Amp enclosures/chasis cabinets

also the face plate cannot be detatched and reattatched more than a couple times- Reason the side panel is aluminum extrusion and the self tapping threads in extrusions wear out if you use them too much
For this reason i will be including some extra long screws meant for the front panel ( in case the original threads wear out - use these extra long screws - they will make their own threads as you screw them in )
Hi Magma,
Can't we put some plastic plug inside excursion before putting screws? This can save some aluminum. There are many types, you know better.
basic example -
nylon-sleeve-wall-plugs-250x250.jpg

Also if whole needs to be widened or made then can't anybody mask all surface with masking tape and use power drill to work?

Regards,

Hi Doors666, what is the toggle switch for? I'm asking because you have already opted for making a hole in the front for the rotary switch.

In case somebody doesnt want to go for a rotary dial right away due to additional expense, they can use the hole at the back for a toggle switch.

In case somebody doesnt want to go for a rotary dial right away due to additional expense, they can use the hole at the back for a toggle switch.

How much extra expense for 2-pole, 2-position rotary switch (in place of toggle switch)? I feel everybody could move to that rotary switch.

How much extra expense for 2-pole, 2-position rotary switch (in place of toggle switch)? I feel everybody could move to that rotary switch.

I guess we can easily drop that option in that case. will make things simpler too. I will remove it from the document.

The following participants are yet to give their option:-

Omishra
Kroyin
Rikhav
Gobble
Josephjohnt
Gopib

Kindly exercise your options so that we can finalise.

Last edited:
Hi Magma,
Can't we put some plastic plug inside excursion before putting screws? This can save some aluminum. There are many types, you know better.
[/IMG]

Also if whole needs to be widened or made then can't anybody mask all surface with masking tape and use power drill to work?

Regards,

extrusion hole is too small to accomodate these ^^
its only 3mm in dia and can accomodate only an M4 screw of a self tapping screw or suitable threads ( however if using self tapping you have to be content with the regular screw driver head)

obviously masking can be done - that will decrease chances of all scratches
however - drilling the faceplate will require removing it - and that is what i want everyone to avoid as far as possible

but why cant everyone just opt for an expanded hole inthe front ( i.e 6.9mm ) and use the same for the dpdt or ip selector

sachin OM
does the expanded hole 6.9mm instead of 5.5mm look so much differnt ( i,e bad ? )

The following participants are yet to give their option:-

Omishra
Kroyin
Rikhav
Gobble
Josephjohnt
Gopib

Kindly exercise your options so that we can finalise.

yes please do this by the weekend
once i assemble the cabs - i will not accomodate requests

currently front ip selector hole stands at 5.5mm

rikhav is out
but
jaibir &
basawin are in
OM is opted for a bare bones

do this by the weekend
once i assemble the cabs - i will not accomodate requests

currently front ip selector hole stands at 5.5mm

rikhav is out
but
jaibir &
basawin are in
OM is opted for a bare bones

Ok updated the list here:

Kroyin
Gobble
Josephjohnt
Gopib

Guys, please exercise your options by clicking the relevant part of my signature.

Last edited:
Ok updated the list here:

Omishra
Kroyin
Jai1611
Gobble
Josephjohnt
Gopib
Baswamin

Guys, please exercise your options by clicking the relevant part of my signature.

Yes Captain, I opted for bare bone cab. Hence no hole except IEC power socket. Same for heat sink cab. I will drill rear holes as required and not tweaking faceplate.

Hi,

I have also update the sheet. I need one cab for b1 with the Y for all the options. to keep it simple. The second cab I need a bare bones one with the IEC socket.

7 people have opted for the 2nd hole on the face plate for the rotary switch (dia 6.9mm), additional aluminium knob for the roatry switch and additional holes for RCA plugs to make it a total of four inputs.

Two people want bare bone cabinet. Two are yet to exercise their option.

@Magma, you can take your call accordingly.

7 people have opted for the 2nd hole on the face plate for the rotary switch (dia 6.9mm), additional aluminium knob for the roatry switch and additional holes for RCA plugs to make it a total of four inputs.

Two people want bare bone cabinet. Two are yet to exercise their option.

@Magma, you can take your call accordingly.

to ALL

the bare bones guys are fine, since i have kept their cabs seperate and are not included in this batch of deliveries

now there are 10 PAss B1 cabs

Captrajesh
Stereorules
svaze
Doors666
Kroyin
Jai1611
Gobble
Josephjohnt
Gopib
Baswamin

out of the above only kroyin and joseph john have opted not to enlarge the front hole
i can do that for them- i suppose ( i will have to make sure their 2 cabs are kept seperate)

Now they have also voted no NO extra inputs
HOWEVER that is not possible-
(i didnt understad why there was voting for this -because this was NEVER an option)
i had stated very early in the thread that i will be giving 4 inputs to ALL
NOT less NOT more

kroyin, joseph
im sorry
you have to find a way to fill up the extra ip holes

@magma, i will go with the standard cabinet with holes. i just realized after captain pm'ed that i could use the selector and additional inputs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back