Beware of Snapdeal - delivery and refund issues

bhprin

Hi All,

Need your advice as well.
I had ordered few items from snapdeal and those were not delivered to me. And when i asked for refund they are saying until i get back my product i cannot refund and please bear with us.
However, bluedart had said there are not able to track the product ans probably have missed it and they have already informed snapdeal.
So, they are making fool customer by their shit TrustPay policy.
Till today I have not got refund (Rs. 1680.00) and raised more than 5 complaints and every time get a response let me escalate it, escalate it and escalate it!!!:mad:
Need your advises to get back refund...
Order details:
Order ID: 2865707304 | Order Placed on : 2014-09-17 23:15:55
rsylb9.jpg

SnapDeal Response:
ddzy13.jpg

If you have used credit card call the bank and have them cancel it. Tell them no receipt of goods.

Debit card and bank transfer too same policy but harder to get the money back.

And use Cash on Delivery always.

I ordered some items on snapdeal and after 10 days they sent me a sms saying courier was unable to deliver so they are returning the items. I ordered them again and same thing happened and finally on 3rd try they delivered. After that they tried delivering the first 2 orders. I really ripped them via e-mail, and they asked to me refuse the 1st 2 orders. Then somone called me asking me why I am refusing the order. IMO their shipping process is a mess and better to avoid them, else make sure you use COD. Now I do not order anything unless COD option is available.
Hope OP can get them to resolve his situation.
Cheers,
Sid

Post issue details on their FB page. And keep updating it after EVERY day of non-resolution. They WILL take you seriously. Of course, do update it after the issue is resolved too :)

posted to their FB page but it is not showed...

I think they are in this kind of practices...

i have written to bank also for canceling transaction. waiting for their response.

After doing some FB posts got call from them (floor supervisor) and she put their words we will deliver it by 7th Oct till evening. I have responded if not delivered by time, cancel it and refund asap. Let me see what is going to happen...

Last edited by a moderator:
Received another complaint number email

Snapdeal Support, Oct 04 08:07:
Dear Bhanu,
Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.
We are writing to inform you that we are working on your request to update you at the earliest. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.
Please note the below mentioned complaint number for your future reference.
Complaint Number - 9816329

In case of any further assistance or clarification on this issue, please reply back to this email.
Assuring you of our best services always,
Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Team Snapdeal.com

Hi All,

Need your advice as well.
I had ordered few items from snapdeal and those were not delivered to me. And when i asked for refund they are saying until i get back my product i cannot refund and please bear with us.
However, bluedart had said there are not able to track the product ans probably have missed it and they have already informed snapdeal.
So, they are making fool customer by their shit TrustPay policy.
Till today I have not got refund (Rs. 1680.00) and raised more than 5 complaints and every time get a response let me escalate it, escalate it and escalate it!!!:mad:
Need your advises to get back refund...
Order details:
Order ID: 2865707304 | Order Placed on : 2014-09-17 23:15:55
rsylb9.jpg

SnapDeal Response:
ddzy13.jpg
Drag them to the Consumer Court; and see if there are any newspapers that publish such type of complaints. Thanks for getting this out in the open, Snapdeal will surely be avoided by me and hopefully by the other members in this forum.

Happened with me too last month for two of my order.
They are getting worst, bad days are coming for them.
No to snapdeal now onwards.

I had same issue in Jan 2014, my refund was for around 1800/- (4 products price) which were canceled by seller. I have to struggle for almost 6 months to get the refund from which still 300/- refund is still pending and it's not worth to spend more time for that because I already sent more than 20-25 emails and also took help with AKOSHA.com (they resolves the issues with Snapdeal/Crapdeal as a mediator). Even those guys couldn't help to get the refund. Talked more than 200-250 minutes in total (call/receive) including Snapdeal/Crapdeal and Akosha.
Snapdeal/Crapdeal senior agents/team leaders asked to me to send bank statements/sometimes they said we have forwarded your issue to concerned team who take care for payments/sometimes they said we have processed the refund but it is not reflecting in your bank account because of any technical glitch blah blah blah....
After doing lot of efforts and telling them I am going to consumer forum, I have got my refunds in parts, sometime 400/- 350/- etc, Still I was thinking to file a case in consumer forum but now the amount left is 300/- so don't want to spend my precious time with those useless guys. I do lot of online shopping but never from Snapdeal/Crapdeal.

P.S. I never had any issue with Amazon India or Flipkart. They process refund immediately when the item picked-up. Awesome service.

