ALLO BOSS 2 PLAYER

How? A hdmi cable connecting to a display will ONLY provide a graphical user interface to an otherwise headless boss player. How does it solve a connection problem???
I agree. But this was issue with allo digione player that I had. Sometimes it simply refuse to connect. But when you connect to a display it works again. I think the device goes to sleep or something but when you connect to a display it re-boots correctly.

I agree. But this was issue with allo digione player that I had. Sometimes it simply refuse to connect. But when you connect to a display it works again. I think the device goes to sleep or something but when you connect to a display it re-boots correctly.
If you read my post #32 which I assume you have overlooked, you will easily understand that it was a lan / wifi network conflict that caused a connection break-down. Nothing else. Ever since the network issue was sorted out, the allo boss 2 boots up normally.

If you read my post #32 which I assume you have overlooked, you will easily understand that it was a lan / wifi network conflict that caused a connection break-down. Nothing else. Ever since the network issue was sorted out, the allo boss 2 boots up normally.
Good to hear that. But if you are using a allo device also keep that in mind that I have stated before. It is not like that that will also happen with your device but in case.

@mbhangui Today I discovered and changed 3 system settings..

1. Turned off 'Integrated Wifi adapter' since the boss player is connected to router via ethernet.

2. Turned off 'Integrated BT adapter' since I won't be using Bluetooth.

3. Turned off 'HDMI port' as it says 'Leaving the HDMI port ON uses +25mA and lengthens boot time'.

Rebooted via SSH.

Screenshot_20220123-173350_Chrome.jpg

1. Turned off 'Integrated Wifi adapter' since the boss player is connected to router via ethernet.

3. Turned off 'HDMI port' as it says 'Leaving the HDMI port ON uses +25mA and lengthens boot time'.

Rebooted via SSH.

View attachment 66501
All the above 3 settings will be some setting in the file /boot/config.txt

<snip>
<snip>
If you have or get a backup ISP connection, you may consider putting wired on one ISP and WiFi on the other.
Cheers,
Raghu

Rebooted via SSH.
And to my delight the boss booted up quickly after this change. Funny but thrilling when small tweaks here n there make a big difference :D

Hi guys,

If you can please help me here...I have tried everything but not sure why Volumio is not taking the full screen on my 4K Television. I have attached some images for reference.

I am currently using Allo Boss 2 Signature Player which has HDMI output which support upto 4K 60 FPS and I am using a Mini HDMI Cable for the same but not sure what is going wrong that I am not able to get the full screen and by the way this is happening for both Volumio as well as Moode.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.21 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.21 PM.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.27 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.27 PM.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.37 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.37 PM.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.42 PM.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.42 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-27 at 8.17.42 PM (1).jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi guys,

If you can please help me here...I have tried everything but not sure why Volumio is not taking the full screen on my 4K Television. I have attached some images for reference.

I am currently using Allo Boss 2 Signature Player which has HDMI output which support upto 4K 60 FPS and I am using a Mini HDMI Cable for the same but not sure what is going wrong that I am not able to get the full screen and by the way this is happening for both Volumio as well as Moode.
to enable 4k you have to have this in /boot/config.txt
hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

to enable 4k you have to have this in /boot/config.txt

Thanks a lot sir..this resolved the issue..

Hi @mbhangui Earlier today I found this command to disconnect Spotify given by Tim Curtis on the MoOde forum.

I added the new button in SSH but when I tapped it nothing happened and Spotify continued playing.

Screenshot_20220128-200553_SSH button.jpg
As shown above it just says OK with the time stamp but nothing happened.

When Spotify Connect is active, The MoOde browser shows this..
Screenshot_20220128-200618_Chrome.jpg
Could the code be erroneous or am I not entering it correctly in SSH? I do not want to tap on 'disconnect' in MoOde to stop Spotify but rather would like to stop Spotify via a SSH button and then continue...

Hi @mbhangui Earlier today I found this command to disconnect Spotify given by Tim Curtis on the MoOde forum.

I added the new button in SSH but when I tapped it nothing happened and Spotify continued playing.

