Amp enclosures/chasis cabinets

Dear all ( pass B1 group buy participants)
pics of the cabs being final assembled and packed will be uploaded tomm or monday

instructions and Updates
All members please use the contact form on
Sound Foundations - Homepage
and email me your shipping address with full name, Moniker,and tel number

Update : unfortunately there have been some unforeseen costs that i have had to pay from my pocket that i had not

anticipated earlier
The amount is rs 380/cabinet
(these costs were mainly due to extra finishing costs - i.e grinding of face plate on surface grinder before brush

finish buffing, also anodising costs very not as anticipated)

i request participants to
please bear with me - especially since this group build was done on cost basis
i do apologize for inconvenience caused or if someone feels cheated

hence now deposit amounts will be as follows

3101 will become 3101+380 = 3481
3102 will become 3102+380 = 3482

so on and so forth

Also those who have asked for an additional (for i p selector) knob please add rs 120 to the above total

As per my calculations
please check the following ( if there is a mistake let me know)

First column is the total amount to be transferred

3605 Captrajesh - 3105+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3610 Stereorules - 3110+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3604 svaze - 3104+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3608 Doors666 - 3108+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3613 Jai1611 - 3113+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3607 Gobble - 3107+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole
3612 Baswamin - 3112+380+120 - 2knobs - 6.9dia ip hole

3483 Kroyin - 3103+380 - 1 knobs - 5.5 dia ip hole
3489 Josephjohnt - 3109+380 -1 knobs - 5.5 dia ip hole

7091 Gopib - 3111+380+120(pass B1 -2knobs& 6.9dia ip hole ) + 3100+380 (bare bones)

3480 Omishra - 3100+380 (bare bones)
Note : to Omishra - please do not pay - your amount needs to be adjusted against my purchases from you

following members still need to send me email with their shipping address
please do so ASAP
so i can send out group mails regarding bank details

Gobble
Baswamin

amp cabs assembled
amp cabs packed - waiting for that extra knob to pop in before i label

payments rcd as of 1.46pm today
svaze,gopi,omishra

payments made as of this post
PD 3483 Kroyin
PD 3610 Stereorules
PD 3604 svaze
PD 3608 Doors666
PD 7091 Gopib
PD 3480 Omishra

your cabs will start shipping tomm ( except mr Anand who has requested late shipping)

Thank you Ali received the cab...packed well ...exceedes my expectatations..thank you.

To all the gents that participated in the group buy please let me know how you are
attaching the LDR board?The only solution that comes to me would be to unsolder the volume pot.

Thank you Ali received the cab...packed well ...exceedes my expectatations..thank you.

To all the gents that participated in the group buy please let me know how you are
attaching the LDR board?The only solution that comes to me would be to unsolder the volume pot.

om and sachin have simply inserted the volume pot shaft in the cab hole and
used a check nut and let the LDR pcb just "hang"

you may have to cut the shaft on the pot a bit
if you dont wanna cut use a spacer so that the shaft protrudes off the front plate just enough that is enough for the volume control knob

rgds
ALi

Hi Ali,

Received the cabinet; thank you. Looks like the courier guys have lived upto their reputation and handled the package roughly. :mad:

They managed to crack the wooden panels on one corner. No prob though as they have only bent and cracked partially on one corner.

I wish you put either them inside the cabinet or affixed onto the sides.

Most probably due the the rough handling, the bottom screws of both the front and back plates have come loose and have fallen apart. I have to think of some "jugaad" like 'M-Seal'

One problem I faced is, the volume knob and selector Knob are totally dissimilar, both size and design wise. That looks pretty odd.

om and sachin have simply inserted the volume pot shaft in the cab hole and
used a check nut and let the LDR pcb just "hang"

you may have to cut the shaft on the pot a bit
if you dont wanna cut use a spacer so that the shaft protrudes off the front plate just enough that is enough for the volume control knob

Actually, the shaft protrudes enough to come out of the face plate so that the volume knob can be fitted. Only problem is by doing so, the LDR PCB cannot be fixed onto the base plate as the holes do not match. I intend to drill four fresh holes on the base plate and intend to fix the PCB onto it by using spacers of appropriate height.

Last edited:
Hi Ali,

Received the cabinet; thank you. Looks like the courier guys have lived upto their reputation and handled the package roughly. :mad:

The jokers at the courier company managed to crack them on one corner. No prob though as they have only bent and cracked partially on one corner.

I wish you put the wooden panels either inside the cabinet or affixed onto the sides.

Most probably due the the rough handling, the bottom screws of both the front and back plates have come loose and have fallen apart. I have to think of some "jugaad" like 'M-Seal'

One problem I faced is, the volume knob and selector Knob are totally dissimilar, both size and design wise. That looks pretty odd.

