Bic America PL 200-ii Port and Cabin noise

Love4sound

To all BIC America pl-200-ii owners please share ur experience. I purchased BIC America pl200-ii after demo. The sub is excellent but at extreme lows it produces port and cabin noise. To be exact on the type of noise at first I thought the noise was due to vibrations on my glass windows and after so much testing I finally stood near the sub and the noise was coming from the port nd sub cabin. Apart from this the sub is mind blowing in performance. As any one experienced this issue and managed to get a fix?. I also checked in so many forums where other users mentioned the same problem.

Its a new sub and would require some time to settle in......secondly...have you tried placing in different spots? There is a BIC America owners thread and suggest you post this challenge there...you will indeed get faster responses...

If mods can move this thread, it will help

I too guess you are using them hard before it settles down. New speakers always dont sound sweet till it settle down. I guess there are lot of BIC America pl200 users here where no one seems complaining on it.

Try to be nice boy to it till it settle down and then later blast it. :)

Agree totally! volume of sub to be kept at 40 to 50%...more than enough to rock the place with smooth bass...

Its a new sub and would require some time to settle in......secondly...have you tried placing in different spots? There is a BIC America owners thread and suggest you post this challenge there...you will indeed get faster responses...

If mods can move this thread, it will help
I have kept sub volume knob just above minimum not even at one point. And in avr sub volume is -8db nd master volume is -30db

I too guess you are using them hard before it settles down. New speakers always dont sound sweet till it settle down. I guess there are lot of BIC America pl200 users here where no one seems complaining on it.

Try to be nice boy to it till it settle down and then later blast it. :)
I have kept sub volume knob just above minimum not even at one point. And in avr sub volume is -8db nd master volume is -30db

Many enthusiast on eagerness put the sub on high volumes as soon as unboxed. My close friend did same on Taga Harmony SW10. He as soon as unboxed started downloading the 20hz , 30hz test frequency samples Which only buzz the woofer to that frequency and the woofer drive gone kaput in 20 mins of play. When i went to his place to egarly check the sub it was already in packed kept to be taken to service center.

It is always recommended to wait till it settle down

Many enthusiast on eagerness put the sub on high volumes as soon as unboxed. My close friend did same on Taga Harmony SW10. He as soon as unboxed started downloading the 20hz , 30hz test frequency samples Which only buzz the woofer to that frequency and the woofer drive gone kaput in 20 mins of play. When i went to his place to egarly check the sub it was already in packed kept to be taken to service center.

It is always recommended to wait till it settle down
I have kept the minimum settings. When the sub goes very low a glass vibration sound comes from the sub.

I have kept the minimum settings. When the sub goes very low a glass vibration sound comes from the sub.
I cant imagine of a glass vibration Sound in a Subwoofer. Thats weird. i guess the rear high and low speaker connectors in red and black might be loose please tight the thread of the connectors.

Please refer to the manual to understand the steps to be done....

Set LFE signal playback range.
Set this when you want to change the playback frequency (low pass filter point) of the subwoofer. 80 Hz / 90 Hz / 100 Hz / 110 Hz / 120 Hz / 150 Hz / 200 Hz / 250 Hz
(Default: 120 Hz)

This is under settings......keep it on 110hz and check if too muddy then try 100 or 90 or 80hz......

Also which subwoofer cable are you using?

Yes it’s in lfe set up only. I am unable to attach image

Could you post a Picture of your setup, especially where the Sub is located? Check for doors, windows, furniture, tv unit, etc rattling near it which gives you an impression that the Sub is rattling. What are your cross over settings? What were settings set by Audyssey or whichever setup tool your receiver has?

MaSh

Could you post a Picture of your setup, especially where the Sub is located? Check for doors, windows, furniture, tv unit, etc rattling near it which gives you an impression that the Sub is rattling. What are your cross over settings? What were settings set by Audyssey or whichever setup tool your receiver has?

MaSh

200% sure it’s the subwoofer that is rattling. I am unable to upload pics. Crossover is 80 Hz.

Please refer to the manual to understand the steps to be done....

Set LFE signal playback range.
Set this when you want to change the playback frequency (low pass filter point) of the subwoofer. 80 Hz / 90 Hz / 100 Hz / 110 Hz / 120 Hz / 150 Hz / 200 Hz / 250 Hz
(Default: 120 Hz)

This is under settings......keep it on 110hz and check if too muddy then try 100 or 90 or 80hz......

Also which subwoofer cable are you using?
I am using amazon basics cable nd Cross over is at 80 Hz. Bass isn’t muddy the sub performance is amazing perfect bass.It just rattles at extreme lows

Could be....pls report the same to the dealer......so that he can check and provide a replacement.....maybe something is inside....which fell accidentally in the port holes

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back