Building my Home Theatre Room - Please guide me

How about Popcorn maker & an Ice cream factory, Seriously that would become a real theatre now.:)

Great to see the HT Room coming up. Hopefully you will drive many guys to build their own.

Seriously , i'll sit at the cash counter:yahoo:

Nice alternative business you see,And one more suggestion Santhosh, please post some better pics next time Buddy, too straining to the eyes:eek:hyeah:

How about Popcorn maker & an Ice cream factory, Seriously that would become a real theatre now.:)

Great to see the HT Room coming up. Hopefully you will drive many guys to build their own.
It is common to have a Counter in an adjoining room where you can pickup popcorn, candy, ice-cream etc. They call it a "Concession Counter" and they take it pretty seriously. Many even extend this concept and add a bar.

This idea definitely crossed my mind. I wanted to have a bar and maybe a microwave oven(to make ACT II popcorn). The problem is the entry to the Home Theater is through another room. Bigger problem is that this room is the proposed room for my son. So, my dad and my wife will not allow me to take up any more place there :(. As it is, I am taking over some of the space in that room for noisy appliances stuff like UPS and HTPC...Shhhhh.

Seriously , i'll sit at the cash counter:yahoo:

Nice alternative business you see,And one more suggestion Santhosh, please post some better pics next time Buddy, too straining to the eyes:eek:hyeah:
I am not good at photography buddy, but yeah will try to get some daytime pictures:). I take photographs after I return from work every evening, hence the poor quality.

Last edited:
Some updates since last couple of days:
The electrical wiring work has almost been completed. Pending work is connecting the electrical fittings and switches. Here are some pics:

DSC06733.jpg

DSC06736.jpg

Hitachi "Ace Cutout" model 1.2 Ton A/C was installed on Tuesday. This model was chosen for its 34dB silence in "Silent mode" and for its energy-efficient 5-star rating. I took a day off to ensure this is done under my supervision, but the installer arrives only at 5PM and then continues installation until 11.30PM:(. Anyways, all is well that ends well.

DSC06748.jpg

DSC06749.jpg

I covered it with some newspaper after testing it. I wish it was really 50% off like the newspaper says..lol!! Cost me 33k installed.
DSC06754.jpg

Last edited:
The fabric stretching on the side panels was completed yesterday. I contributed with some DIY when ever I could chip in. Rest was completed by carpenter. Here he is with his first panel:

DSC06740.jpg

Some more finished panels
DSC06753.jpg

They completed one of ceiling panels too. The rest of the ceiling panels should be completed by today. This is only the ceiling panels for the side. I am yet to source fabric for the starlight ceiling. Hopefully, I find something tomorrow

DSC06734.jpg

Last edited:
Santosh,

For the AC, how far is the compressor from the unit and have you connected the compressor to the unit, if so how are you concealing them. Where are letting the water discharge from the unit?

By the way your theater is really coming well and lot of DIY, fantastic. I need to come and see it.

Regards,

Srisha

Santosh,

For the AC, how far is the compressor from the unit and have you connected the compressor to the unit, if so how are you concealing them. Where are letting the water discharge from the unit?
The compressor is around 4 meters away. I could have got it installed just 3 meters away, but chose to move further away to avoid noise if any. The water pipe is also routed (below tube level) along with the other pipes, so no probs.

By the way your theater is really coming well and lot of DIY, fantastic. I need to come and see it.
Drop in any time mate:). Even I need to come see your now completed HT, saw it while it was still WIP.

hi santosh i just completed the work in my room ,have just posted the pics in showcase your equipment too---the results in terms of function is jst amazing its made one hell of an improvement in both audio n video

Last edited:
hi --santosh ,,some more pics, materials used
1--anutone tiles for false ceiling
2--acoustic slims for all the walls
3--acoustic boards with fabric to seal the 2 windows and an open space on the right front side ,behind it where i have placed my additional equipments
4--carpets /furniture yet to be replaced

Last edited:
hi santosh i just completed the work in my room ,have just posted the pics in showcase your equipment too---the results in terms of function is jst amazing its made one hell of an improvement in both audio n video

:yahoo: Thats tooooooo much of equipment subhash.

Phew.... goodness gracious, looks like one lottery ticket will do this kind of trick for me.:eek:hyeah:

:yahoo: Thats tooooooo much of equipment subhash.

