Beware of Snapdeal - delivery and refund issues

21 days to credit back my money... only because they will want to earn interest on my money! Then how will they run their business with your money!!! ;) joking! But that's what the truth is. Does the same happen in other countries US of A, UK etc? In INDIA anything can happen. There is no best option. Even in COD, if you want to return, the money refund would take 5 days or more. I experienced money return scenarios in couple of my online experience.

May I ask people for advantages of making upfront payments (if any, except in case of gifting) in place of the much safer CoD option?

In my case I do not remember why, but later I have been paying COD for all SD orders whenever available

There could be a few reasons.
-Sometimes there is no COD option for a particular item or a pincode
-Discount codes offered by bank for credit/ debit card does not work
-The buyer may want to opt for EMI if the item value is high

Amazon is the only reliable one. Rest all are full of cheats....

Second that. Amazon (even .in) has been consistently good and their refunds are really fast. In one case the refund was credited almost immediately after the return was picked up and even before the return reached them.

100% agree, there is no fake discounts/offers on Amazon India, that's why there is no huge discounts which is not in actual on other websites (Flipkart/Snapdeal) as well, they just show huge discounts to manipulate the customers. Customer never got the item at that price, mostly were canceled like Flipkart did on Big Billion Sale. All decent products/prices were out of stock/already sold.

On Amazon India, products are available at believable price and we get that at mentioned price.

I am not saying Amazon is 100% perfect but at least much reliable than other e-commerce/portal websites.

The Lightning Deals concept on Amazon at least affords a chance at an on-sale product unlike the mad rush on the sales at Ebay.in, Flipkart etc and the consequent server slow-down/failures and disappointment. I've sworn off the sales at these clowns until they get their act together.

Amazon (Amazon Fulfilled) and Flipkart (WS Retail fulfilled) and a few other niche e-tailers are the only ones I feel confident about giving a credit card to and getting a refund in a reasonable time frame if I ever have to.

Snapdeal is basically Ebay under the hood with the esteemed Tata and Wipro for company. Expecting decent customer service from this bunch is too much. It's COD for Snapdeal and Ebay.in or else I just don't buy from them unless it's cheap Chinese junk that for some reason I should have.

Today got call from Snapdeal for refunding. Got some sms also for the same. Exactly after a month, on 17/sept i had placed order and on 17/oct refund under their trustpay policy...:indifferent14:

I have also made the mistake of buying from snapdeal earlier this month. It was a 2 GB RAM, the product status is showing as shipped. However it is stuck in Karnataka for the past 10 days. They shipped it through Delhivery, this courier service is pathetic with no responsibility and the snapdeal customer service is even worse. I have made several calls and written multiple mails to customer support copying their so called CEO's mail ID, however no response at all. This was my last purchase from snapdeal.com and will strongly advise against those who are planning to buy anything from them.

After sending multiple reminder mails to SD, I finally got my order yesterday :)

Last edited:
Back