Best Hindi / bollywood movie blurays with great sound mix

sijusid

Hello everyone,

i am not sure, if there is any specific thread for this. I searched, but couldn't find anything specific, so created this thread.

I have quite a good collection of hollywood 4K titles, but i am looking to build my hindi movie collection and so looking for suggestions on hindi movies bluray, which has great to awesome sound mix.

since there isn't any review available online for hindi movies bluray, would need recommendation from you guys.

I have no preference to any genre of movie, just one preference and that is excellent sound mix.

Cheers
Siju

Hi Harshad....thanks for the recommendation...i will consider these..

Are you a Bluray collector yourself.

Yes I have collected bluray for my personal collection and I must say that most of Bollywood movie of last 5 year bluray have good dtd hd master or true HD sound effect ... thanks
Agree with you Harshad ...unfortunately it is becoming increasing difficult to buy bluray/DVD of bollywood movies. I have hardly bought a handfull in 2019! Wonder how you guys are buying. thanks

Thanks Nitin. Is the URI bluray out in the market? Hardly any new movies in bluray /DVD format on Amazon India website. Any other website better than Amazon for buying Bollywood movies and CD's ? thanks

Most welcome KingAjit. In Mumbai you can get it on rent from Libraries like Shemaroo & Sarvodaya ( Rs. 150/- per day) who also sell them .

Thanks Nitin. Is the URI bluray out in the market? Hardly any new movies in bluray /DVD format on Amazon India website. Any other website better than Amazon for buying Bollywood movies and CD's ? thanks
Yes, from what I have observed since last 2 years they are not releasing Bollywood movies in Blu-ray/dvds. I guess it's mainly because of the increasing popularity of streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon prime and Hotstar. They dont care to release dvds even after 8-9 months of films theatrical release. Though I don't mind watching Bollywood movies on Netflix and Amazon prime as they tend to provide dolby 5.1 surround sound but I get really annoyed if a film that i had missed watching in a theater gets premiered on Hotstar or Zee5 since they provide stereo sound and very poor video quality. For instance, i was waiting for the release of Mission Mangal, Super30 and Chicchore on streaming service as i missed watching those on cinema and these all movies got released on Hotstar which really pissed me off. I had no other options other than watching them in stereo sound as the Blu-ray/dvds are not available.

I have come across a website that has almost every movie that has been released in Blu-ray/dvd. It's movieskart.in . You can try it.

Yes, from what I have observed since last 2 years they are not releasing Bollywood movies in Blu-ray/dvds. I guess it's mainly because of the increasing popularity of streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon prime and Hotstar. They dont care to release dvds even after 8-9 months of films theatrical release. Though I don't mind watching Bollywood movies on Netflix and Amazon prime as they tend to provide dolby 5.1 surround sound but I get really annoyed if a film that i had missed watching in a theater gets premiered on Hotstar or Zee5 since they provide stereo sound and very poor video quality. For instance, i was waiting for the release of Mission Mangal, Super30 and Chicchore on streaming service as i missed watching those on cinema and these all movies got released on Hotstar which really pissed me off. I had no other options other than watching them in stereo sound as the Blu-ray/dvds are not available.

I have come across a website that has almost every movie that has been released in Blu-ray/dvd. It's movieskart.in . You can try it.

Hotstar has very poor audio. Hotstar needs to have some kind of upgrade on audio, as a separate package maybe. I am sure people won't mind opting for that also. But i guess since Netflix has not been able to penetrate as expected, hotstar can control as they want.

In terms of bluray, I remember hunting for stree Bluray and still haven't come across it yet, even now.

Last edited:
So many people have suggested Hotstar to provide dolby sound in its Twitter handle including me. They keep saying that it's on their roadmap but will take time.
Maybe we should start a petition to get dolby sound in Hotstar

Bro...Is this website reliable, as i see good collection of movies in this website. It even has Hollywood 4k movies on discount. Have you ordered from this website?

Bro...Is this website reliable, as i see good collection of movies in this website. It even has Hollywood 4k movies on discount. Have you ordered from this website?
Got to know about this website recently. Haven't ordered anything yet but i think it's genuine.

Ram leela has great surround mix as we as padmavathi. I guess any sanjay leela bhansali movie has great emphasis to sound mix

It has cash on delivery option too for specific amount. You can try that.

After doing some Google search, looks like the website is fake and selling pirated stuffs.

So better to avoid.

Cheers
Siju

After doing some Google search, looks like the website is fake and selling pirated stuffs.

So better to avoid.

Cheers
Siju
Ohh! Thanks for sharing the video and letting others know about it.

Back