ALLO BOSS 2 PLAYER

Yes, I confirm the above. Just discovered it myself. Even after using the physical buttons to turn up the volume this digital slider was still at zero for iOS too. All set now! Thanks to all who suggested this fix

Oh yes, if you have the hostname working, then you are sorted. But there will be times when you would want to connect to the device to make some changes to a file or something, then you don't want to be hunting for the IP. Same goes for a NAS device too, a fixed IP helps.

MaSh
One can even set an IP as static within the Moode or Volumio UI.. If you have an IP outside your local DHCP scope no need to worry for overlapping as well.

Moode has very low volume compared to volumio. I recently tried both and satisfied with volumio. You can also try volumio I m sure your sound will improve.
What you meant by low volume? Is it for Spotify? Never seen anything such with any players in my experience..

What you meant by low volume? Is it for Spotify? Never seen anything such with any players in my experience..
If you keep volume as 60% volume while playing from mobile. In volumio it sounded good but in moode volume feels Little bit low .

Not sure everyone faces this or only for me

You have linux on these devices and hence you can ssh to these servers. I use ssh button app on my phone to shutdown my allo devices and all computers from anywhere in the house.

View attachment 65163

Every server you add, gets added as a button that you can click. Eg. for Allo usbridge I have added the text 'Shutdown usbridge' which then appears as a button with that text.

View attachment 65160

e.g. for allo usbridge I have configured the command. The username and password is a standard user that I have configured on the system. I have made my own distribution. You are using moode. I think moode installs a user named 'moode'. So you can use 'moode' as the username for SSH username and the appropriate password for SSH password that you would have configured in the setup

View attachment 65162

The command is actually sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now. 'shutdown -h now' which is a standard unix command to shutdown the device immediately.
For Moode the user is 'pi' and password is 'moodeaudio'.

I too use ssh especially to copy my music files, yes sometimes does shutdown as well.

Oh yes, if you have the hostname working, then you are sorted. But there will be times when you would want to connect to the device to make some changes to a file or something, then you don't want to be hunting for the IP. Same goes for a NAS device too, a fixed IP helps.

MaSh
@MaSh Since I was going to use the SSH button for the first time to shutdown the boss player, the SSH hostname had to be entered in the SSH button app. Since the router is currently assigning a dynamic IP address every time the player is started, I felt this would cause a conflict in the SSH hostname entry hence on your advice I assigned the boss player a permanent static IP address from the DHCP address pool which obviates the need to point to http://moode.local as earlier. I can now safely point to the static address.

@mbhangui After assigning the static IP address, I configured the 'Add entry...' list in SSH

command used was
sudo shutdown -h now

SSH hostname is the newly assigned static IP address.

@premoddev SSH username 'pi' & SSH password 'moodeaudio' as you had advised.

I didn't fiddle around with the other entries i.e. SSH port / use private key.

The label got successfully added to the list and I shutdown the player. The screenshot below to check with you'll whether this is normal ? i.e. "Returncode was -1"

IMG-20220112-WA0001.jpg

The hdd light blinked fast and went off followed by the Boss 2 display. I then switched off at mains.

IMG-20220112-WA0002.jpg

@MaSh Since I was going to use the SSH button for the first time to shutdown the boss player, the SSH hostname had to be entered in the SSH button app. Since the router is currently assigning a dynamic IP address every time the player is started, I felt this would cause a conflict in the SSH hostname entry hence on your advice I assigned the boss player a permanent static IP address from the DHCP address pool which obviates the need to point to http://moode.local as earlier. I can now safely point to the static address.

@mbhangui After assigning the static IP address, I configured the 'Add entry...' list in SSH

command used was

That is fine
The label got successfully added to the list and I shutdown the player. The screenshot below to check with you'll whether this is normal ? i.e. "Returncode was -1"

View attachment 66001

The hdd light blinked fast and went off followed by the Boss 2 display. I then switched off at mains.

It means that the shutdown actually worked. I'm not sure what that PATH variable is for the user 'pi' with password 'moodeaudio'. If /sbin or /usr/sbin is in the PATH env variable, then no issue. But to be sure, regardless of the setting of PATH variable for the user 'pi', change the command to

sudo /usr/sbin/shutdown -h now

The above will work regardless of whether you use moode, picore, volumio, etc.

If you want to be sure that your allo boss2 player has been shutdown, we can create a sound to be played on shutdown. Let me know if you want to go down this path. All you need to do is select a wav/flac/ogg file that you want to play during shutdown. We will create a systemd unit file that will execute a command to play the music file on shutdown, reboot or halt.

