AVR Recommendation please

baijuxavior

Hi, after going through hifivision for a couple of days, I have decided to select a avr. I have shortlisted a few. Pls suggest which one should i go for.
1. Onkyo 508 28k
2. Denon 1611 31.5k
3. Yamaha 467 27.5k

The quoted prices is without discount/bargain.
I think onkyo 508 is a steal as it is 7.1

Please suggest.

I have had an Onkyo and traded in for a Denon. While my model numbers were different from what you're asking, I felt the Denon was better. Again your choice will go down to what you hear. And that my friend has a lot to do with your room setup, speakers and interconnects and cabling. What are the makes of the other components that you you will mate your AVR to? And are you thinking more music than movies?

I want to connect a bd player, hdd player and hd dth to the receiver. So 70% video 30% audio. I have not decided on the speaker system yet. Which speaker systems will complement them?. price range 20-25k. I think denon is 5.1, isn't it?.

^^around 38-39k AFAIK.....its a really good avr with pre-outs as well,so that u can add a power amp later down the line to improve the muscle of the avr.None of the other avrs u have shortlisted has this feature but consider it as a buying point only if u intend to do so at some point of time.

Also,did u audition any avrs yet?

No. I am new to avrs. Maximum i can afford is 30k. So suggest a good one in this price range. As i said I will be using it more for movie watching and occasional music listening.

Oh k, do audition all the 3 and decide then....don't go blindfolded though Onkyo are known to have better steering ability with movie channels.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back