Phew.... goodness gracious, looks like one lottery ticket will do this kind of trick for me.:eek:hyeah:

hi pavan , have bought my equipments over a long period of time , the only recent addition this year is the power amp (vincent sp331mk) , the other equipments have been bought over a period of 3--5 years

WE can help you with the acoustical treatment of your home theatre in bangalore we are the manufacturers of wood wool boards for the same and you can come in to have an demo at our works.

index
Thanks for the offer to help Vinardax, but I have already bought the wood wool boards from Anutone. I heard about your company through a fellow member - opert. Some nice products you got there:) All the very best!!

Also, I have updated the vendor directory thread with details of your company. Thread below:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...es-materials-vendors-directory.html#post73728

hi pavan , have bought my equipments over a long period of time , the only recent addition this year is the power amp (vincent sp331mk) , the other equipments have been bought over a period of 3--5 years
Nothing close to what you have, but even I bought my equipment over last 7 years. But, I must admit that I have lost all control over my finances, the Home Theater Construction (especialy the urge to experience Full-HD ASAP is forcing me to buy things faster than I had initially planned.

Pavan, don't wait for a lottery, just start buying components as and when you can, you'll end up with a great system:).

Last edited:
i too lost control of my finances thanks to the audio/video world, man its an addictive hobby , anyway i have tried to gain control for the time being, but a lot of gear is still in the list
1-def tech supercube reference sub
2- a blu ray player probably a pioneer
3 -a full HD pj ,probably optoma HD20
4 ---the list goes on and on , dont really know when its going to stop!!!!! but right now resisting the urge but dont know for how long!!!

Santosh
Did you consider Anutone's pixel series (SoundzShoppe - Smart Ceilings & Walls) at all? They seem to provide aesthetically pleasing options. Thanks

Yes Raj, I had considered this. However, I wanted removable/openable panels. These would be good when you want a large wall to be covered with a single fabric.

I had seen this at Anutone's experience center where they have all their products on display. One should try and visit the experience center here in Bangalore to get an idea about their products. One can relate better as to how it would look in real:thumbsup: One thing though, there is no demo room or anything. Just all the products fitted in areas of about 10x10ft.

Haven't posted updates for a while, so here goes (sorry no pics):

I am nearing the final 20% of my Home Theatre Room Build:

a) All the panels have been wrapped with fabric
b) Fibre Glasswool of various densities and thicknesses have been filled. My carpenter is the happiest chap as he was fed-up of all the itching.
c) Ceiling is also complete - star light thingy inclusive. Some electronic modification required. Can be done anytime, will look at it towards the end.
d) Electricians are doing their last 10%. i.e., fitting switches, connecting to lights, routing audio-video cables/wires through conduits.

Also, I purchased\ordered below-mentioned Projector and accessories:

1) Optoma HD20 Full-HD Projector from the US. Projector should reach me around 25th of this month. Price: 1000 USD.
2) Optoma Panoview 16:9 120 inch screen from Ved IT Solutions, Hyderabad. This is expected to reach me tomorrow. Price: 13,500 + 12.5 % VAT = Rs.15,XXX/-
Here is a link:
120" 16:9 Matt White
3) Pearltek Projector Mount - Rs.1350/-. Painting/powder coating in black color - Rs.250/- max
4) MX Cable Organisers - Rs.175 x 2 . Definitely will need a few more.

Last edited:
Sathosh,

You must be spending a fortune doing all this up at one time.

Goodness, hope everything falls in place just as you wanted, and at the time you want it to happen:)

Waiting to get a dekkho at your set-up sometime soon.

From Automobiles to Acoustics a great switch:clapping:, i would still love if you get back to your Automobile DIY stuff soon.

Sathosh,

You must be spending a fortune doing all this up at one time.

Goodness, hope everything falls in place just as you wanted, and at the time you want it to happen:)

Waiting to get a dekkho at your set-up sometime soon.
Pavan, drop in any time for a 'dekkho'. For a 'dekkho cum sunnoh', we are just one week away:yahoo:.

From Automobiles to Acoustics a great switch:clapping:, i would still love if you get back to your Automobile DIY stuff soon.
Automobiles remain my first love mate. Will start work on the Willys immediately after this project:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back