View attachment 66690
As shown above it just says OK with the time stamp but nothing happened.

This means the ssh command was successful and the command /var/www/command/restart-renderer.php -spotify had a zero exit status

Could the code be erroneous or am I not entering it correctly in SSH? I do not want to tap on 'disconnect' in MoOde to stop Spotify but rather would like to stop Spotify via a SSH button and then continue...
It means that the command /var/www/command/restart-renderer.php --spotify did not disconnect spotify. Can you click the button 2 to 3 times?

This means the ssh command was successful and the command /var/www/command/restart-renderer.php -spotify had a zero exit status

It means that the command /var/www/command/restart-renderer.php --spotify did not disconnect spotify. Can you click the button 2 to 3 times?
Can you try the following command to disconnect spotify.
I'll try this the next time and let you know Thanks:)

Can you try the following command to disconnect spotify.
I just tried the code in SSH. It did stop Spotify playing returning with OK ( time stamp).

When I tried to reconnect Spotify Connect, the MoOde Spotify renderer doesn't show up anymore in the app device list. I then had to also click on 'disconnect' Spotify in the MoOde browser to completely disconnect Spotify. After I did that, MoOde Spotify renderer shows up on the list and I can reconnect to Spotify. Hence IMO the SSH button becomes an unnecessary redundant step as clicking on 'disconnect' on the browser accomplishes this in 1 step only.

MoOde Audio Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) settings

Let me state upfront that I am thoroughly satisfied with the performance of my Allo Boss 2 player. The bass is tight and smooth, mids shine through with a warm non-fatiguing airy treble. As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! I'm hoping that curiosity doesn't kill this cat and since MoOde has a PEQ built-in, I've been mulling over the idea of using it for fine-tuning the frequency spectrum. I came across the well-known Harman curve by Sean Olive of Harman International which to me seems a Godsend. From what I gather, this curve is a rough approximation of what people generally appreciate and accept as optimum speaker frequency response in an ideal room.

https://headphonesaddict.com/harman-curve/

As with most things in life, there's a mixed bag of opinions about using a PEQ. Some have stated that they weren't impressed after implementing a PEQ as they felt it makes the sound signature more "sterile and controlled" not to mention having to tweak the curve to suit different music genres while others highly recommend using it.

1.jpg

MoOde v7.6.1 PEQ has three settings that can be tweaked: Frequency (Hz), Q and Gain(dB).

2  .jpg

As you can see there is a provision to set 12 frequency bands. A Master Gain default is set to 0dB which applies to all 12 frequency bands. I wonder what this means? For each individual band, we can choose frequencies in a range between 10Hz and 18KHz. The stated frequency range for the 3050i is (+3dB, -6dB): 44Hz-30KHz. Due to a dearth of information online concerning the MoOde PEQ settings, I have arbitrarily chosen the 12 target frequencies as 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 700Hz, 1KHz, 3KHz, 5KHz, 8KHz, 10KHz, 12KHz, 15KHz. Would this selection be a good starting point? After entering the frequency, Enabled to be set to Yes for the settings to take effect.

Most importantly, how much Q and Gain boost/cut would you recommend to be applied so that we can closely mimic the Harman curve? The adjustable Q range is 0.06 to 8 and adjustable Gain is from -24dB to +24dB. From what I've learnt, Q number is inversely proportional to the bandwidth hence a higher Q means a sharper slope and tighter bandwidth while a smaller Q results in a shallow slope and broader bandwidth.

My listening genres are Pop, R&B, Country, Soul, Slow Jam, Classical, Instrumental, Smooth Jazz, Jazz fusion, Gospel, Slow Rock, New Age & EDM. The last time I fiddled around was with graphic equalizers on an Aiwa/Sony boombox and JVC mini system decades ago much less a complicated PEQ hehe. Having never used a PEQ, I would like to get this right on the first attempt without having to tweak often hence would appreciate inputs from FMs who have experience using this. Thanks in advance.

