Amp for my new Paradigm Monitor 7 FS :)

LOL ..... don't want to spoil him. or rather spoil his ears. :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

LOL.. now im really afraid im in search for that sound.. :D
So will try my best to NOT hear into that never ending trap :)

"Let there be Peace....." :D

Klipsch with the Horn tweeter is going to sound way brighter so if it was used as a benchmark then the Paradigm's are going to sound warmer. .
It could be the reason .

Kittu.. Since you have the exact same speakers that the OP has. How would you describe the sound signature

Aha....!!! that explains it :) Thanks Flash for the revelation.. :)

Monitor 7s produce a very strong and forward sound. On their own they are a little lean on the bass extn ,nothing too bothering but definitely will push you to add a sub in future. The speakers are detailed , dynamic and fast too. There is a bit of lack of bass when compare to the PSB image series , but again what you pay is what you get. Add the sub and set the xover more than 80 (which is THX recommendation) they sound more full bodied. AVRs like Onkyo , Yamaha will make the experience more brighter , forward and at times little too harsh n boomy. So probably adding something like NAD or marantz will be more sublime sound signature. However when I tried with NAD 326bee amp , vocals were way too loud and I was completely missing details. May be need to try with 350 and above series. I would say these are highpowered bookshelfs not really a big sized floorstanding speakers.

Again a lot of things depend on source, amplification , cables and room acoustics/placement. So best is to try out and let the speakers tell you more about them. :)

A tiny 8inch or a 10inch sealed or front ported sub will add the additional bass that is missing. Again its personal choice.

Last edited:
Monitor 7s produce a very strong and forward sound. On their own they are a little lean on the bass extn ,nothing too bothering but definitely will push you to add a sub in future. The speakers are detailed , dynamic and fast too. There is a bit of lack of bass when compare to the PSB image series , but again what you pay is what you get. Add the sub and set the xover more than 80 (which is THX recommendation) they sound more full bodied. AVRs like Onkyo , Yamaha will make the experience more brighter , forward and at times little too hards n boomy. So probably adding something like NAD or marantz will be more sublime sound signature. However when I tried with NAD 326bee amp , vocals were way too loud and I was completely missing details. May be need to try with 350 and above series. I would say these are highpowered bookshelfs not really a big sized floorstanding speakers.

Again a lot of things depend on source, amplification , cables and room acoustics/placement. So best is to try out and let the speakers tell you more about them. :)

A tiny 8inch or a 10inch sealed or front ported sub will add the additional bass that is missing. Again its personal choice.

Thanks! That is some really valuable information. :)

I found the bass just about adequate for my liking... :) as I am primarily into classical, semi-classical and softer music genres, at times pop. (not into hiphop, house, etc) :)

Thanks again for the really helpful inputs. It really helps! :)

Hi Kittu,
I will be going for auditions next weekend.
So, can you please advice some specific models which I should give priority to.
I can try to talk with local shops and see if they can arrange those.

Thanks in advance!

Actually we also heard the Klipsch along with the Paradigms.. and we definately found the Klipsch giving much "brighter" sound. So, it may very well be a relative comparison that we are making :) Is it so?

Klipsch's are notoriously bright and gives me headache in minutes.
Are you into hard rock or metallica kind of sound? If yes, the paradigms will not suffice.
It may we be your room too.

Did you try the monitor audios?

BTW, do try out the Flash's Arcams. Never heard them but people's opinion is that its better than NAD and Marantz. He was planning to sell them. Not sure of the current status though.

Last edited:
@rohitmusic: Why not let your ears be the best judge? Would love to host you anytime. I guess even Flash won't mind a Dark Forest brewed by yours truly over some auditioning?

What say?

Paradigm speakers are the most balanced speakers I have ever heard. I had auditioned monitor 7 with denon 1611 while auditioning monitor 9. The speakers sounded great when paired with denon, as it is too is a well balanced amp suited for both movies and music. I never liked Yamaha amps, and onkyo is suited for movies whereas marantz is the way to go if you're looking to play music. But if you're going to play both, choose denon. Try and search a pre-owned denon 1911 or 1611(given your budget). Also, there's one Jamo avr corElement is selling for 25k. You might want to check that thread out.

