Bought home an EPSON TW6000 3D projector

srenjith

Hi All,

Was planning to buy either Epson 3010 or Optoma HD33 from US when saw a group buy thread from our fellow member Rajadeep(spl Thanks to him). Though buying the projector was dearer by 30 to 40k when compared to US price, you get peace of mind factor-The warranty!!Why take a risk?

Finally pulled trigger this Monday and bought the Epson from Metro systems at Cochin.The earlier thread helped in negotiating a very good price. Excellent dealing by Metro. Earlier had seen a demo from Metro two weeks back and was impressed.

Temporarily set up the same in first floor living room.My new dedicated home theatre room work will be starting by June 1st week.Will post step by step construction of the same also. THe projector is repacked here at India and they provide the AC conversion plug(MX brand) along with it.Screen is Liberty Grandview 120inch motorized. Also added V-guard 1000va UPS for the projector.Bought 2 glasses along with it. Glasses are costly-5k each. Need to add 2 more.

Connected 1st hdmi input to my Denon 2310(No 3 D switching),source Oppo BD player- wow!, stunning picture quality out of the box. I didn't tweaked the settings, will do after 100hrs lamp burning-in.Then connected the second input to Panasonic BD 210 and tell u all, 3D really blows you out. Watched Tangled,Sammys Adventure,Yogi Bear so far and its 100 times better than watching in a movie theatre.Also connected with AC ryan media player, playing 3D split image-but I didn't like the quality. Overall highly satisfied with the projector.While connecting to Oppo & PS3,u get good pic quality.

Attaching few pictures-

Some more picture links -
1. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9016/1003784.jpg
2. http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8609/1003773i.jpg
3. http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3045/1003794k.jpg
4. http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8672/1003858s.jpg
5. http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2411/1003889m.jpg
6. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8246/1003771i.jpg
7. http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7317/1003850k.jpg

Thanks and regards,

RENJITH.S,
Trivandrum.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! It looks great... Could you pls post some pics of it setup(mounted) & what size screen did you go for???

Congratulations.. Epson is an nice established brand and enjoy those with peace of mind with local warranty.:)

Congrats!!! It looks great... Could you pls post some pics of it setup(mounted) & what size screen did you go for???

Hi,
The screen size is 120inch. The projector is cieling mounted using liberty mount.As mentioned earlier, this is a temporary set-up-for another 4 or 5 months to run.
Adding some more pictures-

Attachments

• 1003875f.jpg
    1003875f.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
How much did projector + screen totally cost??

Total cost included -

1. Projector with 2 glasses - Rs1.05lacs
2. Liberty screen 120inch motorised - Rs25000
3. V Guard UPS - Rs4200
4. Liberty projector cieling mount - Rs2400
5. 25ft HDMI cable(2nos) - Rs9000 for both

Thanks...

congrats buddy! yes indeed the experience is many times better than a theater. You can also pause, rewind scene you like. Theater has it's own advantages though.

congrats buddy! yes indeed the experience is many times better than a theater. You can also pause, rewind scene you like. Theater has it's own advantages though.

What i meant is in theatres,after watching many 3d movies at places Like Q cinema,Cinemax etc-pop out effect is nt that much like what you see in Epson.of course depth is comparable.In theatres which use active glasses,picture brightness is a major concern.I had earlier watched Pirts of caribn 4 at theatre and after watching it in Epson,it was a different experience altogether.must see to believe it.
and picture quality is awesome ..

THe projector is repacked here at India and they provide the AC conversion plug(MX brand) along with it.
Would suggest to get rid of the plug type converter/adapter and buy a Indian plug type molded chord. Good ones are available within Rs.200.
Adapters like the above leave scope for loose connections and hence sparks and then you know what.....

It is true to your writing that a projector's experience is much better then a theater.

The benefits are much larger if one is having a well planned dedicated theatre at home of which no cinema hall can over all match.

