Any single malt afficionados here?

Irish?

Cadenhead, Tyrconnell, Knappogue , Locke's and Midleton( New Distillery) are what Jim Murray recommends in his Whisky Bible.

Midleton is the same distillery as redbreast and green spot. The others, I have never heard of. Many thanks!! Will try my luck if I can get hold of one or two of these. Still want 2-3 to be able to do a decent comparison.

Also bought a set of glencairn glasses. Not sure if it is fluff or or for real, but the shape and size does encourage one to taste rather than glug.

While on it why not try the Japanese ones as well? Yamazaki and Nikka are Suntory's brands and rated very good, and there are also some lesser known ones. I'm hoping to sample them when I visit the US later this month.

How is Baileys Irish Cream?

Bailey's? Try this:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (Don't see any good local options other than Milkmaid)
1 cup Irish Whiskey (Jameson's good)
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract (The best possible)
1 teaspoon chocolate extract or molten chocolate. (Get Belgian or Swiss if you can get your hands on. Personally, I prefer dark.)
1/2 teaspoon coconut cream (or any other flavor that you would like to add. Personally, hate mint in Irish cream)
2 tablespoons Nescafe
1 cup double-cream

Blend everything except the cream till it's smooth and even. Add cream and blend for a few seconds more and you're done. You'll never buy Bailey's again...:cool:

P.S: I discovered this recipe, of all places, in another audio forum. :eek:hyeah:

P.P.S: Apologies for the OT...

Man What could be the outcome of this?

Bailey's? Try this:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (Don't see any good local options other than Milkmaid)
1 cup Irish Whiskey (Jameson's good)
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract (The best possible)
1 teaspoon chocolate extract or molten chocolate. (Get Belgian or Swiss if you can get your hands on. Personally, I prefer dark.)
1/2 teaspoon coconut cream (or any other flavor that you would like to add. Personally, hate mint in Irish cream)
2 tablespoons Nescafe
1 cup double-cream

Blend everything except the cream till it's smooth and even. Add cream and blend for a few seconds more and you're done. You'll never buy Bailey's again...:cool:

P.S: I discovered this recipe, of all places, in another audio forum. :eek:hyeah:

P.P.S: Apologies for the OT...

Guys I have been deputed to US and staying in NJ. So wanted to try many of new trends which I haven't had before... So any suggestion welcome...

While on it why not try the Japanese ones as well? Yamazaki and Nikka are Suntory's brands and rated very good, and there are also some lesser known ones. I'm hoping to sample them when I visit the US later this month.

I tried yamazaki earlier, although I was not trying to analyze it or compare it. To be a bit honest, it underwhelmed a bit, but I would like to try again. I have also seen that unless I am comparing at least two brands side by side, opinions become quite unreliable.

Guys I have been deputed to US and staying in NJ. So wanted to try many of new trends which I haven't had before... So any suggestion welcome...

The two biggest trends (and what USA can legitimately be proud of) are the small batch beer and whiskeys. On a side note, NY tap water is supposed to be one of the best tasting in the world (there's even a company that sells bottled NY tap water), so the small batch booze should be good too :p

I tried to do an a/b comparison between tullamore dew and redbreast. Tullamore in itself was a very good performer for the price. But redbreast was a revelation. It is the smoothest whiskey I have ever tasted. Very refined, not peaty at all but more like the non Islay varieties, but also different from the other single malts I have had in my limited experience. Almost oily in terms of texture and smoothness but in a really good way. I could also get a significant cask smell. For the first time, I could make out why people appreciate good whiskeys. And this is despite the fact that I succumbed and ended up having it with a couple of cubes of ice.

tasting-notes-japanese-whisky-gear-patrol-lead-full-v3.jpg

Tasted all of them. The Yamazaki is my pick!

Spotted a new single malt at the Dubai Airport Duty Free this time. Will share how it is when I open it (have a couple of others bottles in the queue :)D)

yzunyquj.jpg

A remarkable coincidence-a school friend gifted me the same bottle a few years ago!

Very nice Single Malt. Had seen it in shops but never bothered to buy.
Had it sitting in my bar for a few weeks until I opened it yesterday.

Not sure if it was the Jura or if I was tired but I was asleep after my second peg.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back