BEST CAR AUDIO SHOPS in Bangalore

the GTo's will clip at a 30 volume level since they are 2 ohm speakers
but why would you play it so loud?

laid back look at Illusion electras or bull audio or Infinity components in the budget class
6-8k

If you are going a step higher there are Infinity Perfect 6 , Rainbows, DLS and Focals(the focals arent very laid back thouhg) at above 12k

For amps theres Kenwood and Blaupunkt Ground Zero for budget amps and Infinity,Ground Zero,DLS,JL,Alpine(original) and Audison for mid fi budgets

Thanks kittu for this thread.

Hi magma, rallynut and santhol, Need your expert advice

I want to gift a setup for my brother's i-10 car. this is pending for quite sometime now because i got busy setting up my own home stereo 2-ch setup.

My budget is around 20k can stretch max to 25k. Looking for some decent setup - good SQ and bluetooth ability to recieve calls thru HU.
He is music crazy but not yet affected by HFV virus, so does not know anything about Hifi gadgets. His music collection is of SPB, Yesudas, Ilayaraja, Old malayalam/tamil songs,Carnatic, Kishore, Rafi etc.

hey thanks brother...that's really sweet of you...i can meet you tomorrow morning with my i10...btw...ur got my music taste wrong but never mind :eek:hyeah:

hey thanks brother...that's really sweet of you...i can meet you tomorrow morning with my i10...btw...ur got my music taste wrong but never mind :eek:hyeah:

:) come over . . . but I am going to keep your existing system with me....
I'm sure that one would be much more expensive than my budget...

@soulforged,..lol!!

@all,magma couldnt have answered the queries any better!!!!thanks magma,as always a thoughtful and detailed post.cheers

@kittu and others,ur budget must dictate the kind of setup that u get.each budget has components that will fit the bill,each setup will be that little different,not to mention the car environ is a difficult one to tame.of course,the truly fabulous setups have so much money in them,not worth it unless u have a pile of cash lying around waiting to fill someone else's pockets!!oh,a monoblock for the sub and a 2/4 ch amp for the comps will be killer and a bass tube/band pass enclosure for the sub if ur into hip hop,etc.do look up soomoku.com for some active subs,very vfm.also,do follow magma's pointers,even santhol has some great stuff in his car.

my install cost ~24k without the HU,and thats where my comfort zone was.true,could have gone with much better brands like focal/rainbow/dls but,i didnt.didnt make sense to me :rolleyes:.plus,most importantly,..when ur listening to the raw,intoxicating,exhaust note of a 2x2x1 free flow doing its thing in 3rd gear at 6500 rpm(just before the rev limiter kicks in spoiling the fun :mad:),does one really start looking/listening to nuances in the music/midbass/soundstage/imaging/etc :p???!!!just my 4 annas :lol:.that said,u all are more than welcome to audition my pioneer/crunch/boston acoustics setup in my getz.days of tweaking gone by,and its now a very,very clean and nice sounding rig.just need an alpine HU,and its gonna be fabulous :clapping:!!!cheers

Last edited:
@soulforged,..lol!!

@all,magma couldnt have answered the queries any better!!!!thanks magma,as always a thoughtful and detailed post.cheers

@kittu and others,ur budget must dictate the kind of setup that u get.each budget has components that will fit the bill,each setup will be that little different,not to mention the car environ is a difficult one to tame.of course,the truly fabulous setups have so much money in them,not worth it unless u have a pile of cash lying around waiting to fill someone else's pockets!!oh,a monoblock for the sub and a 2/4 ch amp for the comps will be killer and a bass tube/band pass enclosure for the sub if ur into hip hop,etc.do look up soomoku.com for some active subs,very vfm.also,do follow magma's pointers,even santhol has some great stuff in his car.

my install cost ~24k without the HU,and thats where my comfort zone was.true,could have gone with much better brands like focal/rainbow/dls but,i didnt.didnt make sense to me :rolleyes:.plus,most importantly,..when ur listening to the raw,intoxicating,exhaust note of a 2x2x1 free flow doing its thing at 6500 rpm(just before the rev limiter kicks in spoiling the fun :mad:),does one really start looking/listening to nuances in the music/midbass/soundstage/imaging/etc :p???!!!just my 4 annas :lol:.that said,u all are more than welcome to audition my pioneer/crunch/boston acoustics setup in my getz.days of tweaking gone by,and its now a very,very clean and nice sounding rig.just need an alpine HU,and its gonna be fabulous :clapping:!!!cheers

yes, rallynut - your ride does everything right - from the (free flow) exhaust note at the limit - and the ICE - SUPERB!!!

HAD A NICE TIME - driving your car - and listening to it!!! - THANKS:)

final question on this thread to all the experts ... which place can I find alpine head units.... most places including satya(EVO) said no alpines available.......

Please answer this and I am done finalizing my setup.

zilliooooooooon thanks to all of u

Kittu..:clapping:

Alpine HU with bluetooth say bye bye to your budget
try at the installers ive recommended

if youre gonna listen to heavy metal and hip hop especially in mp3 format you wont notice the difference

yes, rallynut - your ride does everything right - from the (free flow) exhaust note at the limit - and the ICE - SUPERB!!!

HAD A NICE TIME - driving your car - and listening to it!!! - THANKS:)

LOL,thanks suri,which is why i hand over the keys the moment i step in kannur :eek:hyeah:!!!!cheers

Got my swift this weekend and installed the AUDIO from Satya...(EVO)

Here is the list of items I got installed.

1. KENWOOD 7046BT (Works with iphone nice)
2. Focal Poly Glass component speakers
3. Crunch 1400 W 4 channel amp
4. Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer..... (really found a fit for punch music)
5. SorXXX (cables) hehe I forgot the name.
6. MDF rings and damping done . Sub mounted on rear trunk sidewall with wooden plank.