V

It is true to your writing that a projector's experience is much better then a theater.

The benefits are much larger if one is having a well planned dedicated theatre at home of which no cinema hall can over all match.

V
Yes very true.....you been an inspiration here.Of late, I have started my journey....

Hey Renjith,

Congrats on your new projector and setup. I am also going to have a dedicated home theater room and planning to put Epson TW8000 (5010 in US) and pair it with Denon 2310. I was planning to get the projector from US and then dropped the idea and getting it from India for the same reasons - peace of mind and warranty :). I am also getting the Oppo-93 BDP from the US and mod it for multi region Blueray playback.

I am planning to put up a 150" screen in a dedicated room of 24ftx15.5ft dimension with proper room treatment and acoustics. May I know the dimension of your dedicated HT room?

Could you please comment on the brightness of the 3D images?

BTW, do the shop from where you got the projector have TW8000 available with them? The Epson 3D glasses are expensive in Bangalore. They are costing around 7K here. If its cheaper (5K as you mentioned) in Kerala, I can get it from there. Right now I am planning to get Sony Playstation 3D glasses from US. Reviews said that they work with Epson. They cost $55 each in amazon.

Thanks much,
John.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Can I have a demo of your home theater the next time I visit TVPM? Also please specify which other devices you are using. Adding a signature is recommended.

Congratulations! Can I have a demo of your home theater the next time I visit TVPM? Also please specify which other devices you are using. Adding a signature is recommended.
Hi,
Most welcome..
I am working at Cochin..Weekends only i go home..Will send my mobile number via pm,Will fix a convenient date..
Reg my setup-
Epson projector,Denon 2310,Oppo BD 90,Panasonic BD 210, PS3, Wharfdale 9.4 package, AC Ryan media player,Marantz 5002,Sony 40inch lcd tv

Hi John,
Thanks a lot.
my room dimension is 19ft lngth and 10ft wdth.This is a new room to be constructed in our open balcony.Just waiting plan approval from corporation.
I had just spent only 8 or 9hours watching this projector since i am working at Cochin.Reg brightNess ,its very very bright.I have reduced brightNess in the settings.also eco mode Will further reduce the brightness.but for 3D,its very good,since it Will compensate the darkness caused by active shutter glass.I have not seen any other 3d projectors,hence cannot comment much.
Ya,i am also buying ps3 glasses and a pair of monster glasses.Will pm you Metro systems contact number.

Total cost included -

1. Projector with 2 glasses - Rs1.05lacs
2. Liberty screen 120inch motorised - Rs25000
3. V Guard UPS - Rs4200
4. Liberty projector cieling mount - Rs2400
5. 25ft HDMI cable(2nos) - Rs9000 for both

Thanks...
Do you have a money plant ?:) ...

How you get 3d content ? normal 3d BDrs 1500Rs, just a few you can copy from others .... just for few 3d movies 1.3 lakh ????

Hi John,
Thanks a lot.
my room dimension is 19ft lngth and 10ft wdth.This is a new room to be constructed in our open balcony.Just waiting plan approval from corporation.
I had just spent only 8 or 9hours watching this projector since i am working at Cochin.Reg brightNess ,its very very bright.I have reduced brightNess in the settings.also eco mode Will further reduce the brightness.but for 3D,its very good,since it Will compensate the darkness caused by active shutter glass.I have not seen any other 3d projectors,hence cannot comment much.
Ya,i am also buying ps3 glasses and a pair of monster glasses.Will pm you Metro systems contact number.

Thanks a lot for the info Ranjith. BTW how did u connect ur BDP with denon 2310 and projector. Since 2310 doesn't support 3d you would need to connect ur BDP directly to projector to get 3d and also you would need another HDMI connection to 2310 for HD sound. That means u need a BDP with dual HDMI out. However your BDP doesn't seem to have dual HDMI. I am really curios to know how are you getting it to work.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back