Beware of Snapdeal - delivery and refund issues

Drag them to the Consumer Court; and see if there are any newspapers that publish such type of complaints. Thanks for getting this out in the open, Snapdeal will surely be avoided by me and hopefully by the other members in this forum.
I really don't understand how we will pull these guys to consumer court. IMO we don't have any proper rules in place to help consumers, what ever it is we should have something in place to pull these guys and screw them or atleast we need to make sure that it shouldn't happen again to any one. But again consumers are always cheated by these kind of Giants and they will keep spreading this to every one.. Ultimately they dont need any customers to comeback and buy more..

God bless consumers (us)

This thread will help you to sue/pull to consumer forum.

I really don't understand how we will pull these guys to consumer court. IMO we don't have any proper rules in place to help consumers, what ever it is we should have something in place to pull these guys and screw them or atleast we need to make sure that it shouldn't happen again to any one. But again consumers are always cheated by these kind of Giants and they will keep spreading this to every one.. Ultimately they dont need any customers to comeback and buy more..

God bless consumers (us)

God bless consumers (us)

If you are a consumer (i.e. paid for the product/ services) and if there is any kind of deficiency/ negligence (the definition is very broad) you can take the seller to the consumer courts and sue them.

And there is an entire act - Consumer protection Act, 1986. Recently there has been some amended which now allows a customer to sue from his jurisdiction of residence/ place of work (earlier it had to the sellers place or where cause of action aroused).

Snapdeal's 2nd attempt failed to deliver product on 7th Oct. No ack from their side. However citibank is follwing with them for the same.

Recently, I also faced issue in getting refund from them. Took lot of mails and calls to escalate. Funny part in my case was that I had cancelled the order even before it was shipped to me but still they told me it cannot be cancelled and you need to refuse the delivery. That really got me furious. And then even after refusing the delivery they didn't initiate the refund stating that it can happen only when we get the product back from logistics partner which incidentally is their own i.e delhivery. It felt like harassment. After a month or so I got the refund.
If refund in this case when cancelled the order before it is even shipped is so difficult then I wonder how tough would be to return any defective product if need be. Decided not to buy anything prepaid from them anymore. Only flipkart for me henceforth. I always had pleasant experience with flipkart . Once I ordered a product from them (food processor) which on opening had the plastic lid cracked and on raising complaint, they immediately exchanged for a new piece with no questions asked.

now from last week i am getting automatic IVR calls from Snapdeal asking for sorry for not delivering item please press 1 for .., press 2 for cancel press 3 ...
However, I have chose 3 times to cancel still i am getting these calls... :annoyed:

yes. i did post to fb. only receive a response as please share order id and i shared and after that no resp...

however, in facebook i am posting all these in my timeline.. Here

@Santy
Then what you did for refund?

Put grievance in consumer forum online and keep posting on their Fb page. And best resort is to send a registered letter to their corporate address with name of kunal behl on it. Old ways are always more efficient.

Do they have any customer care number... i tried the 9212692126 number but it says please check the number again..
Since Snapdeal has new investors I though there service will be improved but "Kutte ki dun kabhi seedi nahi hota"

Pimpri And Chinchwad Consignee'S Address Incorrect 16-Oct-2014 15:13

I have also made the mistake of buying from snapdeal earlier this month. It was a 2 GB RAM, the product status is showing as shipped. However it is stuck in Karnataka for the past 10 days. They shipped it through Delhivery, this courier service is pathetic with no responsibility and the snapdeal customer service is even worse. I have made several calls and written multiple mails to customer support copying their so called CEO's mail ID, however no response at all. This was my last purchase from snapdeal.com and will strongly advise against those who are planning to buy anything from them.

I have also made the mistake of buying from snapdeal earlier this month. It was a 2 GB RAM, the product status is showing as shipped. However it is stuck in Karnataka for the past 10 days. They shipped it through Delhivery, this courier service is pathetic with no responsibility and the snapdeal customer service is even worse. I have made several calls and written multiple mails to customer support copying their so called CEO's mail ID, however no response at all. This was my last purchase from snapdeal.com and will strongly advise against those who are planning to buy anything from them.

Amazon is the only reliable one. Rest all are full of cheats....

Amazon is the only reliable one. Rest all are full of cheats....

100% agree, there is no fake discounts/offers on Amazon India, that's why there is no huge discounts which is not in actual on other websites (Flipkart/Snapdeal) as well, they just show huge discounts to manipulate the customers. Customer never got the item at that price, mostly were canceled like Flipkart did on Big Billion Sale. All decent products/prices were out of stock/already sold.

On Amazon India, products are available at believable price and we get that at mentioned price.

I am not saying Amazon is 100% perfect but at least much reliable than other e-commerce/portal websites.

@Santy
Then what you did for refund?

I had placed an order for Altec desktop speakers on 5.1.2013 and the estimated shipping date was 9.1.2013
On 9.1.2013, they said there is a delay in fulfilling the order (due to overwhelming response from customers) and new estimated shipping date will be 15.1.2013.
I replied that I am willing to wait but I need the item.
On 15th, they replied that they are still facing difficulty and they need 3-4 days more time.
On 19th I wrote to their CEO about the delays who did not bother to respond.
After 4 days they said they are unable to fulfill the order.
So a refund was initiated and they mentioned it would take upto 21 days to credit!
I do not remember when it was credited as I did not bother to check.

My question was what kind of pathetic inventory management they have and why it should take so long to know whether an item is in stock or not, with the seller?
Anyway this was one bad experience, otherwise I have received all other orders in time.

So a refund was initiated and they mentioned it would take upto 21 days to credit!

May I ask people for advantages of making upfront payments (if any, except in case of gifting) in place of the much safer CoD option? We all know that many times the sellers take time to procure & ship goods and then the logistics playing their part and all, why would anyone want to pay upfront for their orders, esp. when these websites take so many donkey days to credit back the amount or worse, put it in your e-wallet so that you can use it later in case a refund is sought for?

May I ask people for advantages of making upfront payments (if any, except in case of gifting) in place of the much safer CoD option? We all know that many times the sellers take time to procure & ship goods and then the logistics playing their part and all, why would anyone want to pay upfront for their orders, esp. when these websites take so many donkey days to credit back the amount or worse, put it in your e-wallet so that you can use it later in case a refund is sought for?

Mostly people make payment upfront if they want to use credit card offers for discount or cash back which is not available on Cod. And also when for certain pin codes Cod is not an option. Other than these two reasons one should always opt for cod IMHO.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back