Acer H5380BD Thread

Can anyone please confirm about the rainbow effect on this projector? How severe is it? I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of rainbow artifacts owing to the fact that it is a single chip DLP with a 2x speed colour wheel.
I noticed rainbow effect but it's not distracting for me. When you get involved with the movie you won't find any. It may appear occasionally when you blink. Just now I finished watching Planet of the apes 3D, I was very much involved with the movie and the 3D, so I didn't notice any rainbow effects.

Congrats GCR, so how are you liking it? Have you set the user picture setting?

I'm loving it. Its clocked 40 hours. I'm using movie mode. Have not played with picture settings so far. Once screen is set up will do that. what about your settings. Screen shot of settings is welcome.

I'm loving it. Its clocked 40 hours. I'm using movie mode. Have not played with picture settings so far. Once screen is set up will do that. what about your settings. Screen shot of settings is welcome.

Cool. Yeah I can do that this weekend. I'm over 400 hrs and only use it on the weekend. :):yahoo:

Cool. Yeah I can do that this weekend. I'm over 400 hrs and only use it on the weekend. :):yahoo:

wow. Once i finish the screen, It may reach that hrs soon. :yahoo:
Where you installed your projector? on table or ceiling or wall?

wow. Once i finish the screen, It may reach that hrs soon. :yahoo:
Where you installed your projector? on table or ceiling or wall?

Yep I've had it for 6 months, so 481hrs is little. :D My projector is on a small table. I don't want to mount it. For 3D you have to set it every time you watch a 3D movie. Don't know why. Hopefully when they can fix this later on newer models or a firmware. Here is my User settings and the best for deep blacks and accurate color. Took a while to tweak and now I'm happy how it looks. If you have any questions let me know. Here are some shots I took last night. I hope they are not too blurry:

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2180.jpg
    IMG_2180.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Welcome anytime. The screen looks real nice congrats. Is that the 3D version of that KP video? Wide Awake is in 3D. Oh dunno if you noticed but I have my wall color as green(My screen of course is white) and the colors look great. I used to use yellow but after tweaking I felt green was better for colors. Of course it's up to you which one looks better to you. Also the Keystone depends on where you place the PJ. I had it at 2 for my first setup and then I moved it so had to adjust it to 3. Enjoy it and let me know what ya think.

Last edited:
Welcome anytime. The screen looks real nice congrats. Is that the 3D version of that KP video? Wide Awake is in 3D. Oh dunno if you noticed but I have my wall color as green(My screen of course is white) and the colors look great. I used to use yellow but after tweaking I felt green was better for colors. Of course it's up to you which one looks better to you. Also the Keystone depends on where you place the PJ. I had it at 2 for my first setup and then I moved it so had to adjust it to 3. Enjoy it and let me know what ya think.

nope, its only 2D. I didn't know wide awake was in 3D.

Hi,
I am new here and next month i am planing to go US and i would like to buy Acer H5380BD.
1.Please advise can i buy from Amazon.com (or) can i go to ebay store and buy this.
2. this projector comes with a Screen or have to buy separately?

Thanks,
R.Kumar

Hi,
I am new here and next month i am planing to go US and i would like to buy Acer H5380BD.
1.Please advise can i buy from Amazon.com (or) can i go to ebay store and buy this.
2. this projector comes with a Screen or have to buy separately?

Thanks,
R.Kumar

1) You can buy from amazon, bhphotovideo.
2) You have to buy Screen separately. It comes with carry case, remote, vga cable.
If you going to use it here, then no need of voltage converters.

Hola Kumar! You can check all those gcr mentioned. I got lucky I got mine on ebay Acer Refurb and it looked new with zero hours of use.
I got my Motorized screen on ebay as well. I would not spend more than $80 US on a screen unless you got lots of monies :)(I bid on mine and got it for a little less than $70): New 100" 16 9 HD Foldable Electric Motorized Projector Screen Remote | eBay
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Last edited:
Its full on screen coz of 16:9 ratio. Also colours are vibrant.
I tried yours. but i didnt see you selected green as screen
Will try and update. I'm using
brightness 47
contrast 54
sharpness 5
forget to take the screen shot.

Posting other than katy:D

mobile camera is not doing much justice to the actual pic.

Last edited:
Its full on screen coz of 16:9 ratio. Also colours are vibrant.
I tried yours. but i didnt see you selected green as screen
Will try and update. I'm using
brightness 47
contrast 54
sharpness 5
forget to take the screen shot.

Posting other than katy:D

mobile camera is not doing much justice to the actual pic.
Yep In person it's breath taking than any pics. :)
Believe me Katy is ok with me. :)
I see my pics are too blurry so here they are:
My settings are:
DM: User
WC: Green(Try them all but this looks great to my eyes)
B:48
C:60
S:43
T:58
Sharpness: 10(I really can't tell a difference 5 or 10, so 10 it is)
After having it 6 months it's the best setting I've gotten. I don't think I can do better.
:yahoo:

Last edited:
Hola Kumar! You can check all those gcr mentioned. I got lucky I got mine on ebay Acer Refurb and it looked new with zero hours of use.
I got my Motorized screen on ebay as well. I would not spend more than $80 US on a screen unless you got lots of monies :)(I bid on mine and got it for a little less than $70): New 100" 16 9 HD Foldable Electric Motorized Projector Screen Remote | eBay
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, what is the weight of 6:9 HD Foldable Electric Motorized Projector Screen + Remote
Actually i am travelling from Peru to Washington D.C and my main baggage limit is 23kg

can i buy the below for the screen:
Amazon.com: 120-Inch Spandex Projector Screen. 5'x9', 16:9, 3D DLP Ready, Portable, Lightweight, Wrinkle Free with both Front & Rear/Backlit Projection (Compare to: Favi, Epson, Da-Lite, Goo Systems, Elite Screens, Camp Chef, Mustang, Black O

(OR)

http://www.amazon.com/Carls-Blackou...3852&sr=1-3&keywords=spandex+projector+screen

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back