Acer H5380BD Thread

Good day

Can you tell me how good acer hs5380bd is an excellent or good or average?

And one more thing what about UNIC UC40 cheap projector and lot good reviews too.
Is it better to go branded one or can i use cheap like UC40.
Optoma 141x or acer hs5380 which one is best?
Help me out.
Thanks in advance.

ramesh

Good day

And one more thing what about UNIC UC40 cheap projector and lot good reviews too.
Help me out.
Thanks in advance.

ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I got it on ebay US refurb for less than $400. I think the 720p quality is great and don't think 1080 would make a great difference in quality. I don't think I will upgrade anytime soon. The colors look great once you adjust it to your liking.:clapping: I can give you my settings if you decide to get it. The only quirk is when watching a 3D movie you have to adjust the color, brightness, Tint, etc. Not a big problem but it would be nice if the settings could be saved!? I have them written down so no biggie. Read this article: The Best $500 Projector | The Wirecutter

Good day

Help me out.
Thanks in advance.

ramesh

ramesh, what you decide?
Optoma 141x is 1080p , Acer 5380 is 720p. You can also consider optoma H181x which is 720p price near to to the acer.
search in the forum, you will get threads on the above three.

What would be the cost the bulb? If we loss it early or received damaged:indifferent14: one and need know the cost too. Appreciate your reply

What would be the cost the bulb? If we loss it early or received damaged:indifferent14: one and need know the cost too. Appreciate your reply

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-EC-K0700...8&qid=1446498252&sr=8-2&keywords=ACER-H5380BD

Projector Lamp for Acer H5380BD Bulb with New Housing 180 Day Warranty | eBay

or if you are handy you can replace it yourself look at youtube videos to show you how: Compatible Bare Bulb for Acer MC JH111 001 H5360BD H5380BD H5360 V700 | eBay

I decided to get discrete pair of JBL Leviton AESS5 surround speakers for the PJ setup. Took me about an hour to setup last night. I threw on the Roy Orbison Black & White Live DVD and adjusted it to my liking and boy did the violins coming in from these tiny speakers sound nice.:eek: I placed the speakers upside down to get the tweeter closer to the ear. Incredible little speakers for the price I got them for on ebay. I'm happy.:D
Right side:

Left side:

Left side:

Right side:

I had an Infocus IN76 doing duty for the last 7 years which finally died. Infocus service said they are unable to fix it. So I bit the bullet and bought the Acer H5380BD from Amazon.com. It is expected in a week! It is shipping through Aramex. I wish to thank you all for helping come to this decision.

I had a couple of questions.
1. How do you upload KYC to Aramex?
2. How do I procure the "duty paid receipt" from Aramex?

Many thanks.

I had an Infocus IN76 doing duty for the last 7 years which finally died. Infocus service said they are unable to fix it. So I bit the bullet and bought the Acer H5380BD from Amazon.com. It is expected in a week! It is shipping through Aramex. I wish to thank you all for helping come to this decision.

I had a couple of questions.
1. How do you upload KYC to Aramex?
2. How do I procure the "duty paid receipt" from Aramex?

Many thanks.

:yahoo: chrome6boy Really happy for you. I live in the US, so I can't answer your questions. Can someone help him? Please comeback and post photos when you get it.

Took awhile to hook up the PJ Mount last night, but well worth it. Now I can sit in the middle and enjoy and use the table I had it on for other uses. Big thanks to my buddy Fuzz for the hookup! :cool::yahoo::clapping:

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 124
Took awhile to hook up the PJ Mount last night, but well worth it. Now I can sit in the middle and enjoy and use the table I had it on for other uses. Big thanks to my buddy Fuzz for the hookup! :cool::yahoo::clapping:

thats cool.Can the power and hdmi cable taken inside of the mount so that it will be more pleasing? Some wire management is needed.;)

How about the usage? Mine is less due to work. Early i thought (b4 purchase) i could easily touch 1000 hrs easily.

Hi GCR good to see you. :D I'm planning on moving soon hopefully, so the cables are ok as they are. They are not in my way. In the first picture I put the cord higher. :) I use my PJ on weekends, so it's low 1100 hours(bought ther 5380 Dec 2014) now(Eco Mode). Bought a mini vacumm(get it in 2 weeks) recently to work on dust issues. How's yours?

I am looking for ceiling mount which should have integrated cable arrangement.
There is one i checked on amazon.in which looks like "afterlife's" ceiling mount but some reviews are deterring me to go ahead for the purchase. Could someone give me pointer or link from where they have bought and using without any issues.

I am looking for ceiling mount which should have integrated cable arrangement.
There is one i checked on amazon.in which looks like "afterlife's" ceiling mount but some reviews are deterring me to go ahead for the purchase. Could someone give me pointer or link from where they have bought and using without any issues.

Anyone one of those on amazon or ebay will do, just make sure it can carry at least 25 lbs. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back