best concert dvd/blu rays

Can anyone tell me which CD/Bluray captures the below verion of the "My heart.."

P.S: Note the flute girl.. ;)
That's the Pavarotti & Friends concert to benefit the children of Liberia, held at Italy in 1998.
It's out on DVD.
Celine sang one more "I hate you then I love you"

Flute girl.....err.......Tin Whistle girl is Andrea Corr.

grubyhalo, thanks for pointing out muddy waters classic concerts. bagged it for 5 pounds in amazon.co.uk in comparison to the $15 in amazon.com - literally at half price!!!

there is a blue ray out on the jam between jimmy page, the edge and the guy from white stripes (i think). it might get loud.

>Cunning Stunts - Metallica

i'm sure it was a pun where the switched the words/alphabets a bit :)

Yes - the one with Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White is called "It Might Get Loud". Hmm, well, err - didn't like it too much. Jimmy Page is of a different class from the other 2 guitarists (all great in their own right). Wasn't nice watching Jimmy Page jamming with 2 totally different guitarists. Oh well, maybe its just me.

About Cunning Stunts - yep - wordplay. And they're both stunning!

grubyhalo, thanks for pointing out muddy waters classic concerts. bagged it for 5 pounds in amazon.co.uk in comparison to the $15 in amazon.com - literally at half price!!!

Glad my post helped. Hope you enjoy the performance as much as I did!

Cunning Stunts is probably the last great concert video I saw of Metallica, ofcourse not considering S&M.

'FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK' concert, Moscow has got some great performances by Metallica, Pantera, ACDC.
For me, Metallica's best ever with around 1.6 million fans going crazy there.

The DVD is available with amazon. A few more online shopping websites will have it for sure.

Is this the one?

51YQZ6QBY4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm not able to find the DVD version of this, will look around. Any good suggestions for Pantera live concert videos (not Vulgar Videos From Hell)?

Last edited:
for those about to rock dvd:
ebay link : AC/DC METALLICA PANTERA BLACK MONSTERS IN MOSCOW DVD | eBay
(worldwide shipping from seller)

Amazon and 20north have VHS (video tape) of it. So if you have a VCR, you can try them out.

Pantera, I am not much into. But for Metallica, 'for those about to rock', Cunning stunts (already suggested), and 'some kind of monster documentary', are greatest pieces.

And, if you wanna try out a documentary on Rock, 'Seven Ages of Rock' is a great documentary by BBC.

...4. Pulse - Pink Floyd - why isn't this on Blu-ray yet?!?!?!

This is just a guess but I could be wrong. As I understand, the bulk of the footage which forms the Pulse concert was shot on tape (not sure if it was Beta or VHS) and not film. I am guessing there would not be any real advantage in transferring it to Bluray. Still, the footage from the 2-week long Earl's Court performances might just be their very best. Even without Waters...

I just realized I've not seen a single western classical concert video. Any suggestions? My favorite composers include Tschaikovsky, Dvorak, Strauss and Wagner but any good concert will do. Thanks!

Even without Waters...

Haha, I like it all the more because he is not there. Yeah, I know, I know. If we start debating on this, we'd probably eat up this thread! :)

And yes, checked out the "Concert in Central Park" by Simon and Garfunkel - nice sound.

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004, 2007, 2010, David Gilmour - Remember that Night, Led Zepplin - The Song Remains the Same, Pink Floyd - Pulse....

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2004, 2007, 2010, David Gilmour - Remember that Night, Led Zepplin - The Song Remains the Same, Pink Floyd - Pulse....

Sorry to revive an old thread....but this is something I had to ask. I have been looking all around for ACDs of the Crossroads festivals, but all I can find is DVDs. I am a "2 channel" guy, and do not go for music videos, so some pointers to where I can get high-quality ACDs for these concerts would be a godsend.

Last edited:
Sorry to revive an old thread....but this is something I had to ask. I have been looking all around for ACDs of the Crossroads festivals, but all I can find is DVDs. I am a "2 channel" guy, and do not go for music videos, so some pointers to where I can get high-quality ACDs for these concerts would be a godsend.
I don't think the 3 Crossroads festival tracks were released as ACDs. You could get the DVDs and rip the audio tracks into WAV files. Personally, I'd go with the concert DVD/Bluray (in 2-channel) over the audio CD of a concert, any day. But that's just me... :)

The DVD usually has the PCM 2.0 track which you can rip to WAV and burn an Audio CD.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you grubyhalo and akhil7j.

I will take your advice and go for the DVDs. Also, from what I saw on youtube, the videos of these concerts are very different from normal music videos (which I usually avoid for their psychedelic lights and overdone effects) - so they may set me on the path of collecting concert videos for a change!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back