Best fan for audiophiles

It looks like a 2-way speaker cabinet with fan blades in place of drivers, to me. A must for audiophiles!! :D

In fact you can convince your better halves you are getting a $69 tower fan the next time you move in a $2000 floor stander into the apartment :)

Just today I replaced the ball bearings in my ceiling fan in the living room and it is ultra quiet. The only noise is the whoosh of the blades in the wind which can still distract except at low speeds. :)

Cheers

Just today I replaced the ball bearings in my ceiling fan in the living room and it is ultra quiet. The only noise is the whoosh of the blades in the wind which can still distract except at low speeds. :)

hi gobble -

a truly noiseless fan? - this one - 80 years old -

noiselessfan.jpg

By witchesofsound at 2010-06-18

regds suri

The fan shown by suri is truly an 'Antique'!!! Its a no nonsense fan which will run like forever, without giving any trouble, its a low rev model which will look like its rotating in 'slow motion' compared to the new generation fans but it 'outlives' the new gen fans ;)
'Old is Gold' truly applies to this Fan.... :D

Last edited:
There is not much that can go wrong with a fan. Its just a motor that keeps spinning. My mom has a 30 year old fan and a 22 year old fridge both going strong.

There is not much that can go wrong with a fan. Its just a motor that keeps spinning. My mom has a 30 year old fan and a 22 year old fridge both going strong.

No the ball bearings need re-balancing else they start creaking.

my bedroom fan goes khirrr khirrr khirrr with every 360 turn :mad:

Edit: and sometimes the coil needs re-winding

Cheers

speaking of fans, have you checked out this? Dyson Air Multiplier fan | Dyson.com

I saw it recently in a shop in the US. Tremblingly, I put my hand inside when it was running just to double-check that it doesn't have any blades.

Its more of a gimmick though.. the fan isn't powerful at all.. like a small table fan on "1".

As someone else mentioned, what would be really fun is to throw a paper airplane through the fan.

Roomba is a wonderful vaccum cleaner for carpets & wood flooring... dont know if it serves well in our condition of moisture/rainy & mosaic/tile flooring.

You can buy it Suri, the kunji, swamy & appu would definitely going to enjoy. :)

oooh the roomba, i've been reading about it for a few years as well. of course i am sure roomba would not be half as good as a human, and in India would therefore be a pretty stupid investment, but it looks and sounds way cool.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back