Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

I think we need to first try and set a date/dates. There are a couple of options that we can consider, thanks to Raghu. These are subject to being firmed up, of course. One is the smaller auditorium in Indiranagar, and another is a larger one Whitefield. I plan to meet him in a few days and check out the Indiranagar one and if someone can volunteer to run the poll we can get an idea about possible participants and dates, prefer a Sunday. I'm perfectly okay with the second half/late August too.

We also need people to express interest in what they are looking for -do they want to audition, to meet, to have a presentation, to have a demo or two? Mostly audio, mostly video? Snacks? lunch? Half day, three quarter day?

George,

I thinks let all members answer this simple 4 items, so that we can have more clarity to work ahead.

--------------------------------------------------
1. Preferred Date -

2. I want to -

3. My interest -

4. Expectation -
--------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
1. Preferred date, give 2-3 options
2. Meet, audition, do presentation, demo, etc
3. Audio, video, etc
4. What do you expect to take back from the meet?

1. Preferred Dates - 13th, 14th, 15th August 2011

2. I want to - Meet, audition and demo systems

3. My interest - 2-ch audio, specifically but not limited to DIY, DAC, Vinyl...

4. Expectation - Chance to listen to as many different set-ups as possible and exchange of ideas

Preferred Dates - 30 July/6th Aug/13 Aug

Areas of Interest - Movies (Audio/Video)

Expectation/Topics of Interest - Comparison of equipments (audio/video); Placement sessions;

Can lug most of my equipment if it makes sense for comparisons

Hi,

Preferred Dates - Any Weekend

Areas of Interest - Tube / Full Range speakers / Horn / Class A / TT

Expectation/Topics of Interest - Auditions of different combinations, Knowledge sharing.

Kindly count me in.

Thank you

If someone volunteers to get a TT and a solid state phono, I can get Viren's phonostage so guys can hear the difference between tubes and solid state phonostage. I think someone here had the Lehmann black cube... was it Santosh?
No worries Steve, I can get my Lehmann Audio Black Cube.

Hi,

Thanks for the initative, i am a newbie, apologies i dont have any equipment to bring for the meet

1. Preferred Dates - any saturday or sunday

2. I want to - Meet, audition and demo systems

3. My interest - 2-channel audio set-up

4. Expectation - Chance to listen to as many different set-ups

Cheers

Charan

Another Newbie willing to join in.

1. Preferred Dates - any sunday. preferably sunday morning or noon
2. I want to - Meet the gurus and noobies, auditioning comes second :D

3. My interest - Music, Movies and Gaming gear.

4. Expectation - To learn something to better my lmusic/mvie experience.

There is a new theatre at Whitefield called "jagriti" .. its attached to a all day dining restaurant called " Fat Chef". We could try to get a slot with them from sunday morning to noon if possible? ...

A lot of new apartment complexes have club houses. whether something can be arranged there and all of us pitch in for light refreshments .. something post lunch pre dinner types? . .

Just a thought :D

1. Preferred Dates - any weekend

2. I want to - Check out the DIY scene in Bangalore

3. My interest - Blues and Jazz. Tube equipment.

4. Expectation - To learn from the gurus how to use tools such as hornresp.

Count me in

1. Preferred Dates - any weekend..
2. I want to - meet the gurus..
3. My interest - Music, Movies....
4. Expectation - to learn something...
5. contribution - can volunteer in the process

Hi Folks,

This email is from Raghu's office(Anutone) in Indiranagar. There are two excellent venues here, to have our Bangalore Hifivision Meeting, one is a theater style fully equipped auditorium, seating about 35+, and another is a smaller conference room for smaller groups (10-12).

Raghu very kindly offered use of the place free of cost, provided it is on a Sunday. In addition, Santhosh has offered to set up the agenda for the day.

The first two steps are:

1.Which Sunday-August 7th or August 14th

2. Do we want to have a half day session from, say 10AM-1.30PM or 2PM-6PM or a full day session, say 10-5PM?

The duration will depend on various things-people bringing gear to audition, presentations by knowledgeable participants, the number of information sessions we can fit in, etc.

Please respond, first stating your preference for date, so that the venue can be reserved early.

Cheers

Raghu and George

Folks

At this time we plan to have two events, the first one is the Bangalore Hifimeet, and then as a follow up we will have a half day DIY workshop. Accordingly I am linking this thread to the other diy one.The idea is since all participants for the first event may not be interested in DIY, so we will use the first event to gauge interest, pinpoint areas of specific interest, and ask people to register, so that we can decide on the format, duration, areas of interest etc.

Can we request everyone to now indicate dates of interest so that Santhosh can start planning the sessions. In addition, the theater style auditorium being on the second floor, we need volunteers to bring some small/light gear for auditioning there.-bookshelves, smaller solid state amps and the like.

The venue offered by Raghu(Anutone's office) is a good well equipped location with an OHP for presentations, more than enough seating etc. The bonus is that they are offering it free!

Thanks Raghu!

George

Suggestions welcome.

Some more points:

We have a warm up introduction session while awaiting the arrival of people from different parts of town(Bangalore traffic, ugh!)

We plan to have short presentations-I suggest about 15-20 mins max, followed by Q & A on various subjects. If the Q &A is about 15-10 mins, we can complete the presentation in about 35-45 mins. It is desirable to use the projector during the presentation, so we need a laptop. ( Raghu?)

Can we have people who would like to make presentations step and volunteer, with their subject of choice?

There is also a conference room on the ground floor which can seat about 12 people, where we can also have discussions/presentation or audition equipment.

Cheers

George

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back