Over all sound is :yahoo: lil ratling on doors but satya said drive for 2 days you may find more things note down all of them and comeback we will fix everything .... Budget touched 40k..............spiceyyyyyyyyyyyyy :sad:

Many thanks to magma , rallynut , santhol2 and others participated......

now my hunt begins for a Pair of bookshelvs + Sub for my new Onkyo 608 AVR .....

:clapping: thanks again all of you... let me know if u need a ride :rolleyes:

Kittu

congrats kittu on the install,enjoy the music!!!!!!!yes,the cables are probably(are!!!) the wiring kit from scosche.cheers

Last edited:
now my hunt begins for a Pair of bookshelvs + Sub for my new Onkyo 608 AVR .....

:clapping: thanks again all of you... let me know if u need a ride :rolleyes:

Kittu

Congratulations Kittu!

Will "audition" your new music system when you come to pick up the 608 from me in Chennai:)

I see that you have already moved down to bookshelves from floorstanders for the 608. But then, we will discuss that in the thread you started for selecting speakers for the 608.

Congrats again, enjoy your ICE!

Congratulations Kittu!

Will "audition" your new music system when you come to pick up the 608 from me in Chennai:)

I see that you have already moved down to bookshelves from floorstanders for the 608. But then, we will discuss that in the thread you started for selecting speakers for the 608.

Congrats again, enjoy your ICE!

Thanks thekinge , Sure can audition and take few spins in the car .... Coming to the point of moving down to bookshelves not really yet.... But confusion all arround .... Hey on other note I need few more suggestions on placement of speakers I have posted my Qs on other thread... Please have a look and respond.....

Many thanks all of you
Kittu

Hi Everyone,

Have you forgotton or not aware of AutoFushion? I am in the process of doing my ICE with them and so far the experience is quite good. I replaced the stock speakers with Hertz DSK 165 system speakers, Hertz EP 4 amp and soon going for Alpine CDE-203E HU.

I did like the way they did the install, took special care for the damping, electrical installation etc. The owner (Mr Thouqeer Khan) supervised every step and tuned the system to suit my liking and did a final testing before handing me the car.

For those who are not aware of AutoFushion, they are located at Koramangala, near the Koramangala club. They have also opened a shop at the Forum.

nitin no one has forgotten them

they are bloody superb ( especially anwar) at fibre glass installs

i think they are probably one of the best when it comes to FG

Hi Everyone,

Have you forgotton or not aware of AutoFushion? .......
.............For those who are not aware of AutoFushion, they are located at Koramangala, near the Koramangala club. They have also opened a shop at the Forum.

nitin no one has forgotten them

they are bloody superb ( especially anwar) at fibre glass installs

i think they are probably one of the best when it comes to FG

I have know Anwar for the last 15+ years and he is undoubtedly the king when it comes to ICE installs. I am sure even Satya will not take offence if I said Anwar is his mentor - I have seen him learn from Anwar. I did not recommend him on this thread only because he has become very (unreasonably?) pricey in the last few years.

BTW, Anwar and Touqueer have split around a year ago IIRC and Anwar has opened another outlet. I can't remember the name of the new place, I have not been there myself. I am not even sure if Touqueer still runs AutoFusion at the same place.

@Karthik, I would agree to the point that what sounds best to your ears is what you should go for. But couldn't understand the point of going to different shops and finding out. Do you mean to say that we should go to the shops and do a demo of the car audio in the shop? What I've seen is that most of the car audio shops doesn't have any proper setup to do what we call audition. Atleast that's what the scene in Bangalore. And those who kept few speakers mounted on some boards and call it a demo is nothing but a joke. You can't make any head and tail out of it.
So mostly what we can do is that to do some online research, find the suitable component of our taste, find the best price offered and then find the reputation of the installer. Last one is very important as a good installation can make or break the music in your car. And I think that's what most of the people here were trying to answer when they said about some particular places to go for installation. It's not just the price (you can use the net for that) or components(again you;ll search the net and decide for yourself) but actually place where you can get a good installation. You can decide on your components/price on your own but in the end if not installed properly what is the use of it. I don't know about Anwar but most of the places don't charge much(I think it's around 300-500Rs) for a basic decent installation. I've seen some pathetic installation done to some of my friends at some other places and they just don't sound good due to poor installation.

@KonfuSed: By enquiring at different shops I meant is the availability and the rates. As each shop would be dealing with a different brand and can have a margin that they can allow for a particular brand. You may end up with quite a nice discount. As an example many of us may have come across the situation where we go to a particular installer and he doesnt have the speakers that we really wanted and he pushes another brand of speakers that he has saying thats better that the ones we chose. Since we have to decide instantly most of them would agree believing the installer. If everything is fine then no problem but most of the cases that I have witnessed have gone wrong. To avoid such circumstances and get what we need please visit various stores and find out the availability and the pricing, you will save some money and get what you want.
As Konfused pointed out we can great help from the net on the pricing components and installers.
But again what I would like to emphasize here is please do some more research on the whats and hows of the installation itself(again this is not rocket science) for example the wires used, is the installer sending power wires along with speaker cables, is the amp of the right power for your installation, amp gain settings, do I require a plank for rear speakers, is a 6x9 speaker suitable for my install, rca cables used, components crossover setting if applicable, right size sub box, ported or sealed sub, etc. Having knowledge on all these would eventually give more you more control and help you get a decent install of your choice. A bad installation at most times happen because of our ignorance and letting the installer decide how the installation goes. Getting a good install is a combined effort and remember the installer is just doing this as his job not a service.
Also Remember Most of these guys will tell you what they know and not what you want. So please spend a little more time in understanding and reap good benefits of your labor.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back