AM NEW TO HOME THEATRE PLease HELP ! ! ! ! ! !

whiteskull666

I am planning to geta home theatre system for my new house.
am new to hookin up home theatre systems, keeping my budget pretty low.

im thnkin of gettin

Denon AVR-1507
usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3252.asp

or

Onkyo TX-SR505 receivers.
onkyousa.com/model.cfm?class=Receiver&m=TX-SR505&p=i

which one do i buy ?
both look equally attractive.

And which speakers would you recommend ?

was thinkin oh hooking up Polk RM6750 polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/rm6750/

or maybe Bose Acoustimass 6 speaker system
bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=am6_surround_index&ck=0

PLease advice !
thnx ! :)

Hi buddy,

I settled for a Onkyo 505 after going tru Denon & Marantz. The 505 is powerful AVR for its price point, easy to hookup and getting started, the Audessy 2Q is a helpful feature in setting your acuostics. I usually listen to soft rock & country genre of music, its sounds good on my wharfedale towers. However, you should explore other options depending on your Music:Movie ratio.

I had confusions with respect to the 605 looking at thier on paper cometitiveness, however a more closer pragmatic look at the comparison will tilt needle in favour of 505.

Do let me know you choice.

Rgrds
Yogi

Hmm.... "BOSE" coming across that after a long time, very long time indeed.

Well bro, its a matter of choice. Do you want style or do you want substance. In either case, you are not wrong. Its your money and you have all the right to decide what suits your taste. But if you are chasing a dream of pure sonic nirvana, steer clear from BOSE!

try this for your referece
intellexual net m k i v

Now coming to your shortlist, I would suggest Onkyo over the Denon, just because of the bells and whistles it comes with. Denon will give you a clean sound while Onkyo might sound exiting to many. Again a matter of choice. I myself use Denon.

Try Tannoy Mercury Custom F1 for the speaker package.

Best regards.

Fully agree with Unleash. Try avoiding Bose if you are in for "sound". If you are in for Style and/or you looking for small speakers, there are still other options than bose and they do sound better than bose at a lower price point.

If I were you, I would go for Denon (I have a soft spot for Denon's :D )

And which speakers would you recommend ?

was thinkin oh hooking up Polk RM6750 polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/rm6750/

or maybe Bose Acoustimass 6 speaker system
bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=am6_surround_index&ck=0

PLease advice !
thnx ! :)

From your choices, it looks like you are more inclined towards sub/sat systems. If that is the case, I suggest you audition A 10

All the best.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back