I have a Yamaha htr 3072 avr. Right now I play music through my nuc connected to it. Would I get better sound if I buy allo boss 2 and connect it to my avr? Speakers are q acoustics 3020i.. Use spotify tidal and sometimes apple music

MoOde Audio Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) settings

Let me state upfront that I am thoroughly satisfied with the performance of my Allo Boss 2 player. The bass is tight and smooth, mids shine through with a warm non-fatiguing airy treble. As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! I'm hoping that curiosity doesn't kill this cat and since MoOde has a PEQ built-in, I've been mulling over the idea of using it for fine-tuning the frequency spectrum. I came across the well-known Harman curve by Sean Olive of Harman International which to me seems a Godsend. From what I gather, this curve is a rough approximation of what people generally appreciate and accept as optimum speaker frequency response in an ideal room.

https://headphonesaddict.com/harman-curve/

As with most things in life, there's a mixed bag of opinions about using a PEQ. Some have stated that they weren't impressed after implementing a PEQ as they felt it makes the sound signature more "sterile and controlled" not to mention having to tweak the curve to suit different music genres while others highly recommend using it.

View attachment 66780

MoOde v7.6.1 PEQ has three settings that can be tweaked: Frequency (Hz), Q and Gain(dB).

View attachment 66781

As you can see there is a provision to set 12 frequency bands. A Master Gain default is set to 0dB which applies to all 12 frequency bands. I wonder what this means? For each individual band, we can choose frequencies in a range between 10Hz and 18KHz. The stated frequency range for the 3050i is (+3dB, -6dB): 44Hz-30KHz. Due to a dearth of information online concerning the MoOde PEQ settings, I have arbitrarily chosen the 12 target frequencies as 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 700Hz, 1KHz, 3KHz, 5KHz, 8KHz, 10KHz, 12KHz, 15KHz. Would this selection be a good starting point? After entering the frequency, Enabled to be set to Yes for the settings to take effect.

Most importantly, how much Q and Gain boost/cut would you recommend to be applied so that we can closely mimic the Harman curve? The adjustable Q range is 0.06 to 8 and adjustable Gain is from -24dB to +24dB. From what I've learnt, Q number is inversely proportional to the bandwidth hence a higher Q means a sharper slope and tighter bandwidth while a smaller Q results in a shallow slope and broader bandwidth.

My listening genres are Pop, R&B, Country, Soul, Slow Jam, Classical, Instrumental, Smooth Jazz, Jazz fusion, Gospel, Slow Rock, New Age & EDM. The last time I fiddled around was with graphic equalizers on an Aiwa/Sony boombox and JVC mini system decades ago much less a complicated PEQ hehe. Having never used a PEQ, I would like to get this right on the first attempt without having to tweak often hence would appreciate inputs from FMs who have experience using this. Thanks in advance.
On second thought I've abandoned the idea of using the MoOde PEQ hence pls ignore the above post where I've asked for suggestions. Not a fan of tone control hence I'd rather listen to the original without any alterations.

@Sean de Silva @Kannan @amrutmhatre90 @mbhangui , Hi All , I have installed moode Audio on my pi4 , connected over usb to dac, works like a charm , have connected a screen to it as well. When I play spotify over moode audio, the song covers doesn't appear on screen , it just says spotify connected.

In volumio , since spotify is integrated inside, we get to see song cover and it's details on screen.

is there a way to get song details on screen while playing on spotify over moode audio?

Thanks,
Chandu
I wouldn't know as I haven't yet connected a screen to my Allo Boss 2.

Hi All , I have installed moode Audio on my pi4 , connected over usb to dac, works like a charm , have connected a screen to it as well. When I play spotify over moode audio, the song covers doesn't appear on screen , it just says spotify connected.

In volumio , since spotify is integrated inside, we get to see song cover and it's details on screen.

is there a way to get song details on screen while playing on spotify over moode audio?

Thanks,
Chandu

It should display, I haven't tried moode yet I am Using volumio right now.
Under settings can you check if it has a option to show album art? Some appearance settings.
Also try changing songs, sometimes it gets stuck.

Volumio plays from YouTube, and shows album art too. Can you check from YouTube?

Since both OSs are almost similar it shouldn't be a problem.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back