Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

If we are considering 25+ members it could be difficult to manage in even a big house. What about the option of hiring a small convention center? AFAIK the daily rent falls in the range of 3 to 4k.

Regds...

You mean marriage hall? Where everyone can get secretly married to their favorite audio gear (without their wives coming to know of it) :licklips:
A mass wedding ... Swayamwar... :eek:hyeah:

Somebody better check with an astrologer about the muharat. :)

:)

If we are considering 25+ members it could be difficult to manage in even a big house. What about the option of hiring a small convention center? AFAIK the daily rent falls in the range of 3 to 4k.

Regds...

What exactly is this meet about? Do we just gather up and discuss all things Hi-Fi or will some of you guys actually get your HT gear so that we get to experience them? If the latter is true, then will you fellows actually get your heavy HT equipment and set them up in the convention hall? :confused:

Sorry, never been to a HFV meet before.

I guess if someone has access to a club, we could get a mini hall where acoustics can be better managed.

We could decide if we want only audio or only video kind of meet so we could be a bit more focused.

Based on the agenda, we could then get volunteers for the equipment.

I guess if someone has access to a club, we could get a mini hall where acoustics can be better managed.

We could decide if we want only audio or only video kind of meet so we could be a bit more focused.

Based on the agenda, we could then get volunteers for the equipment.

Last meet was mainly on audio, IMHO it would be ideal to have focus on video this time.

A small banquet hall is another possibility, anyone know a budget place with good parking facilities?

BTW one friend of mine did an exhibition of his paintings in a small hall at St.Marks road. He said the rent was 3.5k. I can inquire about the facilities but there is a small catch that it's attached to a religious congregation, we need to keep the decibel levels under control :rolleyes:.

Another small hall with parking facilities is available near Ulsoor with rent falling within Rs.3000.

We need to decide dates for the meet, agenda, equipment esp. if we are looking at booking a hall.

George can you create a poll in this thread itself for Sundays 27 Feb/6 Mar/16 March and see what works?

George and Santhosh, I think space will be a constraint, I would guess we would have around 20-25 ppl based on the numbers we saw the previous time

Dear All,

If its 06/Mar/11 then i too would love to be part of the Banglore meet (if the place can accomodate one more person ) as I will be in banglore for two weeks official trip duing that time :)

I would like to join in too. And if there is any legwork to be done, I am willing to do my part.

A cheap marriage hall might be a bad idea if folks are to bring in their expensive equipment. If everyone is willing to shell out some money, we could rent a hall in a decent hotel in a non CBD area.

There are cricket matches in Bangalore on Feb 27th, Mar 6th and Mar 16th. I don't follow cricket, but these dates may not work for everyone. Besides, the security will be tight and you don't want to drive around with lots of electronics. Bangalore has its share of Jihadis and I can't blame the police for being extra cautious.

-Dinesh.

If it is for 25-30 people, i can give the place (a mini audi) which is in heart of Bangalore. Also can manage the meet professionally. George PM you # we will talk.

Raghu

Will await your PM.

With IPL over( too much hype over it in my opinion!), we should plan and do it soon. I am not free after July 7th for some time, so if e can do it over one of the next three weekends count me in.

If we can get a headcount it will give us some idea about the expected participants. I am confident that this time the turnout will be more than last year.

Cheers

Ok here's the latest. Raghu has very kindly offered use of a fully equipped auditorium in Indiranagar. To decide we need the following info as soon as possible, so please indicate interest:

1. Who are the members/friends of members interested in participating? We need a headcount.

2. What are your areas of interest?

3.We need a volunteer like Santhosh last time( Santhosh are you free?) to help plan the agenda

4. What is the most convenient date? It will be on a Sunday, for me personally either June 25 or July 2 will work.

Thanks

Gr8 initative George, it has been a while since we all met.

Ok here's the latest. Raghu has very kindly offered use of a fully equipped auditorium in Indiranagar.
Thanks Raghu for your kind gesture.

3.We need a volunteer like Santhosh last time( Santhosh are you free?) to help plan the agenda

4. What is the most convenient date? It will be on a Sunday, for me personally either June 25 or July 2 will work.

Sure George, happy to help plan and co-ordinate the meet. Enjoyed it last time. However, any date August onwards works for me as I am taking up a professional certification exam end July and need to prepare for that.

Hi George,

Yup the turnout will be more this year... I've put on weight so there'll be more of me at least!!! :D

Though seriously, there seem to be many new guys on the forum since the last meet so it should be good to meet a bunch of new enthusiasts! Most probably I'm in. My area of interest is vinyl and tubes so I'll be glad to answer any vinyl related queries people may have, along with other vinyl lovers in Bangalore who might be attending.

If someone volunteers to get a TT and a solid state phono, I can get Viren's phonostage so guys can hear the difference between tubes and solid state phonostage. I think someone here had the Lehmann black cube... was it Santosh?

If August onwards is the date, I'm planning to get Viren's headphone amp, so can get that for the meet and guys can get their headphones to see how it is.

regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back