Bought home an EPSON TW6000 3D projector

Hi I'm planning to visit UK next month and probably pick up a 3D projector. I had my eye on Optoma HD 33 3D projector but after going through this thread I'm bit double minded. Is epson TW 6000 better than Optoma HD33 picture quality wise? Another query, Do I need to buy any special type of screen for 3D projectors? I have 1 motorised screen for 2D projector at home.

Hi I'm planning to visit UK next month and probably pick up a 3D projector. I had my eye on Optoma HD 33 3D projector but after going through this thread I'm bit double minded. Is epson TW 6000 better than Optoma HD33 picture quality wise? Another query, Do I need to buy any special type of screen for 3D projectors? I have 1 motorised screen for 2D projector at home.

Hmm what price are you expecting to get it for in the UK??? As far as I know the lowest price in the UK is around 1260 pounds(which is close to 1.07lacs)... This price is costlier than the price in India plus u dont get warranty... Unless of course there is a way you can get the 20% vat refund then it might be a bit cheaper... Never have got anything from UK so dont know if they have a Vat refund counter at the airport like thailand & HK...

Hmm what price are you expecting to get it for in the UK??? As far as I know the lowest price in the UK is around 1260 pounds(which is ...

Thanks Rajadeep. Yeah its true. I checked price of Optoma HD 33 in the shop's website, its 1300 pound. Going by present exchange rate its nearly Rs 112000. Actually I'm working on ship and my ship is going to UK next month so I thought of picking up this pj. But anyways, can you give me email id of this supplier in India who sells optoma or epson PJ. I will check out his pricing.

Hi Srenjith,

Did you buy the projector from Metro Digital Media, Cochin? He is quoting a higher rate now. Would you know anybody else selling these projectors at comparable rates here in Cochin?

Jay

Hi
I have been quoted 1.05 L net with a pair of glasses by Varay systems Mumbai. Now they say its made in china and that all epson pjs are made in china. Is it true
Must ask Srenjith if his model is also made in china.

Hi
I have been quoted 1.05 L net with a pair of glasses by Varay systems Mumbai. Now they say its made in china and that all epson pjs are made in china. Is it true
Yes its true, Even US brand 3010 is made in China.

Hi

Now days, everything is made in China. Including the revered Oppo bluray players. Nothing to sweat about.

Hi Srenjith,

Did you buy the projector from Metro Digital Media, Cochin? He is quoting a higher rate now. Would you know anybody else selling these projectors at comparable rates here in Cochin?

Jay

Must be the dollar rate. I know of some companies who increased the price for speakers recently.

Must be the dollar rate. I know of some companies who increased the price for speakers recently.

Hi,
Spoke to Metro people, they said that their landing price has increased and since I being the first customer, they had given some discount. They got lot of pending orders with them.
I don't know any other dealer selling this. Redington is the distributor for the same.

Anyone planning to import TW6000 from US, Amazon has a great offer-

Amazon.com: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010, Full HD 1080p, 2D and 3D Home Theater Projector with Integrated Speakers (V11H421020): Electronics

Check out.2 pair of glasses also included.

Amazon.com: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010, Full HD 1080p, 2D and 3D Home Theater Projector with Integrated Speakers (V11H421020): Electronics

Epson India will not honor the US warranty, so there is no good reason
to buy it from amazon, lets wait for 2 months till the prices in India comes
down with two years Indian warranty.

So costly now????

The dealer took him for a ride!!! Just talked to varay image 2 weeks ago... He is still selling TW6000 + 2 glasses for 1.05 lacs with 1-1.5k shipping charges to anywhere in India... If ur local suppier is trying to fool u like this than its always better to order it from Varay...

It is a good offer... Unfortunately the rise in the $ to rupee exchange rate means that it is costlier now than it was 304 months aGO @$1369... If anyone is carrying it from the US then its a good offer but if u are gonna ship it through boderlinx or amarax the costs come to 95k plus... u are better off buying locally for 1.05-1.1 lacs with 2 yr warranty... BTW I could have sworn that Amazon used to ship this projector to India but it seems to say that we cant ship it to India :(...

Epson India will not honor the US warranty, so there is no good reason
to buy it from amazon, lets wait for 2 months till the prices in India comes
down with two years Indian warranty.
I am curious - Does anyone has any experience with Epson India with regards to warranty replacements/repairs? Going by forum posts, Epson US has a very customer friendly warranty and they tend to send replacements with almost no questions asked. I wonder how things are with Epson India? Suppose I have flicker in my India bought projector and I complain to Epson India, will they send a replacement?

I dont know if we can expect US lvl customer service here in India. Historically not many FMs have bought projectors in India(we normally preferred importing them coz of the cost diff)... Now that ppl have started buying them a lot (especially epson ones) we should find out soon enough...

Yup picking up one very soon.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back