better LED TV in 32"~40" range

Sugandhm

I have seen demonstrations of many companies, but I am primarily getting stuck at the following options:-
1) Sona Bravia NX710 : 40" LED TV (is it really LED?)
2) Samsung UA40D5000 : 40" LED TV without wi-fi, without 3D
3) I havent seen Panasonic TVs yet

Is Samsung really better than Sony or is it vice versa?
I need help in making a wise decision. Please let me know what factors should I consider while buying.

Thanks in advance

hi
for sony u will be paying more for brand name. samsung is better than sony in case of PQ. just make sure u get SPVA panels. i hav pana 32" LED tv. whats ur budget?
thanks
shivap

LED TV is not really LED - it is LCD TV with LED backlight. Normal LCD TV has CFL tubelight as backlight.

This will help you: The Biggest Mistakes People Make When Buying An HDTV | HD Guru

With Samsung you will have something called panel lottery (your tv may have any type of panel - low end or high end) - check this:
http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...sung-lcd-has-spva-panel-service-menu-pva.html
Samsung Panel Lottery - what a load of BS! -

If you don't want to take a chance with the panel lottery, you can go for Sony.

No idea about panel switching stuff.

I use Samsung UA40D5000 : 40" LED TV, picture clarity especially with HD channels are mind blowing.

Well both sony and samsung are even,but with the Sony 40" or X-reality based tvs you are guranteed a SPVA panel which is the best of VA based panel.

The samsung is VFM but the D5000 mostly has a AMVA panel which is slightly inferior to the SPVA.If you want to play MKV videos then go with samsung.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back