. That's about 2,000 hours yearly. Extra on weekends maybe so let's make it 2,500 hours. That's still a good 8-10 years before general degradation happens.

20% of that usage is TataSky, so that means 500 hours annually. 6,000 hours to burn-in means 12 years. More than enough.

Most probably, TV will die from some electronic part failure before burn-in happens in new sets. I haven't had a TV last longer than 4 years. Brother's 3D Sony TV died after 4. Family Panasonic LED TV died after 3. Replaced it with iffalcon, died after a year thanks to a buggy software update. Motherboard needs changing. Who knows when that will happen now.

You'll be fine with OLED for your usage, as long as you can afford it.

It's a joy to watch. Even old movies look spectacular, especially black and white movies with dynamic lighting. Heck, even Seinfeld looks good as there are so many night cars shots and what not. Only con is it being 4k, which means that it'll show compression in the sources too.

Mostly it's fine. I fall in love with it every time I watch it.

Do you think Mi 4x 65 is a good choice at this moment if I plan to buy next month or any rival bringing in something better? what are your views on Vu premium 55 ( I need for another bedroom )
I searched for Sony X950G found only 9500G is both same?

20% Tata Sky won't be a problem. Check Rtings' burn-in test on 2017 series. Logos burnt-in at 3,000 hours or so. Prominently by 3,500. The red subpixel was the biggest problem. All pixels are actually white, and colored ones have filters on them. Red supposedly requires the pixels to drive higher, so they burn out faster. In 2018 and then again in 2019, red subpixel was increased in size, along with aperture ratio improvements. So you can expect at least 2x performance. There's also logo luminance from 2018 onwards. Worst case scenario, logos will burn-in from 6,000 hours on C9, as red subpixel is almost twice the size compared to C7. OLED panel itself in general should be good for 20,000-25,000 hours before blotchiness starts happening as compensation cycle runs out of headroom. Again, conservative estimate.

Now let's say you watch for 6 hours every day. That's about 2,000 hours yearly. Extra on weekends maybe so let's make it 2,500 hours. That's still a good 8-10 years before general degradation happens.

20% of that usage is TataSky, so that means 500 hours annually. 6,000 hours to burn-in means 12 years. More than enough.

Most probably, TV will die from some electronic part failure before burn-in happens in new sets. I haven't had a TV last longer than 4 years. Brother's 3D Sony TV died after 4. Family Panasonic LED TV died after 3. Replaced it with iffalcon, died after a year thanks to a buggy software update. Motherboard needs changing. Who knows when that will happen now.

You'll be fine with OLED for your usage, as long as you can afford it.

It's a joy to watch. Even old movies look spectacular, especially black and white movies with dynamic lighting. Heck, even Seinfeld looks good as there are so many night cars shots and what not. Only con is it being 4k, which means that it'll show compression in the sources too.

Mostly it's fine. I fall in love with it every time I watch it.
You just made my mind ready to jump in for OLED, Thanks for your input

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back