Acer H5380BD Thread

Hi GCR good to see you. :D I'm planning on moving soon hopefully, so the cables are ok as they are. They are not in my way. In the first picture I put the cord higher. :) I use my PJ on weekends, so it's low 1100 hours(bought ther 5380 Dec 2014) now(Eco Mode). Bought a mini vacumm(get it in 2 weeks) recently to work on dust issues. How's yours?

mine dust protection is as follows when not in use.:D
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ADApxBAjeIVpu-U&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Got this little ebay china vacuum for dust issues I was having the Acer. I did not use the attachments so it could suck a little better. Was not expecting much, but it cleared out all the dust!:yahoo: Inside there are 3 places the fan itself was dusty and the other 2 holes. I also used it on the bulb casing, I covered all bases. High recommend for less than $2 US dollars. :):eek:hyeah::clapping:

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 122
Hello all Acer H5380BD members,
My basic question is, is this projector able to view 3D movie from 3D Blu-ray player? Refers to spec this one is 3D PC ready only..
Also 120hz is mention what it means?
I am very new here, so please guide me how can I able view 3D movie. Because my requirement is only for watching 3D movies. Means. Maximum time to be 3D.
Please guide me friends.

Hello all Acer H5380BD members,
My basic question is, is this projector able to view 3D movie from 3D Blu-ray player? Refers to spec this one is 3D PC ready only..
Also 120hz is mention what it means?
I am very new here, so please guide me how can I able view 3D movie. Because my requirement is only for watching 3D movies. Means. Maximum time to be 3D.
Please guide me friends.
Yes! It is a 3D player and it plays from 3D blu ray player.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Yes! It is a 3D player and it plays from 3D blu ray player.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

If I want to run by my laptop or any other HDD media player. Can it's play and can I used 3D glasses direct. Or need any media like 2d to 3d converter or stereoscopic player? I watched some video for playing 3D movies on 3D ready projector.

If I want to run by my laptop or any other HDD media player. Can it's play and can I used 3D glasses direct. Or need any media like 2d to 3d converter or stereoscopic player? I watched some video for playing 3D movies on 3D ready projector.
HDD media player should be 3D ready.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

For anyone having flickering issues. Turn off Eco mode for an hour and a half, then turn it back on. Should solve the problem.

I have flickering issue and the picture goes black and white. This is after 2 years of use and with bulb at 1300 hours.

I am facing the following issues which I think more is attributable to long HDMI cable.

1) I have to re-connect the HDMI cable everytime I use it due to projector not yet fixed (Thanks to my landlord). The problem is it does not pick the signal after connecting and I have to switch to HDMI 2 and switch back to HDMI 1 to get the signal.

2) Sometimes when I switch on the fan or tubelight, picture goes black and come back after 15-20 seconds. This has happened sometimes even without touching any switches.

Small problems hence not worried too much though.

I am facing the following issues which I think more is attributable to long HDMI cable.

1) I have to re-connect the HDMI cable everytime I use it due to projector not yet fixed (Thanks to my landlord). The problem is it does not pick the signal after connecting and I have to switch to HDMI 2 and switch back to HDMI 1 to get the signal.

2) Sometimes when I switch on the fan or tubelight, picture goes black and come back after 15-20 seconds. This has happened sometimes even without touching any switches.

Small problems hence not worried too much though.

I have a long HDMI with no issues. Maybe it's time to change it and see if that helps. Also can I see your menu settings. Please take pics. Maybe we can help.

I have a long HDMI with no issues. Maybe it's time to change it and see if that helps. Also can I see your menu settings. Please take pics. Maybe we can help.

Sure will take picture next time and post. Mine should be used for more than 1000 hours. Not a big issue by the way hence not worried much.

I have tried switching HDMI cable, source and even power supply from a different outlet. After powering on, I can see in color for a few minutes and then it goes to black and white mode with flicker. I tried the Eco mode switch off, didn't work. I will have to send for repair, read on the Internet that dust on color wheel can also cause this.

I have tried switching HDMI cable, source and even power supply from a different outlet. After powering on, I can see in color for a few minutes and then it goes to black and white mode with flicker. I tried the Eco mode switch off, didn't work. I will have to send for repair, read on the Internet that dust on color wheel can also cause this.
Use the small vacuum I posted recently this helped with dust issues. LMK if you need help.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back