We will have to create a file /usr/lib/systemd/system/shutdown-sound.service as below
[Unit]
Description=Play a Shutdown sound on reboot, halt or poweroff
DefaultDependencies=no
After=umount.target

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/bin/aplay /usr/share/sounds/shutdown.wav

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target halt.target poweroff.target

and execute the command once in the lifetime of your allo boss2 player
systemctl enable shutdown-sound.service

Once you do this, linux will execute the command aplay /usr/share/sounds/shutdown.wav and play that on your speakers whenever the machine goes down. You can record your own voice in a sinister fashion in shutdown.wav to warn the listeners that fun time is over.

command used was

View attachment 66001

View attachment 66002
Cool. Mine has been running 24x7 for 3 months now.

MaSh

That is fine

It means that the shutdown actually worked. I'm not sure what that PATH variable is for the user 'pi' with password 'moodeaudio'. If /sbin or /usr/sbin is in the PATH env variable, then no issue. But to be sure, regardless of the setting of PATH variable for the user 'pi', change the command to

The above will work regardless of whether you use moode, picore, volumio, etc.
Noted. Will amend the command entry accordingly.
If you want to be sure that your allo boss2 player has been shutdown, we can create a sound to be played on shutdown. Let me know if you want to go down this path. All you need to do is select a wav/flac/ogg file that you want to play during shutdown. We will create a systemd unit file that will execute a command to play the music file on shutdown, reboot or halt.

We will have to create a file /usr/lib/systemd/system/shutdown-sound.service as below

and execute the command once in the lifetime of your allo boss2 player

Once you do this, linux will execute the command aplay /usr/share/sounds/shutdown.wav and play that on your speakers whenever the machine goes down. You can record your own voice in a sinister fashion in shutdown.wav to warn the listeners that fun time is over.
Posted a reply earlier but it disappeared. Anyways. I'm interested especially in the creepy sinister wav voice recording part. Please bear in mind that you're advising someone who has always ABHORRED the word 'programming' and anything to do with it. Hence kindly advise with step by step baby steps so that I can follow your instructions to the T :)

Noted. Will amend the command entry accordingly.

Posted a reply earlier but it disappeared. Anyways. I'm interested especially in the creepy sinister wav voice recording part. Please bear in mind that you're advising someone who has always ABHORRED the word 'programming' and anything to do with it. Hence kindly advise with step by step baby steps so that I can follow your instructions to the T :)
Sure. Just record some voice in some wave file. Copy it to some directory on your boss2 (/usr/share/sounds) preferably. We can chat on hifivision chat, google chat, skype tomorrow. My username is mbhangui for all.

EDIT: There is no programming involved here. Just configuration.

@mbhangui As per your suggestion I have edited the SSH shutdown command from sudo shutdown -h now to sudo /usr/sbin/shutdown -h now and tested that it works fine.

Updated MoOde OS to release 7.6.1

For future updates I will add the SSH button to track the update progress .. moodeutl -t

IMG-20220113-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220113-WA0001.jpg

Despite enabling the android Spotify setting 'Normalize volume', I experienced different volume levels with tracks on the same album hence this is annoying to readjust the volume level for each song.

IMG-20220113-WA0003.jpg

I then realised that the MoOde Spotify renderer Config settings were not changed. I have now selected the Bitrate as 320 kbps from the default 160 kbps as well as changed Volume normalization to 'Yes'. This should do the trick.

IMG-20220113-WA0002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220113-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220113-WA0003.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1
MoOde has recently released v7.5.0 I updated the software following the sequence below. MoOde updated successfully however I might have encountered a minor bug at the last step..

clicked on small 'm' and 'configure'

View attachment 65118

Under Configuration Settings clicked 'System'

View attachment 65119

Under System Config clicked on 'CHECK' for software update

View attachment 65120

clicked on 'VIEW'

View attachment 65121

scrolled through the Package Content and clicked 'CLOSE'

View attachment 65122

View attachment 65123
clicked 'INSTALL'

View attachment 65124
The spinner started and update went through. After completion a pop-up shows as 'Software update installed Restart required'

View attachment 65131

clicked on 'm' , Power and 'RESTART' under Power Options

View attachment 65132
a pop-up shows 'Restarting...'

View attachment 65133
and finally 'RECONNECT , SYSTEM RESTARTED'

View attachment 65134

When I clicked 'RECONNECT', the light blue progress bar got stuck and nothing happened hence had to close this window and reopen a new MoOde window and click 'Update library' following which we are back in business. Is this normal or a minor bug in the software?
sometimes this happen with allo products. try connecting hdmi cable to a screen in case it does not connect at all. This should fix the connection issue.

sometimes this happen with allo products. try connecting hdmi cable to a screen in case it does not connect at all. This should fix the connection issue.
How? A hdmi cable connecting to a display will ONLY provide a graphical user interface to an otherwise headless boss player. How does it solve a connection problem???

Back