I always prefer to order from Flipkart or Amazon.
I though lets try this time Snapdeal. However, I felt like they are not trustable bcoz all of their review are always says 5/5.

Had wrote to Citibank to cancel transaction:
Dear Citibank, I had bought some item from snapdeal 2 weeks back and they were unable to deliver product and refund process is not started by them. I want to cancel that transaction. please cancel or stop that payment. Transaction details: Dated: 17/09/2014,SNAPDEAL COMGURGAONIN,1,260.00

Citibank positive response:
Dear Mr. Prakash,We refer to your query dated October 02, 2014. Based on your representation, we have provisionally credited your card with Rs. 1,260.00 towards the transaction dated September 17, 2014 incurred against M/s. SNAPDEALCOMGURGAONIN. We have initiated an investigation and will revert on completion of our review. Please bear with us till then. We assure you that the provisional credit provided to your card will not be withdrawn without a valid proof from the Member bank / establishment.

Thanks for bringing this to the notice of the forum. I guess we should stick with cod with snapdeal. Also heartening to note Citibank's response - i had a similar issue which i brought to the notice of hdfc credit cards but the csr at hdfc flatly refused to do do anything with it, i should migrate to citi i guess.
Right now my bluray shipment from flipkart is lost enroute. i contacted them when i did not receive my shipment - they asked to give some time to track it but did not revert. When i emailed them a second time, a CSR from Flipkart promptly called me, apologized and offered to either refund or initiate a fresh order. I asked them to do a fresh order and they have shipped the new order with their "fast delivery" which is super fast. No wonder Flipkart is the king of Indian online retail - i am going to stick with them.

I agree with the FMs suggestion but even people face issues in Flipkart and Amazon too. In my view in India the Customer is never the king whoever the seller or the platform may be. I only hope that they get better with time. Actually here the market size is too big and repeat customers do not make a difference and if you ask me it all boils down to price. Hope the customer is the king era arrives soon.

Yes @dillihifi is right.
This does not happen only with snapdeal. I have seen negative reviews on flipkart, amazon.in, ebay etc. "Customer is the King" is not for our country! So until then (god know's when will that happen!!), its better that you go through the COD route (if you are bent on getting from online). Otherwise i think retail purchase is way better.

I had my share of snapdeal nightmare, they lost my product (actually bluedart lost) then my plight started, spent countless hours on phone, face book posts were deleted, sent hundreds of tweeter tweets, then after almost 1 month, they returned my money. I promised myself never to buy anything from snapdeal.

@Rupam: same story is happening to me. bluedart has lost and i am following with them...

I think it is their practice to show product is shipped and lost by bluedart and refund money after few months if you follow up them from every corner else forget about it.
To me it seems like bluedart is also part of this story.

I agree with the FMs suggestion but even people face issues in Flipkart and Amazon too. In my view in India the Customer is never the king whoever the seller or the platform may be. I only hope that they get better with time. Actually here the market size is too big and repeat customers do not make a difference and if you ask me it all boils down to price. Hope the customer is the king era arrives soon.

U are absolutely right I had faced same with flipkart worst is they don't refund if u cancel the order they keep the amount as flipkart money and u have to use this in other transection. It's not only with online even for other things also this foreign brands takes u for granted they are aware that ye india he yaha sub kuch chal ta he.:mad:

in a similar incident with me after three months of fighting , I tweeted on their founder's tweeter account. he sent the same to their help tweeter account...and they called me to sort the issue and did follow ups too!!!

After reading a lot of posts about mishandling goods by almost all online shopping sites, I now stick to COD or nothing. I am now stress free, if I get the goods I pay.

U are absolutely right I had faced same with flipkart worst is they don't refund if u cancel the order they keep the amount as flipkart money and u have to use this in other transection. It's not only with online even for other things also this foreign brands takes u for granted they are aware that ye india he yaha sub kuch chal ta he.:mad:

Have you ever returned goods/cancelled at Shopper Stop, Pantaloons stores ?
If you have, you'd remember that they also give you store credit, usually valid for 6-12 months
Cleartrip/yatra/makemytrip also do it, although I dont agree with travel websites using store credit policy

But anyway, store credit is an internationally accepted retail policy. Flipkart is certainly not the only one

~ On a personal note, have had exceptional experiences with Flipkart, almost 20-30 small ticket purchases so far (have been careful to buy from WS_RETAIL mostly). Ebay has also been good, in pre-flipkart days.
No experience with amazon or snapdeal so far, though snapdeal seems to routinely get bad reviews

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back