While choosing, keep in mind that your budget is a bit low for a new amp as it won't do justice to the floorstanders. So, look at pre-owned options preferably in this forum as audiophiles maintain their equipment quite well.

Last edited:
Since you have already bought the Monitor 7 so treat this as an FYI :) If you felt that the high end was lacking detail then you are aligned with how I felt for Monitor 7 during my demo. Hence the reason I bought the Monitor 9s. I drive them the M9s with 1911 and they have not disappointed me. Yes, not the right speakers for metal but otherwise, simply superb.

My 2 cents.

@rohitmusic: Why not let your ears be the best judge? Would love to host you anytime. I guess even Flash won't mind a Dark Forest brewed by yours truly over some auditioning?

What say?

Hmm. Would like to audition as much as possible before deciding on the amp/avr. So, this sounds to be a good idea. Only thing is these being FS carrying them around is going to be a task in itself.. hehe :D

Klipsch's are notoriously bright and gives me headache in minutes.
Are you into hard rock or metallica kind of sound? If yes, the paradigms will not suffice.
It may we be your room too.

Did you try the monitor audios?

BTW, do try out the Flash's Arcams. Never heard them but people's opinion is that its better than NAD and Marantz. He was planning to sell them. Not sure of the current status though.

Im mostly into semi-classical, pop, ARR. At max 80s rock (scorpions, etc). So I found these speakers to be just apt for my taste.

Yup, the demo room was small indeed with no acoustic treatment and there was definitely some impact.

Hmm.. Flash has already given open invitation to try his stuff including the arcam. (Helpful as always ;) ) I will try to hear it out.

Thanks!

What say?

Hm.. would be nice to hear it out. Will try to get a plan going.

OK, here is a crazy idea..
Ive heard about bi-amping.. (I know the Paradigm monitor 7s support it)
So, If I do bi-amping with two really affordable amps (say norge 2060 or 1000) then would the resulting SQ be better than going the single amp in the 25k range route?

P.S: I am a complete novice in this field and this question may actually be a dumb one, but logically thinking would it be a good option too..?
Thanks for your kind understanding! :)

Rohit, if you wanna listen to Monitor 9 with CA 650A then you can come to my place anytime.. you can bring you monitor 7 to see how they sound with CA..

I feel Paradigm is lil bright speakers.. Right now my setup is bright so just giving some time to these speakers with CA.. but again that's personal preference.. some people like bright sound.. if i feel later that CA is not a perfect match then I'll start looking for other amps to match with these speakers.. BTW m also in a queue to listen to these speakers with Flash's Arcam amp.. :D

Rohit, if you wanna listen to Monitor 9 with CA 650A then you can come to my place anytime.. you can bring you monitor 7 to see how they sound with CA..

I feel Paradigm is lil bright speakers.. Right now my setup is bright so just giving some time to these speakers with CA.. but again that's personal preference.. some people like bright sound.. if i feel later that CA is not a perfect match then I'll start looking for other amps to match with these speakers.. BTW m also in a queue to listen to these speakers with Flash's Arcam amp.. :D

Thanks Sagar, would definitely like to catch up with you to listen to this CA combination with the paradigms, will try to arrange my monitor 7s. Will keep you posted of the plan. Thanks for the kind inviation. Appreciate it! :)

Ooohh, quite a Paradigm crowd in Pune. Maybe I should return to the city at the earliest ! :( Please do post your Arcam experience on this thread.

Thanks Sagar, would definitely like to catch up with you to listen to this CA combination with the paradigms, will try to arrange my monitor 7s. Will keep you posted of the plan. Thanks for the kind inviation. Appreciate it! :)

Anytime dude.. :)

There's a used Emotiva amp with the dealer (from where u got ur speakers), why dont u try that with your speakers.. may be u like it.. there's no harm in giving it a try.. rite.. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back