Acer H5380BD Thread

just my .02

I have seen this PJ working in a friend's place, and to me I don't think fan noise is anywhere noticeable (for sure it can not be a deciding factor)... :)

@ajay its not a main factor, you are right, i am right because, i am planning to add on my table with Seat so, thats why.

You really don't notice it, unless you're sitting right next to it, even then hardly that distracting. For the price I got I'm very very very happy.

Yes I liked it too. Where did you buy from?? Amazon or newegg. Newegg increased rates last week, 399 to 449.

In Amazon it's $429. So in final cost it comes at $627. Looks like good price

I had ordered it from Amazon, landing cost 36.5k approx. Not yet opened the box. Today i got pair of sainsonic zodiac 904 3D glasses delivered. Though I am quite convince with Acer performance, still thinking to get a HD26 through a friend from US who is coming first week april.
I Can offer Acer h5380bd if someone interested locally :).

Yes I liked it too. Where did you buy from?? Amazon or newegg. Newegg increased rates last week, 399 to 449.

In Amazon it's $429. So in final cost it comes at $627. Looks like good price

I bought mine on ebay new refurbished for a little less than $300 US in Dec. I got the last one. I got real lucky. :yahoo:

Last edited:
How I can play movie from pendrive in Acer H5380BD ? mini USB port not working. usb to hdmi conversion can help?

How I can play movie from pendrive in Acer H5380BD ? mini USB port not working. usb to hdmi conversion can help?
There is no on board player so you will have to use something via HDMI to play it like a blu-ray player with usb or use usb on your laptop via HDMI.

projector received yesterday
gcr-albums-acer-picture706-acer-01.jpg

gcr-albums-acer-picture707-acer.jpg

connected via VGA cable with my old pc. picture quality is good. 3D also working via VGA cable. I'm using sainsonic glasses one rechargeable and other with button battery.

Looking good there, congrats. How about some screen caps of your screen?

I have a question for the 3D movies why does it reset the settings back to normal? What I mean it does not keep my settings with Brightness, Color, Tint, etc. It keeps them when I play a normal bluray/DVD/Netflix, etc. I wonder why it does not keep it?

@afterlife2,
I don't have a permanent screen now, also wall space is limited.
I just started to explore it.

sainsonic glasses( rechargeable and other removable battery ).

gcr-albums-acer-picture710-3d-glasses-rechargable.jpg

gcr-albums-acer-picture709-3d-glasses.jpg

Can anyone please confirm about the rainbow effect on this projector? How severe is it? I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of rainbow artifacts owing to the fact that it is a single chip DLP with a 2x speed colour wheel.

Can anyone please confirm about the rainbow effect on this projector? How severe is it? I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of rainbow artifacts owing to the fact that it is a single chip DLP with a 2x speed colour wheel.

Dark scenes and white snow and sky will have rainbow effects visibly.It is tolerable only.If you can bear one or two scenes with rainbow effects, this is very good vfm projector available for the price.

I guess I'm not affected by it. I have not seen any rainbows since Dec.:yahoo:

i have 5370BD and have not noticed any rainbow effect in 1.5 years of ownership however only one particular friend who has powered glasses mentioned slight rainbow effect.

its not much too be odd.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back