Actually, the shaft protrudes enough to come out of the face plate so that the volume knob can be fitted. Only problem is by doing so, the LDR PCB cannot be fixed onto the base plate as the holes do not match. I intend to drill four fresh holes on the base plate and intend to fix the PCB onto it by using spacers of appropriate height.

hmm that means "proffesional" couriers are totally unprofessional
normally i ship with only GATI
but GATI picks up only once a week

cant do juggad wth Mseal
instead use the longer screws
they will automatically make extra threads as you tighten them

i may have to send you an extra set

yeh the volume knob is gonna be diffrnt for all
Lathe guy misintepreted
when i gave him the second order ( after everyone ordered extra knobs! )
SIZE though was intentionally made different - only the chamfer was misinterpreted i think

the LDR matter was always gonna be there
since i didnt have the LDR to try a test fit
i had to shoot in the dark or rely on Om pdfs

i still say
forget the headache of redrilling
you may end up scratching somethin
just hang the LDR board the way sachin has

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and unsoldered ...filed the protruding little tab on the pot..soldered
6 wires ....fastened the PCB to the pre drilled holes & the volume knob to the chassis withcthe supplied nut...l'm happy :)

hmm that means "proffesional" couriers are totally unprofessional
That's true, I once had to make a dozen of calls for my courier which was undelivered for weeks, to find out that the local courier office doesn't have anybody to deliver the couriers. I had to go there personally and find out my letter from the pile of undelivered letters. They are really unprofessional.

cant do juggad wth Mseal
instead use the longer screws
they will automatically make extra threads as you tighten them

i may have to send you an extra set

Lathe guy misintepreted
when i gave him the second order ( after everyone ordered extra knobs! )
SIZE though was intentionally made different - only the chamfer was misinterpreted i think

Lathe guy misintepreted when i gave him the second order ( after everyone ordered extra knobs! ) SIZE though was intentionally made different - only the chamfer was misinterpreted i think

I wish you had sent matched sets so that some of us will get the bigger beveled sets and some get the smaller plain sets.

It looks very odd that one is plain and one is beveled. I'm certainly not going to use it like that.

I prefer the plain one. If anyone wants to exchange his plain knob with the beveled one, I'm ready to exchange.

What do you say guys?

heres a custom cab for capt and mr badri

will be starting on another lot next week
gurubhai , sihivprashant,sasmit
let me know before next week

internal ht 2u
dimns internal not fixed - but in all probability 15*11

I build cabs only in lots now
its too much time and effort to do one offs

P.S the cabs below though are of the same dimsn of the PASS B1 buffer amp built earlier - only the height is larger

Last edited:
Hey Magma, this time don't engage that (un)professional couriers.:p

BTW, I'm still awaiting your longer bolts to fix the face & back plates and the bolt spikes for the fourth rack of my AV rack.

So all my DIY work is in semi finished stage.

Hey Magma, this time don't engage that (un)professional couriers.:p

BTW, I'm still awaiting your longer bolts to fix the face & back plates and the bolt spikes for the fourth rack of my AV rack.

So all my DIY work is in semi finished stage.

yeah
i use the unprofessional couriers normally only for areas that gati doesnt deliver or when the parcel is small ( unbreakable - like a pack of spikes/feet/cones etc)

all cabs were shipped by GATI
only yours came by unprofessional
since it was shipped next day and gati comes to me only once a week for pickup

the pointed bolts are ready will ship later with your cab

about the extra long scews
im pretty sure that 4 nos were included inside the pass labs cab
were they not there? - the allen key type ones ?
you can use them on the front plate at least

@sasmit
dimns are in inches
customisation -
you will have to DEFINE what you mean by "little bit"
well i had have to individually customize each cab - then that defies the point of making the cabs in a lot doesnt it!

note : NOTHING in the sizes will be done

Last edited:
only yours came by unprofessional since it was shipped next day and gati comes to me only once a week for pickup
Hmm so I became the Guinna pig here.:sad:

about the extra long scews
im pretty sure that 4 nos were included inside the pass labs cab
were they not there? - the allen key type ones ?
you can use them on the front plate at least

Yeah there are 4 longer screws available bit I thought they are given for fixing the volume and selector knobs aren't they. If not, how do we fix the volume knobs?

BTW, what about the exchange of knobs? For your convenience, I'm listing out the members who have opted for your cabs and volume knobs and also listing the preferences: -

omishra
kroyin
svaze
captrajesh - I got 2 knobs, one beveled and one plain. Prefer both plain.
rikhav
gobble
doors666
joshephjohnt
gopib

Last edited:
Are there knobs inside? I did not open the complete packing itself. Only saw there some 3-leged box inside it.

@Magma: what would have to make it 4 feet? I am planning power amp and 220VA toroid makes it unstable.

Are there knobs inside? I did not open the complete packing itself. Only saw there some 3-leged box inside it.

@Magma: what would have to make it 4 feet? I am planning power amp and 220VA toroid makes it unstable.

3 legged feet are inherently stable. With 4 legged feet, You might need to adjust the various heights to make it stable and flat. Though if there is way too much weight, both might show some instability.

Back