Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money

heliumflight

Hi TV Gurus,

I'm planning to secretly gift my wife an LCD TV on this Diwali and want your advice that will befits my needs below.

Best 32" LCD TV quality/ value for money
  • Room size:10X15
  • Viewing distance: 8 feet
  • Good after sales service

Kindest regards

LG 32LH70 - about 40- 42k
Panny LE8 / LE10: about 30k
Panny X15 - u will have to wait for a couple of weeks for this to get into showroom: about 42k

Today i bought LG 32LF20FR Full HD 1080p LCD TV for Rs.32000 with Airtel DTH with 3 months subscription in E-Zone Bangalore.

I think this is the cheapest Full HD LCD TV you can buy. I was impressed with picture quality. MRP on the sticker was 37990 and later sales guy confirmed it as 35K after talking to some one. When they were generating bill, system was showing 32K. All in all its a wonderful deal IMO.

I was also considering Samsung LA32B530 Full HD in 32" and Sony KLV550A (HD Ready) but i found LG displaying clear picture.

All the best.

Helium, Look for a HD Ready model, at 32, there is no way you will find a difference between HD Ready and Full HD even if you play a Blu Ray content. It just that too many market misnomers exist that says Full HD is best at all sizes.

Full HD makes a difference at 50 and above to be honest, and to an extent at 42 (very minor even that).

The Pana LE is a perfect VFM at this price range and can be negotiated for 30k easily

Full HD makes a difference at 50 and above to be honest, and to an extent at 42 (very minor even that).

The Pana LE is a perfect VFM at this price range and can be negotiated for 30k easily

which LE panasonic model are you recommending VFM with my above requirements

Check out Pany X10 or X11.

I think you can get X10 for 30k... It has better features that LE8 / LE10.

If u can shell out 10k more, I would recommend X15 which has 100Hz technology

which LE panasonic model are you recommending VFM with my above requirements

LE10 is a VFM model and with X10 at 30k, I am sure u can bargain for a lower price. I am out of the price race now so dont know whats the current deal. Diwali must get you a good deal. But if the difference btw X10 and Le10 is less 2k go for X10 and look for X15 if performance is main

LE10 is a VFM model and with X10 at 30k, I am sure u can bargain for a lower price. I am out of the price race now so dont know whats the current deal. Diwali must get you a good deal. But if the difference btw X10 and Le10 is less 2k go for X10 and look for X15 if performance is main

Hi MBR,

Can you tell me price of X15?In Mumbai still old pany models are sold.(just checked in Croma)Even 37S10?

The Panny I have seen, the LE8 has a dull black bezel. Can anyone tell me if the X10 has a glossy black bezel or is it dull?

Last edited:
The Panny I have seen, the LE8 has a dull black bezel. Can anyone tell me if the X10 has a glossy black bezel or is it dull?

I prefer a dull/matt finish as it doesn't reflect light unlike gloss finish. This becomes irritating sometimes when we have light in the room.

Understand the end user - wife may like TV which looks better on wall than TV with better picture.
If it is 32 Inch see if you get LG scarlett - If you get older generation one too ,it will be agood buy. IMHO it is one the flashiest design.

Again ladies gravitate towards sony so you can give her basic Sony 32 Inch HD Ready TV - Forget picture quality the name "sony' is enough to put your weight!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

IMHO ( no offence meant) Ladies generally go for asthetics and image ,men more towards functionality!

Again ladies gravitate towards sony so you can give her basic Sony 32 Inch HD Ready TV - Forget picture quality the name "sony' is enough to put your weight!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

IMHO ( no offence meant) Ladies generally go for asthetics and image ,men more towards functionality!

I can vouch for it :D
Took my wife to a showroom to compare & choose a LCD TV. She chose a Sony W series because it had a good looking exteriors & design ....& because it had the name Sony :eek:hyeah:

Buddy I gave my wife a vintage 30 yr old swiss Automatic watch. She was fed up as this requires initial shaking and re-setting.

Now it seems there was some issues with it ,she took the watch to some **** repairer and that bugger fitted a chinese quartz movement! And my wife was happy as there are no winding and time setting issues!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Also my wife told me that my Pio 610 is not "matching"that means silver colour is different than rest of the gear!

Also I was enlightning one of my lady colleugues about different VFM laptops...Now I am a HP-Compaq fanboy and my collegue had budget of 35-40 K. She went with her hubby and bought a 50 K + Sony Vaio!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Six month back i bought lx80 from kohinoor ,vashi,mumbai for 29000/-,and i m steel
happy with my choice ,thanx to forum member.
REGARDS

Any problems with the Panny in this period? I am confused between Panny X10, X15 and Sony V550.
X10 is costing @ 30k, whereas V550 is 43k. Diff 13 is i think is quite high.
Have seen some comments on some other forums @ panny Tvs stopping to work after the warranty period and hence wanted to check...

On second thoughts, even if Sony stops working after warranty, the situation would be same I guess :(.... So why not panny.... That's the reason I am lookung for user experiences.
Sometimes, the competitors play this trick and post comments in such forums to downplay a good product.

For checking the support mechanism, I wrote to both Sony and Panasonic, and surprisingly, got a response from Panasonic in one day, but no response from Sony (other than just an automated email).
With this, I tend to incline towards panny. At least I am saving a decent amount initially. Anyway if bad luck is coming your way, you would have saved some moeny for that, isn't it?

Regards,
Anand

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back