Cabling for Projector Setup

kurups

Hi All,

I am planning to add a provision for a projector to my HT Setup. I would need some suggestions of the cables that needs to be run from the amplifier/TV to the Projector (Ceiling Mount). The projector is not yet decided, but i am just trying to plan early as the wall work is going on now, and i need to lay the cables now.

1) Power Cables (Hope a 6A Socket wiring will be sufficient )
2) HDMI Cable.....More suggestions welcome...

Thanks
Sreejith

Between your equipment rack- amplifier and projector-

Run 2 cat 5 cables for video, 1 cat 5 cable for control, 1 cat5 cable for internet connectivity.

Run 1 HDMI cable

1 5A Socket wiring for electricity- shall be at your equipment rack-- run an extension cord between the equipment rack and projector

Run the same between your amplifier and TV

If your amplifier has only 1 HDMI out-- add an external HDMI splitter so that Video and Audio goes to your TV and Video also goes to your projector

Hi thtpro, thanks for the reply... My questions in red below.....

can u plz elaborate on this.....

"Run 2 cat 5 cables for video, 1 cat 5 cable for control, 1 cat5 cable for internet connectivity".

Are u suggesting a total of 4 CAT5 cables...
2 Video,
1 Control (What control are u talking abt?) and
1 Internet connectivity?

For Video....few questions...
1) Why 2?
2) Do we use the CAT5(the LAN Cables) OR the RG6 Cables (which are used for TV cabling?)..... for Video?

Yes I am suggesting a total of 4 cat5 cables

1 control-- you can use it for IR sensor control-- Depending upon your room layout-- you may need to stand up and point your remote control at the projector-- This provides the capability to have an IR sensor at the screen- you point the remote control at the screen and control all the features of the Projector- You will need IR sensors to make this work

1 internet connectivity--Projectors will have a ethernet connectivity port directly -- similar to smart TV's

2 cat 5 for video-- in case your HDMI cable does not work-- use can use 2 Cat5 cables with balun and get your HDMI signal over to the projector

RG6 cables are not used-- we do not an a RG6 (analog) signal going directly to the Projector-- it is used as input to your CATV box

You have have a Wii run a composite cable (Yellow RCA connecor) directly to the projector--

hi thtpro,

that was news for me that 2 ethenet cables can be combined to get an hdmi siignal. thanks for that.

so i will go ahead and run two PVC pipes from the avr to the projector...one carrying an HDMI and one CAT6 cable and the other can carry 3 CAT6 cables....hence i must have in total - 4 cat6 cables and 1 hdmi also.

good to see that u are in bangalore. can u suggest me some place where i can get an External IR Receiver (12 Volts)...

1) First one... i need for use with my AVR for a zone 2 operation....This needs a 12 Volts External IR Receiver.
2) Second one.....As suggested by you for use with the projector, (To point the remote to the screen and control the projector)

i searched a lot on SP road, blore, but no one seems to be aware of such a thing at all....

rgds
Sreejith.

Just to clarify you will also need a cat5 cable from the screen to the equipment rack. The screen will have the IR sensor. The equipment rack will have the power supply with the IR block. From there you need to distribute the IR signal to the projector as well as all the equipment in the equipment rack- with IR repeaters.

As you correctly said I have not seen this equipment either- on SP road

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back