Acer H5380BD Thread

Hi Elan! No just the top where the bulb/fan area is. Took my time and got all the dust out.

What about the side where all the inputs are? I was looking at the manual and it said to pull out two panels to clean out the dust, but I have no idea how to do that just from looking at the illustration, or is the top area where I do all the cleaning from?

Also, I'm starting to get a weird slight color change with my projector depending what's happening on the screen (some colors get a little brighter than normal) and I've noticed that it's starting to flicker if I have it on for more than 2hrs. I'm assuming that is the dust doing that but could it be something else?

The flickring issue is solved by changing some sensor, really didn't dig deep as it costed me just Rs. 1000 including the service charge.

I have flickering issue and the picture goes black and white. This is after 2 years of use and with bulb at 1300 hours.

I bought these 3D glasses and they work great for me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8S26TE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So my projector can't display certain shades of blue now and it's starting to flicker if I have the projector on for more than an hour. Is that a bulb issue or a sensor issue? If it's a sensor issue, what should I do to get it fixed? Call Acer? I've heard their customer service isn't great, so would I be better off buying a new projector instead?

I think my flicker issue was caused by watching a 3D movie. After messing with the settings like changing the display modes and turning 3D on/off, the flickering has reduced greatly.

Hi all, do anyone any servicing centre in bangalore where I can get my acer 5370 projector ( older version of Acer 5380) serviced?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have purchased the same unit on Apr-2014 and total hours running is 2800. But a few days ago, It started a problem like flickering and I guess noise from color wheel. So i opened the unit and clean all compartment. but my mistaken a little part of color wheel is broken..

Current status.. it wont start.. After pressing power button. power button light blue with small red light.

Im in Pune. can you please give address or contact details to fix this issue.. and what will be the cost for color wheel replacement and general cleaning...

Thanks,
Rajesh

Anybody interested to buy this projector. I had purchase in 2014. I can give you my projector in less than 10K. Interested person can contact me.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back